Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Sleeve Surgery Date Set.....low Bmi

I also was a low BMI 36.2 I had my surgery on Jan,10.2012 and its been awesome I just hit my 5 month mark and im down 52 lbs so far I needed to lose around 60-75 lbs thats where my primary Dr would like me to be.I started out weighing 207 on surgery day and im currenatly at 155 today.Ive hit alot of stalls about every 3 weeks for up to 21/2 weeks at a time.But thats ok just remember when you hit those stalls your losing inches ive lost a total of 39 inches started out wearing a size 16 now im in a size 8 Id be glad to stay right where im at.My Dr who did my surgery siad he'd be happy if I weigh between 140-160 he'd consider that a complete success.I love my sleeve and I too tried every diet out there to lose weight and gain ti all back and extra to go with it.I haven't had to many problems just some issues with my blood pressure meds nedding adjusted and my Dr thinks I will be able to go off them soon.So anyone considering this procedure do your research and go for it follw all the directions your surgeon tells you and you'll do great.Good luck to you all.

Thank you low BMI's for sharing! I also have a low BMI and wasn't going to mention it because I thought I might be the minority of minorities. I really have enjoyed this thread!

What a great thread! I just scheduled my sleeve yesterday and I wish I could tell the world, my bmi is 34.66 im 228 +/-. I have only told a handful of people and im pretty sure it will stay that way.. sucks but I just dont want to hear it from people my goal is 128, not sure if thats realistic but ive always wanted to be tall and slender.. thanks everyone for sharing :D

What a great thread! I just scheduled my sleeve yesterday and I wish I could tell the world' date=' my bmi is 34.66 im 228 +/-. I have only told a handful of people and im pretty sure it will stay that way.. sucks but I just dont want to hear it from people my goal is 128, not sure if thats realistic but ive always wanted to be tall and slender.. thanks everyone for sharing :D[/quote']

I am so happy to read lower BMI information! I weigh about 210' but am only 5'3.

It looks like I will have surgery Sometime the week of July 2nd.

I am so excited to hear how you all get along...thanks again!!!!

I am so happy to read lower BMI information! I weigh about 210' but am only 5'3.

It looks like I will have surgery Sometime the week of July 2nd.

I am so excited to hear how you all get along...thanks again!!!!

I'm one inch shorter than you and 5 pounds heavier. People act like I've lost my marbles to be having this surgery, so I don't tell anyone anymore. My surgery is scheduled for July 2'nd!

I'm one inch shorter than you and 5 pounds heavier. People act like I've lost my marbles to be having this surgery' date=' so I don't tell anyone anymore. My surgery is scheduled for July 2'nd!

[/quote']

Hey Fagan! I am 5'3 and 208! So we are the same size too! 17 days to go.

Sent from my iPad using VST

So great to hear the lower BMI's. I felt very alone, I am self paying in Mexico and m so excited. I also haven't told many as I don't want the negative attitudes(my mom told me I was taking the cheaters way out),she's supportive now but initial reaction hurt. I'm afraid to tell my best friend as she has lost a ton of weight and I don't want to diminish her loss(very proud of her). I'll tell her later after I'm done so I can give her time to thoroughly enjoy her success.

My BMI is 31-32, I'm 5'5 and weigh 192.

I can't wait to get my life back.

This is too funny, we're more like SLEEVE TWINS than sleeve sisters!

This is too funny' date=' we're more like SLEEVE TWINS than sleeve sisters![/quote']

And we both have short hair and are using iPads :)

So great to hear the lower BMI's. I felt very alone, I am self paying in Mexico and m so excited. I also haven't told many as I don't want the negative attitudes(my mom told me I was taking the cheaters way out),she's supportive now but initial reaction hurt. I'm afraid to tell my best friend as she has lost a ton of weight and I don't want to diminish her loss(very proud of her). I'll tell her later after I'm done so I can give her time to thoroughly enjoy her success.

My BMI is 31-32, I'm 5'5 and weigh 192.

I can't wait to get my life back.

We are all different shapes and sizes, we all have supportive and non supportive people in our lives. But its us that have to look in the mirror daily.. who cares what other people say, everyone will always have an opinion.. it would be nice if they kept it to themselves sometimes.. :D Thank god for my hubby, he's so supportive, I dont know what I would do without him! wont it be awesome when were all skinny and our non supporters are like"WOW" ! Looking forward to those days! :P

Which Dr. Are you all seeing? My surgery is July 2nd with Dr. Kelly!!!

Loving this thread I am also a low bmi 33. Having a revision from band to sleeve. And I also have what I like to call shallow hall complex. I think I look sometimes even thin lol until I see pictures lol or my uniforms are to fitted. And of course like most of you are getting comments of why doing this..... Well to be healthier, get off bp meds and blood sugar meds. but honestly maybe some of us want to prevent going on meds, and have better futures. :), oh having mine July 2

Loving this thread I am also a low bmi 33. Having a revision from band to sleeve. And I also have what I like to call shallow hall complex. I think I look sometimes even thin lol until I see pictures lol or my uniforms are to fitted. And of course like most of you are getting comments of why doing this..... Well to be healthier' date=' get off bp meds and blood sugar meds. but honestly maybe some of us want to prevent going on meds, and have better futures. :), oh having mine July 2[/quote']

Who is doing your surgery? I loved your comment!

We are all different shapes and sizes' date=' we all have supportive and non supportive people in our lives. But its us that have to look in the mirror daily.. who cares what other people say, everyone will always have an opinion.. it would be nice if they kept it to themselves sometimes.. :D Thank god for my hubby, he's so supportive, I dont know what I would do without him! wont it be awesome when were all skinny and our non supporters are like"WOW" ! Looking forward to those days! :P[/quote']

That will be an awesome day!

I also was a low BMI 36.2 I had my surgery on Jan' date='10.2012 and its been awesome I just hit my 5 month mark and im down 52 lbs so far I needed to lose around 60-75 lbs thats where my primary Dr would like me to be.I started out weighing 207 on surgery day and im currenatly at 155 today.Ive hit alot of stalls about every 3 weeks for up to 21/2 weeks at a time.But thats ok just remember when you hit those stalls your losing inches ive lost a total of 39 inches started out wearing a size 16 now im in a size 8 Id be glad to stay right where im at.My Dr who did my surgery siad he'd be happy if I weigh between 140-160 he'd consider that a complete success.I love my sleeve and I too tried every diet out there to lose weight and gain ti all back and extra to go with it.I haven't had to many problems just some issues with my blood pressure meds nedding adjusted and my Dr thinks I will be able to go off them soon.So anyone considering this procedure do your research and go for it follw all the directions your surgeon tells you and you'll do great.Good luck to you all.[/quote']

Thank you!!!