Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg Ate A Whole Egg

I ate a whole soft scrambled egg for lunch today...and it was sooo good. I was a little Leary but the liquid is just not keeping me satisfied and I have been feeling weak, needing protien. I am 12days out from surgery and doing great.

Way to go! I can't wait for my first egg!

I am also 12 days out and am going to make an egg for Breakfast. I was leary too but everyone I talked to just said to chew carefully and it will be fine biggrin5.gif

My nutritionist said that a lot of people have a hard time tolerating eggs. I wasn't allowed to have them until after the first month, and when I ate one for the first time it was surprisingly hard to eat! Now it's a breakfast staple for me but for whatever reason I found them difficult to digest early on. Good for you if you're able to handle one, it's a great source of protein!

I'm so jealous!! I ate eggs almost every day pre-sleeve, and since surgery, my sleeve hates them! Enjoy your eggs for me, too!

I am 6 days post surgery and finding it so hard to quench my thirst.

Sheryl, Good for you that you can handle an egg. I am amazed that you ate a whole one, but each sleeve is different!

49erFamily, Just keep sipping. It will get easier to drink as time goes by and you'll find yourself forgetting to sip. Are you at least getting in 32 ounces a day?

Good luck to you both! :)

A soft egg was the first "food" I ate...I was so excited! I never truly craved sweets during the liquid phases, I really missed savory foods.

I now (6 weeks out) can eat a whole egg, I even add some whole wheat flour to it (scrambled) and it's just enough but not too much.

I am 1 month out, and chances of me eating a whole egg anytime soon are slim. In fact, I tried eating 2/3 an omelet and vomited it all. Even 1/2 an egg is a challenge. You're in luck!

I feel for you Estella, you must have a tiny sleeve.

I spoke to Dr Garcia about the size of my sleeve and he agreed with me that removing only 75% would be good so I think I have a slightly bigger sleeve than is normal.

Also I know from previous surgeries that I am a quick healer so maybe the swelling has gone down.

I now scramble my eggs with a tablespoon of salsa and grated cheese...mmmmm.

I can easily eat a 1/4 cup of most mushies. I have been eating shrimp and baked fish the last couple of days and find I fill up quickly on these solid foods. I have been using digest enzymes and think it really helps my digestion of the solid foods.

Oh how I LOVED eggs pre-surgery! First few days after being sleeved, I could eat a bite or two before having the whole thing repulse me! I waited about a week and half, and then tried again. It went a bit better, and now I am almost 3 weeks post, and I can eat 3/4 of one scrambled egg on a good day. I miss them so much, but when I can​ eat one they are delicious!!

I am 1 month out, and chances of me eating a whole egg anytime soon are slim. In fact, I tried eating 2/3 an omelet and vomited it all. Even 1/2 an egg is a challenge. You're in luck!

I was the same way, but I had a really tough recovery. I think I had such a hard time with food because of a small sleeve combined with extensive, prolonged swelling. I ended up spending 4 days in the hospital 2 weeks after my surgery because I couldn't even get liquids down.

im exactly 2weeks post op and i can eat food i chew it till its liquid. i was told i could if i can tolerate it but to be careful.