Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevers 2011 Roll Call Shoutouts

Hi StrasVegasGirl - I had my surgery on Nov. 7th, too. Looks like we're pretty close on loss. I'm down 54.6lbs. I haven't been checking in here very often (work has gotten super crazy), but I still think about all of you and wonder how everyone's doing. I hope more banana Babes will check in and update. I feel SOOOOOO good. Even if I didn't lose another pound (though I'm sure planning on it), the surgery would still have been worth it. I'm thankful for this sleeve every day. I've not done as good a job at taking photos for comparison as I'd planned, but I've got a couple, and plan to take more this weekend. I'll get them uploaded once I do. Hope everyone's doing well!

Hello everyone,

Today is my 3 month anniversary and just got back from my surgeons office. I got to speak to the nutritionist, my surgeon, the exercise physiologist and the mental health counselor. It was great! I got all my questions answered and they were happy with my progress. I am a "slowish" loser, so it was great to hear from them that I am on target.

I will jumpstart my exercise routine. I have been biking leisurely 5 days a week for 15 minutes (I had not riden a bike in 30 years), which of course is not enough, so I plan to join a gym shortly. Meanwhile I am going to a Zumba class this Saturday.

Two days ago I was able to eat 3 ounces of chicken and I was happy and shocked! It should start to become easier to continue to meet my Protein goals now. I am able to meet my Fluid goals almost everyday, but I struggle with Vitamins. I promised myself I will make a plan today so I can start taking them religiously. I feel great and want to continue to feel this way, so I have to get better at it.

What else? I am two sizes down and thrilled about it! My husband measures me every month. It is exciting to see the number of inches lost go up. I bought some Shapewear and now take my time getting dressed in the morning. I want to look nice everyday! :) I have a long way to go yet, but I am truly enjoying the journey. I hope I get to say this at my 6th month update. Until then, good luck everyone!!!!!

I am down 36 pounds total, including about 10 day liquid diet pre surgery. Doing 3 advanced step classes/week. It is really unbelievable that some people here are stating 50+ pound weight loss as that seems highy improbable and I'm hoping people are being honest about their weight loss since the only one you're lying to is yourself. But if that's what it takes to get you through... I know what my doctor has told me the typical low and highs are for weight loss at this point, so I'm good with where I am at. There's so much dishonesty with compulsive overeating, now's the time to get honest.

It is really unbelievable that some people here are stating 50+ pound weight loss as that seems highy improbable and I'm hoping people are being honest about their weight loss since the only one you're lying to is yourself. But if that's what it takes to get you through... I know what my doctor has told me the typical low and highs are for weight loss at this point, so I'm good with where I am at. There's so much dishonesty with compulsive overeating, now's the time to get honest.

It's entirely possible. I don't even feel like I'm doing that well on the weightloss because I can still eat a lot, but I've lost over 50. I've been over 50 since about 6-7 weeks after surgery. I started out at 395 preop on 10-25(and 431 on Sept. 23)...I'm 318 this am.

I am down 42 total. & was before surgery.

Julie

Hey guys!

I thought i would check in with you guys also and let you know how my progress has been going. Tuesday marked my 3 month post op day, and i must say things are been going great. I feel like i have a good handle of things now and my body has adjusted well to sleeve. I can eat now and know exactly when i've had just enough and not feel overly full and uncomfortable, which is awesome. Energy levels are up and i feel like i haven't had any operation done to me at all! well of course besides losing the weight and looking better and healthier than i ever have before. lol well onto the best part of this whole thing, i have lost 74 pounds to date since the operation. And i couldn't be more happy and thankful to have had this surgery. I too am enjoying this journey and its great to hear that everyone of you guys are too!

I am down 36 pounds total, including about 10 day liquid diet pre surgery. Doing 3 advanced step classes/week. It is really unbelievable that some people here are stating 50+ pound weight loss as that seems highy improbable and I'm hoping people are being honest about their weight loss since the only one you're lying to is yourself. But if that's what it takes to get you through... I know what my doctor has told me the typical low and highs are for weight loss at this point, so I'm good with where I am at. There's so much dishonesty with compulsive overeating, now's the time to get honest.

I didn't have a pre-op diet and I just started exercising very leisurely and I have lost the same weight as you. I could have easily lost another 11 pounds if I exercised vigourously and had a pre-op diet like you did. Those extra 11 pounds would have put me at 50 pounds.

We don't all lose at the same rate, we didn't all start at the same weight, we don't all have the same size stomach, some had complications so they lost more while recovering etc. It is absolutely possible that some people have lost 50+ pounds. What is unbelievable to me is that you called others liars without taking those things into consideration.

Hey guys!

I thought i would check in with you guys also and let you know how my progress has been going. Tuesday marked my 3 month post op day, and i must say things are been going great. I feel like i have a good handle of things now and my body has adjusted well to sleeve. I can eat now and know exactly when i've had just enough and not feel overly full and uncomfortable, which is awesome. Energy levels are up and i feel like i haven't had any operation done to me at all! well of course besides losing the weight and looking better and healthier than i ever have before. lol well onto the best part of this whole thing, i have lost 74 pounds to date since the operation. And i couldn't be more happy and thankful to have had this surgery. I too am enjoying this journey and its great to hear that everyone of you guys are too!

74lbs!!! Awesome!!!! I can't wait to get that far. Congrats everyone for keeping us posted.

Great job everyone you are all doing really well. Keep up the good work.

I agree that it's rude to think people are lying about their weight loss. I feel like I've been losing slow and steady and I've lost 53 pounds. I was 257 to start and now I'm 204. I don't work out a lot now that I'm back to taking classes but I try to atleast twice a week. I appreciate the people on here who are supportive and ignore the ones who are jealous and can't just be happy for others. We all lose at different rates.

Ummm....WOW. Really? Don't be a hater just because you're not at the same point yet in your journey. Longerlife is right. We all lose at different rates. Sometimes I go 2 weeks or more losing nothing and then will drop several pounds. We have ALL been through a lot and I don't think I just speak for myself when I say I am very proud of myself for doing this well so far. But just because I have up to this point, doesn't mean I automatically assume that those who haven't aren't doing what they should - nor do I assume that those more successful than me have to be exaggerating. I wish you (and everyone else here) all the best with your journey and hope we'll continue to support each other whether there's a need for celebrating or encouraging.

I know this might seem unbelievable to you but we are all different. I'm losing slowly but that's because I have less to lose than someone who weighed 300+ lbs. The more you weigh the faster you lose. I'm just thankful I'm losing at all and I think you're doing great as well. I really don't think anyone is being dishonest again we are all different. Congrats on your journey thus far.