Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Oklahoma Sleevers

I was sleeved on 9/18 by Dr B. Live south of the city. Glad to hear so many peeps from Ok are changing things in their lives for the better.

just wondering how everybody's surgeries went... and why you guys all decided to go to Mexico, instead of using a local doctor? i live in the tulsa area.. so.. just curious.

thank you :) and i hope everybody's surgery went well!

The reason I went to Mexico was financial reasons. Insurance would not cover anything. I had a great experience and have had 2 friends go to my doctor since I went. They also had the same great experience. I only paid $5000 for my surgery. I am doing great and do not regret my decision at all. I have lost 82 pounds in less than 6 months. I only have 27 more to go. Life is great.

I also live in the Tulsa area.

Anyone here who had their surgery at Weight Wise in Edmond want to give me a rundown of what I should expect to happen when I go for my surgery tomorrow? Like...will there be blood work or a urine test or will I just go to the room? Will they give me "happy medicine" before the surgery? About how long after I check in will I go back to the O.R.? Thanks!

Anyone here who had their surgery at Weight Wise in Edmond want to give me a rundown of what I should expect to happen when I go for my surgery tomorrow? Like...will there be blood work or a urine test or will I just go to the room? Will they give me "happy medicine" before the surgery? About how long after I check in will I go back to the O.R.? Thanks!

I'll tell you everything I remember! :) i got there early. They told me I was like the 2nd or 3rd surgery that day. I checked in up front, did some paperwork then waited for lab tech. The only labs they did on me was a urine test to make sure I wasn't preggers. Standard procedure if all the reproductive organs are intact. Something tells me you won't have to worry about that! ;)

A few mins later, the pre op nurse came & got me and my mom/bro & took us back. I immediately changed into a lovely gown & crawled in bed. Now I work the night shift and it was early morning so I'm used to sleeping so this could be an inaccurate description but I swear that bed was comfy because I was asleep most of the wait!

The pre op nurse was awesome. I can't remember her name but I think she's the only one who does that. She hooked up my IV, gave me a medley of drugs (nothing good though-like pain/calming stuff yet). I stayed there till they were ready for me in the OR. Dr. B came back & chatted with us as well as the anesthesiologist. I checked in at 7:45a and went back to the OR at 10:22a. They took my mom/bro the room I would be in when I got out.

Once I was in the OR, I remember about 5 mins. The anesthesiologist was waiting for me & the rest is history. My mom/bro said I was in & out in record time. I was so medicated, I don't remember much from that day except for "walk" and "sip"!!

The hospital staff was great. For a major surgery...no complaints here.

Wishing you the best of luck Aaron! You will be great!

I'll tell you everything I remember! :) i got there early. They told me I was like the 2nd or 3rd surgery that day. I checked in up front' date=' did some paperwork then waited for lab tech. The only labs they did on me was a urine test to make sure I wasn't preggers. Standard procedure if all the reproductive organs are intact. Something tells me you won't have to worry about that! ;)

A few mins later, the pre op nurse came & got me and my mom/bro & took us back. I immediately changed into a lovely gown & crawled in bed. Now I work the night shift and it was early morning so I'm used to sleeping so this could be an inaccurate description but I swear that bed was comfy because I was asleep most of the wait!

The pre op nurse was awesome. I can't remember her name but I think she's the only one who does that. She hooked up my IV, gave me a medley of drugs (nothing good though-like pain/calming stuff yet). I stayed there till they were ready for me in the OR. Dr. B came back & chatted with us as well as the anesthesiologist. I checked in at 7:45a and went back to the OR at 10:22a. They took my mom/bro the room I would be in when I got out.

Once I was in the OR, I remember about 5 mins. The anesthesiologist was waiting for me & the rest is history. My mom/bro said I was in & out in record time. I was so medicated, I don't remember much from that day except for "walk" and "sip"!!

The hospital staff was great. For a major surgery...no complaints here.

Wishing you the best of luck Aaron! You will be great![/quote']

This is so helpful. You've really helped to put my mind at ease. Thank you!

Hey all. I live in Oklahoma City. Been on a liquid diet since Aug 3rd (i started a week early, crazy i know....haha). Will be having surgery with Dr. Alvarez on Aug 31. I am ready for this day to finally arrive.

I'm getting sleeved by dr Alvarez on march 2 nd. I live in broken arrow. I'm paying cash that's why I'm going to him. Some drs in Tijuana were cheaper but I didn't feel as comfortable with them. I'm glad yours went well, how are you doing now.

My feeling was the same as yours with the choice to go with Dr Alvarez. He is awesome and as long as you follow what he says to do you will do great. Had very little pain just a little with the large incision which went away quick. Have lost about 95 lbs so far. I feel great and so glad I will never be where I was before with my weight. The struggle is finally over and no more yoyo diets. You made a great choice with the surgery and especially the Dr. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions you are not comfortable posting here.

post-34392-13813662929902_thumb.jpg

I'm in Northern OK. My surgery is tomorrow with Dr. Broussard. I've been excited and still am but today have woke up a bit nervous as well!!

I'm in Northern OK. My surgery is tomorrow with Dr. Broussard. I've been excited and still am but today have woke up a bit nervous as well!!

Good luck. Keep us posted on how it goes. I wish I was doing it tomorrow.

I am from Southern Oklahoma and had my surgery on Jan. 28th with Dr. Ronnie Keith, Oklahoma Weight loss Options in Norman Ok. I have done really well with surgery, no problems. Today I start the pruee diet, and start my multi Vitamin and Iron back today. Good luck to all of you starting your sleeve journey.

I'm from Bartlesville. I'm down for Feb 21st with Dr Katsis at Bailey Medical Center in Owasso. Good luck tomorrow Webblarsk! I know you will do great. I've chatted with you Terry. How are you doing? How much weight loss have you had? Good luck to all of us!!

I'm from Bartlesville. I'm down for Feb 21st with Dr Katsis at Bailey Medical Center in Owasso. Good luck tomorrow Webblarsk! I know you will do great. I've chatted with you Terry. How are you doing? How much weight loss have you had? Good luck to all of us!!

15 lbs since surgery(2 wks), 51 lbs since first seeing the surgeon on Oct 17th.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

That's terrific. Congratulations!