Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am glad I have chosen not to talk about my surgery. It is very personal to me. I have been told to my face others are trying to guess what has happened. They are going to talk either way. I would rather not talk to them about it.

I am shocked at people's rudeness. I would NEVER flat out ask people if they had this surgery. And yes people have been loud and rude asking at my job, grocery store, gas pumps, etc. I mean LOUD. I would consider it as rude as asking someone how much they make. There are enough people who are willing to share their surgery...I don't have to and I really don't want to be open with it.

I understand where u are coming from. Its just that to me I prefer to be open and honestly most have been very supportive and proud of me. My thing is when I was overweight and I saw people dieting and losing tons of weight I always felt there was something wrong with me that I could never make it work. And so when people ask I tell them especially if they are obese because there is a tool that can help. And to be truthful parts of this were the easy way out and I am not ashamed of that. I am proud I have done something about my health. But it is a very personal desicion and some of the reactions have made me wish I shut my mouth. But then I think about all I've gone through to get here and I just can't. Do what's right for you. As for me I'm gonna shout it from the rooftops!! Lmao!

I think the whole "too thin" thing comes from the fact that almost everybody is overweight these days. Normal weight does look really thin next to the 2/3 of the country that is overweight or obese. I get a lot of those comments now - but I could still stand to lose several inches on the waist / hips region. I'm not going to kill myself chasing the last 10 pounds, but I figure my body is going to settle where it wants to - I was surprised to get below 150, my body wanted to go further.

People can be really mean. And, yes, this surgery was the easy way out for me. It was hard emotionally. It was hard during recovery. However, the weight loss was really easy and has been easy to maintain so far. I didn't get the surgery do it WOULDN'T work. I made a decision and I am thrilled that it delivered on its promise. I can't waste time thinking about whether or not I "deserve" what happened to me.

Besides the health benefits, its not much different than getting a new pair of boobs. Are my boobs morally superior to someone with fake boobs? No! Would I consider surgery if I wasn't happy with my boobs? Yes - if it really bothers me, I am going to take care of it. I don't want to live a life of fear and regret because someone is judgmental about surgical procedures. I also had a C-section when I had my daughter. It wasn't medically necessary - I just wanted one. Guess what? I did it the way I wanted to, we are all healthy and happy, and it's no ones business. Just because I took a different path doesn't mean I am less of a mother.

Ok, I'm stepping off my soapbox.

I don't consider it the "easy way" but really the "only way out".

I say this because once you have reached a certain level of overweight, it is pretty much shown that most people can't keep the weight off. Even if they diet and get some off... it eventually comes back on. I have experienced that myself repeatedly so I know it it to be true for me personally.

Weight loss surgery... the only way out, my last chance to get my weight under control.

Then I always follow it up with, and I'll keep it off too and smile. :) Have a great day!! Now go have your cookie.

LOVE THIS