Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Post Op 24 Yrs Old

Hey guys!

I just wanted to check in with everyone, I had my surgery wednesday at 9am and stayed in the hospital until saturday at 7am ( Had to stay an extra day because my surgeon is a stickler about the 640z -__-). Everything went very well! This was my first time ever being in the hospital so I was a nervous wreck! When I came out of surgery I didn't have any nausea, pain, gas, or anything which is truly a blessing! I was very tired, but that is expected.

I am walking around fine, just afraid to stand up completely straight because of the pull on one of my incisions, it doesn't hurt, I just don't like the discomfort, but I deal with it ( I know, I'm a wuss lol). Walking up and down the stairs in my house isn't hard for me either, I actually like the steps better than regular walking for some reason.

All in all I am doing well, getting my liquids down is a nuisance but that's only because I wasn't a big drinker before surgery. I don't have any issues swallowing or keeping anything down (I am still on clear liquids).

I hope this encourages some of you future sleevers because I was TERRIFIED at the whole thought of surgery and I made it through perfectly fine! I'm excited for my new journey biggrin.png

P.S. I don't remember my starting weight but I go back in on Tuesday for my week check up and will update you all with stats.

Pss...What I wouldn't give for a cheesy Dorito!!!! Not a bag, just one, but oh well lol.

happy holidays Bcole, it sounds like you jumped through WLS with flying colors. congratulationsrolleyes.gifyou should be the new poster girl. no nausea, pain, gas. man oh man, what more could you ask for. Being a little tired, well that just reminds you that you just had surgery and should take it easy for a bit.

one comment from me and possibly other WLS "survivors" is "they wish they had done this earlier" well chicke, you can't do this much earlier than your ripe young age of 24. I'm so jealous. You see i'm being an old fart of 58,wof.gif WLS was not even around back then with the dinosaurs . Oh well.....

focus.gifi'm so very glad things went so smoothly for you. I was amongst the luckier ones too. Keep on keepingon but maybe you better get rid of the thoughts of Dorito's - least for a while001_smile.gif

ho ho ho

kathy

happy holidays Bcole, it sounds like you jumped through WLS with flying colors. congratulationsrolleyes.gifyou should be the new poster girl. no nausea, pain, gas. man oh man, what more could you ask for. Being a little tired, well that just reminds you that you just had surgery and should take it easy for a bit.

one comment from me and possibly other WLS "survivors" is "they wish they had done this earlier" well chicke, you can't do this much earlier than your ripe young age of 24. I'm so jealous. You see i'm being an old fart of 58,wof.gif WLS was not even around back then with the dinosaurs . Oh well.....

focus.gifi'm so very glad things went so smoothly for you. I was amongst the luckier ones too. Keep on keepingon but maybe you better get rid of the thoughts of Dorito's - least for a while001_smile.gif

ho ho ho

kathy

Thanks so much Kathy! I am definitely proud of myself and I feel very blessed not to have had any type of pain or gas! Thank you for you encouraging words! 58 is not old btw, lol

Merry Christmas to you!!

Thanks for the encouragement both of you. I am awaiting my surgery date, sometime in January. I am 57 and also wish I had done this earlier. I am thinking positive and glad I am not waiting any longer. Excited to join you both in the ranks of VSG success stories,

Pattiwoot.gif

Thanks for posting your encouraging experiences so far. It is nice to hear a positive story every now and then.

Good luck, and I hope that everything continues to go smoothly for you. Please keep us posted with your recovery!

I had just turned 28 when I was sleeved. Best decesion I have ever made! Life is so different and it keeps getting better.