Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oklahoma Sleevers

Joy my surgery date is January 8, and I am getting very nervous about the preop diet too. I go on Monday for a 3 hour appointment that includes the final nutrition class and an appointment with dr Le to talk about meds and such. I am nervous because they tell you not to gain more than 10 lbs. I haven't gained that much but I have gained a little. I am just disappointed that I haven't lost any.

What does your coordinator think about your approval? I was under the impression that they would be fairly confident you would get approved since they don't have a self pay option. My BMI is just over 40 so my insurance approved me even though I only have one if their "serious" comorbidities.

Lucky. I have sleep apnea high blood pressure and high cholesterol So I hope that with my BMI will be enough Glad you have a surgery date. I know you will be great. Are you on the pre diet now? Good luck with everything I ell be thinking of you.

Lucky. I am so happy for you. You will do great. Be sure and post how it goes. I wish I was as close to surgery as you. I can't wait to be thinner.

Dr. Walton did my surgery on 11/5/13. I'm losing and happy !!

Starting weight 226

Pre-op weight 214

Current weight 185.

Goal weight. 145

I'm over half way. I cried when I hit 40 lbs.

Jcoklahoma,

Any tips or heads up's for me? I'm traveling out to WeightWise on January 20th to be sleeved the following day by dr.walton! I'm super excited but starting to get a little nervous!!

Congratulations on your success! Sounds like you're doing great!!

My best advice is to listen and write things down. I was so happy but also very overwhelmed with all the information. Yes they give you a sheet but then the little details like w how long before I can take a bath. Or what did he say to do for this or that. They such a wonderful support system you can call and ask questions any time but it still made me upset not remembering. He is so awesome I am sure you know.

Pain level. Well mostly I had a total full blown Migraine so I took the pain medicine mostly for that. I came home on Wed took one dose Wednesday then one Friday and haven't had any since!!!

Best luck in your surgery I am so excited for you. I had to buy some clothes and I did not have an anxiety attack in the dressing room. This is life changing in so many aspects and I am only 8 weeks out I can not wait to seee what is to

Come. Please message me and let me know how your surgery goes !!!

Lucky I am so excited for you. You can do it! This diet is very important to your surgery so do the very best you can ti stick with it. You are a warrior, buddy, and about to join the losers bench. Dr Le said my surgery would be this month or early next month. I can hardly wait. Keep me posted on how you are doing so I know what to expect.

Lucky I am so happy for you. I got my surgery date. I join the losers on January 29. We are going to do great! Let me know about recovery time and how bad the pain is.

I came home from the hospital today. I'll be honest with you. It sucks. A lot. But it will get better. A

Hang in there Lucky. It is going to get a lot better. You have done great so far. Take you pain meds as prescribed Don't try to be brave. You have just begun your journey. I can't await to start mine.

I came home from the hospital today. I'll be honest with you. It sucks. A lot. But it will get better. A

How are you feeling today? I am so happy for you this has been a great journey for me and I hope it will be for you as well. I go in for my 3

Month follow up and I have never been more excited for someone to record my weight!!

Best of luck Lucky!

Lucky. How are you now? I start my 10 day pre diet on Sunday. Wish me luck. I know I will need it. Hang tight. It will all be worth it.