Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Fatigue...when Does It End After Gastric Sleeve Surgery?

You will start feeling stronger every day. It took me almost a month or two to feel back to 80-85%. After 3-4 months I was 100% again. Give yourself time to heal!

I agree with everything that's been said above. You must get your liquids in, along with your 70g of Protein per day and your Vitamins. I was having that dragging feeling until I added B12 to my routine. I take a chewable multi every day and a sublingual B12 every day, although my surgeon suggested that I lower the B12 to 3 times a week this morning. If I don't have my Vitamins, I notice the drop in energy very quickly.

Good luck!! :)

Do you think we are tired because we are running on "Old" stored fuel? If you used 20 year old fuel in your furnace, sure, it may run, but not without nearly conking out and being sluggish. All that sludge on the bottom will eventually get sucked through and you will be running on fresh calories. I have faith

Very interesting theory! :Chevy_anim:

Just wanted to add....I had run out of Vitamins for a couple of weeks and felt DRAINED. Got the Vitamins in and after one week back on them feel GREAT and stall broke!!!! YEA VITAMINS!!!!!

Just wanted to throw that out there for the newbys!!!! TAKE YOUR VITAMINS!!!!!

I work full time 12 hour shifts and have a very active 4 year old.

I was sleeved in May and have five lbs until goal!!!!!

:)

I started setting a reminder on my cell phone to remind me to take my Vitamins and Water and soon I had been feeling pretty close to normal energy level but now it has dipped again. I examined my routine. Recently, I've been missing a Vitamin or two each week, not drinking a Protein Shake every day and have had some personal relationship stress. Bad mix, I figure... So I surmise that not only do I need to get back to those vitamins, water and Protein EVERYDAY...I also have a lower tolerance for stress than I had pre op. It's good to know one's limitations and that steps can be made to improve upon them.

Hello,

I had gastric bypass in October 2019, it’s now December 2019. I had labs recently and my potassium was low. I am exhausted. I work, exercise take my Vitamins, Eat properly, 2 Protein Drinks a day yuck! But I do it. When I get home from work I’m in the bed. No energy what so ever. I walked at least 15, 000 steps or more a day. I have a job that requires me to walk, I’m loosing weight but I’m exhausted!
HELP!