Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clueless About Diet After Gastric Sleeve Surgery!

I was sleeved on the 13th and doing good. I went yesterday for my post-op appointment. Doc said everything was going good with me. I have lost 13.3 pounds since the 13th. I can now start eating mushies. However, I feel lost. I need all the help I can get:

Will someone please give me a sample diet plan of what you ate during this time?

Also, how much food should be ate at each meal? How do you know when you are full and to stop eating?

If you have any good blogs or websites that offer meal plan examples or any type of vsg help that would be extremly helpful.

What all Vitamins are you taking? Can you provide your Vitamin "schedule," as to when you take them? Also, what brand of vitamins do you all recommend?

Thanks so much in advance for all your help with this. I feel kind of lost and clueless about what to eat, when to eat, how much to eat, what vitamins to take, and when to take them.

Any help would be GREAT!

Hey! We are sleeve sisters! I was sleeved on Dec 13th too! Ow are the Muslims going down for you? Did you figure out what to have? Dd your surgeon or nutritionist let you know?

Everyone will be different at this stage because you all have different sized stomachs and swelling will vary from person to person. You'll feel restriction likely with every bite, so take it easy.

Things I loved: scrambled eggs made with american cheese to make the eggs moist. Refried Beans with cheese, Soups, pulverized egg, tuna and chicken salad...meaning no big chunks. My family had Pasta with meat sauce for dinner so I took some of the meat sauce, mushed it with a fork and added some parm cheese....sooo good. when they had tacos, I ate some of the meat with cheese and a bit of guacamole. Soft white fish mashed with a fork was good too. I had some mashed squash and sweet potatoes that were delish. I know many swear by mashed taters, but I did low carb and stayed away. One night I made egg plant parm for the family and it smelled so good that I put some in the magic bullet for me. It was mush, but the taste....omg, so good. I did some crock pot meals for the family as well and just mashed mine up. Pot roast, gravy and carrots in the magic bullet tasted like heaven even if I could only eat a miniscule amount. HTH

Hi livelaughloveme

if you have not spoke w/a nutritionist at the Bariatric Center - please do so.

It is their responsibility to give you all that information, what to eat, what Vitamins to take, how much food intake, etc. etc.

You must get this info from the Bariatric Center. This is your new life. Walk don't run so you can learn all the answers to your questions. These are all the proper questions & more, they need to help you and be there for you.

Good luck on the continuation of your journey

best

kathy

I was on a liquid diet for 3 weeks and slowly added yogurt, pudding, and any other soft moist food to the menu. I eat really slowly so that I can recognize when I'm getting full. I really liked salmon flaked, chicken salad, and tuna salad. I ate really soft foods for my mushie stage. I couldn't stand the thought of pureed food. It worked for me. ;)

Hey! We are sleeve sisters! I was sleeved on Dec 13th too! Ow are the Muslims going down for you? Did you figure out what to have? Dd your surgeon or nutritionist let you know?

Oops autocorrect! I meant "mushies".

My surgeon posts his post-op diet plans online. You can find the Sleeve guidance here (just ignore the dates for progression since your surgeon has you on a different timeline, but the food examples should be of some help:

http://www.northwestobesitysurgery.com/pdf/sleeve-gastrectomy-diet.pdf

I was the same way until I found this site, and read a lot about what to expect and what you should eat before and after... This site help me out a lot :)

I just typed up my first 7 weeks for another sleever on the site...pm me your email and I will be happy to email it to you...It has the recommended Vitamins and diet guidelines I followed on it. But it is several pages long and from others comments I believe she is very strict...but it worked wonders for me.

Oops autocorrect! I meant "mushies".

:lol: HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: (I kinda thought that was an autocorrect issue!!)

ATeam, that was the best laugh I've had in a while!! :)

Me too, I thought that was too funny, but then was really expecting someone to start in on it! Mushies are funny, what i did was tried different things, scrambled eggs, refried Beans with a bit of shredded cheese, tuna mix (without the chunky stuff that normally goes in there) cottage cheese, yogurts, cream cheeses, sour cream, mashed potatoes, really well cooked hamburger meat (put through the blender), ground turkey, and chicken (put through the blender) shurbet, Jello, sugar free of course, sugar free puddings, Your Protein Shakes, the Protein Powder can be mixed into the yogurts, and the puddings too. . . give you a bit more variety. Good luck

Hi all

After re-reading my post (#5) I think maybe i wrote something.....Livelaugh, i didn't mean to just tell you to go away to the Bariatric Center and try for you to get help.

I figured iniitially that might be the best place to start to get information cuz they should help us ----but then i got to thinking - I am 6 weeks post op and I sure don't know have the answers. Bariatric Center should tell us better, they do to a point. But it is good to ask them anyways.

But we can't keep asking them questions i.e. what people eat at different time, and how much....thats what we're here for.

Sorry, i feel weird now trying to say what i'm not properly saying

huggggs

kathy