Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Long Did You Stay In The Hospital?

I wanted to take a poll and find out how long each of you stayed in the hospital after surgery. I am being sleeved on the 4th of January at Memorial Hospital in Jacksonville, Florida by Dr. Webb, so I would especially love input from sleevers from this particular hospital. And also those of you who have sleep apnea, as I have that as well.

Thanks, everybody.

I went to Mexico and stayed in the hospital 2 nights. Then 2 nights in the hotel.

Got sleeved early on a Wednesday morning (checked in at 8am, and surgery prob started around 10/10:30), and was discharged before noon on Friday...good luck, and excited for you!!

I went in Friday 10:00am sleeved at 12:45pm discharged Saturday at 4:00pm

I had surgery at 6:00am on tuesday AM, October 4 and discharged at 9:00am on thursday. in ca

It looks like most people are staying about 2 days. Did everyone see a nutritionist while they were in the hospital?

I stayed 2 nights. No nutritionist in the hospital but saw one a few times at my doctor's office. Good Luck. I was just sleeved 12/20.

I had my surgery early on a Wednesday morning (8:30 a.m.). My surgeon said I could go home if I wanted to on Thursday afternoon, but I was so tired from them making me get up and walk every hour the first night, that I asked to stay another night (I would have had a rough time trying to rest at home with my 5 year old, husband and dogs!) and there was no issue with it. So I stayed 2 nights but could have just stayed 1. I'm glad I stayed the extra night, though, it made a huge difference once I got home, I think.

I live near Jax as well, but had my surgery in Mexicali. I stayed in the hospital two days, then did the very long plane trip home and did just great. I did not see a nutritionist in the hospital, but they did provide me with a ton of documentation and covered all of that prior to my having the surgery.

I had to fight to get to stay two days. I was authorized for two days, but they wanted to hurry me out of there since my doc was going on vacation, I suspect, and because I was doing realyl well. I wasn't having it. I was nice, but I wanted my two nights of recovery -- I have 4 kids and 2 dogs to come home to, I wanted the second day/night to focus on my recovery before coming home to the insane asylum.

I did have a brief nutritionist visit in the hospital, it was probably 15 minutes or so.

I had surgery around 10:00 a.m. on Monday, November 21, and was discharged on Thanksgiving Thursday around 6:00 p.m. I'm not typical though, as I had complications that forced me to stay a few more days. Most everyone is just a one, sometimes two, night stay.

My surgery was at 10:00AM on Monday 11/21/11 and I left the hospital around 1:00pm on Tuesday. 11/22/11. 1 night stay was good enough for me. I was walking laps around that floor....so bored!! I met with my dietician a week before surgery and then again two weeks after. Good Luck!!

I know my surgeon/hospital tries to discharge people on the next day if things look good. I'm fine either way- going home after one night or staying a second night if necessary.

I stayed 3 nights when I had a c-section but the third night was my choice since had to see my OB the morning after the third night and I live an hour away.

My surgery was at 10:00AM on Monday 11/21/11 and I left the hospital around 1:00pm on Tuesday. 11/22/11.

Kristin, nice to meet someone who had the surgery the same day as me, the same time, even! I think we're, what they call, "sleeve-siblings." ;)