Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Much Cheese Do You Eat In A Day?

cheese is on my Drs list of things I can never eat again sad.png I love cheese and miss it.

Jeese, have a little cheese. Wonder what your doctor would say to that slice of bacon I ate the other day?

I have an ounce of cheese a few times a week. My surgeon says to only go with low-fat, but since I don't care for that (i wish I could learn to like string cheese-it's a texture thing) I just have a smaller amount, less often.

I ditto the PB2. It is basically dehydrated Peanut Butter. Only 40 calories for 2 Tlb vs. 190 for 2 Tlb of regular.

But my biggest concern would be that cheese is considered one of the worst foods for, how shall I say it, stopping you up intestinally.

Shells, I'm Indian, too! I haven't met any other Indians with WLS, so it's pretty exciting to see you on here. Good luck with your journey!

Clk, it's amazing that you prepared all your own staple foods. I wouldn't have the patience for that, I think! I imagine it's much better to know what is going into your food, and know how it has been prepared.

DebiC, I still have to get that PB2! How do you find the taste to be in comparison with regular Peanut Butter?

He said cheese is packed with sodium and cholesterol. Boo.

I don't worry about cholesterol intake. If our intake falls below what our body needs, our body makes its own cholesterol. The brain is made of cholesterol. Our hormones are cholesterol-based. Unless a person is one of the rare few who genetically make an absurd amount, cholesterol intake affects nothing.

When a person eats a typical American diet (high carb/sugar), the blood vessels become inflamed. The body uses cholesterol as bandages to heal the inflamed areas. That's how vascular plaques get started. Cholesterol isn't the cause, but part of the body's solution. The answer is to keep the carbs down.

So, enjoy your cheese. preferably the lower-fat varieties to help keep our calories down. Cholesterol isn't a viable issue.

Puja -- there is a lot of fat in Peanut Butter but it is really good, and I can see why it is popular in India. But the thing I'd worry about more than the fat is that PB is all Omega 6 fat and not Omega 3. If you like nut butters, almond butter is also yummy and is all omega-3. Much better for weight loss and most people don't get enough. Also if you're a veggie you'll be getting a lot of omega-6 in your cooking oil -- corn, soybean, canola, etc.

Canola, walnut and flax oils are rich in Omega3

....And yes, tofu and seitan are good ways to get Protein but let's not lie to ourselves and say they're as dense in Protein as meat is - you have to make up that slack somewhere.

seitan- 26 grams of protein per 4-ounce serving

TVP- A 1/4 cup serving of Bob's Red Mill TVP contains 12 g of protein. In comparison, 1 1/2 oz. of chicken breast contains 10 g of protein

DebiC, I still have to get that PB2! How do you find the taste to be in comparison with regular Peanut Butter?

So good mixed with a sugar free flavored Syrup for desert. Some brands of Peanut flour has even more protein than PB2 and is good too. (PB2 contains sugar)

Feedyoureye, can I convert the peanut flours into a Peanut Butter consistency, to spread on crackers?

How much cheese do I eat in a day? NOT ENOUGH.....

Boiling an egg to have with delicious St. Paulin cheese now that I've seen this thread....

Although not a vegetarian, I have started using TVP in my families food to boost the Protein, cut the cost, cut down on fat etc.

I but the already flavored TVP (Taco) and add it to my ground beef after cooking-the seasoning serves to also season my ground beef. I started out small, but now we do 50/50. This works for tacos, Soups, spaghetti sauce whatever. My family is adults so they know it is in there, but even so they swear they can't tell any difference in taste or texture. I have also bought the sausage flavored and added it to Soups, or spaghetti sauce.

As for the PB2-I have only used it when i was doing shakes. I have never actually tried it as Peanut Butter, but I had better since I bought a 2 pound bag!! I have been thinking of making it up and mixing it half and half with real Peanut Butter.< /p>

Feedyoureye, can I convert the peanut flours into a Peanut Butter consistency, to spread on crackers?

Yes you can. It is unsalted and un sweetened, so you can salt it and add a sweetener if you llke, with the Water... it comes out nice and creamy without the oil.

This is the stuff I use.

http://www6.netrition.com/protein_plus_peanut_flour.html

110 cals and 16 gms Protein a 1/4 cup!

How much cheese do I eat in a day? NOT ENOUGH.....

Boiling an egg to have with delicious St. Paulin cheese now that I've seen this thread....

I'm with you! Havarti and strawberries!

I'm with you! Havarti and strawberries!

Traders has a white stilton with dried apricots.... mixed in a kale, blueberry and walnut salad... TO DIE FOR.

Traders has a white stilton with dried apricots.... mixed in a kale, blueberry and walnut salad... TO DIE FOR.

I've had that one. it is wonderful! They also have something called a Tapas Sampler, that has three different cheeses in it. They are small servings seemingly meant for us :-) I love Trader Joes. I've been going there since they dressed in pirate outfits and sold booze and batteries. There, I've dated myself.

...They also have something called a Tapas Sampler, that has three different cheeses in it. They are small servings seemingly meant for us :-)

I'll check that out.

I adore cheese!

I think another thing we lose perspective of, is how small our capacity for food is compared to the way it was. cheese used to be a huge sin, because (if you're like me) you could eat a ton of it. Yesterday, I felt like a pig because I got through an entire slice of French toast and 2 pieces of turkey bacon- then I realized, I used to be able to eat 5x that!

It's much better for you to fill up on a higher Protein, lower fat cheese- but in reality your body needs fat too, and it's doubtful you're getting too much fat (or too much anything!).

cheese is on my Drs list of things I can never eat again :( I love cheese and miss it.

I can't believe your dr won't let you have cheese. What is the reason?