Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Sleevers 2011 Roll Call Shoutouts

Hello everyone,

I was sleeved on 11/15/2011 and so far I'm down 30lbs and I'm healing well with a little soreness. I'm walking 2 miles a day.

I would love to hear how all of the Nov. sleevers are doing. Are you still on liquids or eating solid foods, how much have you lost, are you back to normal, what are you doing for excercise? etc. I look forward to hearing from all of you.

I was sleeved on Nov 14th and am down 28.5 pounds! I have been walking and I started back to zumba this week. I saw my doctor yesterday and he said I am now aloud to ski and I can start running but only one minute intervals. So today I am starting on the C25K program.

Eating is going well, but I am still so surprised at how tiny the portions I can tolerate are! I get severe nausea every now and then, and I'm still trying to figure out why! I am still on the mushy till Monday,then I graduate to soft for two weeks! Its all going pretty fast!

And now a word from the not-so-wise.....do not go to morning zumba class without eating first, or you just may find yourself flat on the floor with every staff member hovering above you, yelling garbled words! Just say'n....

Hi there!

I was sleeved 11/16 and have lost 22 pounds after surgery. I stroll around my neighborhood to get some needed sunlight and stretch out and plan on going back to the gym in January. My pain levels have been non existent (after an esophageal spasm attack at the hospital) . I only have one incision through my belly button and it has healed nicely. I put lotion on my whole belly because it itches sometimes.

I was one of the fortunate ones to be able to meet my Protein requirements early on, so I felt GREAT on my first 3 weeks. Shockingly great actually.

Finding a balance between eating enough and still meeting my Fluid requirements has been a little challenging though. Foods go down well, but I can only eat 1/2 ounce at a time, which is too little at this stage. I am now mildly dehydrated and not eating the 1000 calories my nut wants. I consume 735 at most. This, or the changing of my PPI due to mild reflux is causing mild nausea since Monday. On Sunday I was doing great with my Protein shakes but since nausea hit, I can't even LOOK at them!

Having said all this, I still feel good. The nausea is mild and doesn't last all day long. (It was not mild on one occasion actually). I am pushing liquids as much as I can to avoid further dehydration and fall into a vicious circle.

On the emotional side of things, I have been fortunate. I do get hungry, which does not worry me because a tiny bit satisfies it but, I haven't missed food. This might not always be the case, but so far so good. All in all, I can't complain and have no regrets. In a few months I think it will all fall into place and I can settle into my new normal. smile.png

I was sleeved on 11/28/2011 and since the day of surgery i've loss 18lbs..... im still on Clear Liquids but I do go back to see the surgeon on Tuesday. As far as exercise I stay at the malls since its the holiday time. Protein has been a real struggle, it makes me completely sick to my stomach so that's an issue but oh well what can I do right now. Vitimans make me ill to but all in all im happy with my decision and much success to everyone

i was sleeved nov 1st. down 35lbs. haven't really done much exercise as yet as i've had some reflux issues particularly affecting my esophagus. i always had reflux but it got pretty bad after surgery and is only starting to settle down a bit (good thing my dad is a dr!) so last week i've pretty much been drinking my shakes (never had a problem with taste) and eating whatever little i could get past my chest easily just to stay out of starvation mode (half a banana for a meal, a few chips for another meal lol). every day gets better though and the esophagus is healing nicely. congrats to you all!

I was sleeved on November 8th and am down 29 pounds. I am on Phase 4 of the diet plan and eat things like chicken, turkey, veggie burgers, lentil Soup, chili, cheese, eggs, Protein Shakes, etc....if I get a crunchy craving, I eat a few soy chips. My biggest problem is I eat too fast and take too big of bites. If anyone has any ideas how to do that better, I would much appreciate it! The only exercise I do is walking. I have five incisions that are healing. I am looking forward to my next appointment on January 3rd when I can move to the next eating phase. I have been dying for a nice salad!

Great job everyone!!

I was sleeved on Nov 30th and things have been looking up the last few days. I had a pretty rough first week with mood, super low energy levels, a flare up of fibromyalgia and osteoarthritis pain... but once my diaphragm stopped hurting and I could get up my stairs without getting dizzy, things started evening out. I dropped 17 lbs in the first week and but then stalled for six days, which did a number on my mood.

I'm hitting my Water and Protein targets consistently but I'm wondering if I might not be getting enough calories. I'm supposed to wait til next Wednesday to start mushy food but I've been pushing things a little here and there, always very careful to chew thoroughly before swallowing. I'm starting to recognize my "full" signs before I overeat, which I'm happy about.

Exercise has been nonexistent. I've been told to stop my NSAIDs for OA for four weeks, and as a result my joints hurt, especially my knees, shoulders and back. I'm trying to keep moving by keeping up with housework and chasing around my two small children.

Anyway, I'm curious about calorie intake. I'd been averaging about 600 calories and 65g of Protein a day, but yesterday I hit 750 cals and 78g of protein... and I woke up to a 2 lb loss on the scale. I'm willing to accept that it might just be my body doing it's own thing, but is there any truth to the idea of "starvation mode", where your body holds onto every calorie it can? That eating more will result in faster loss?

I was sleeved November 7th and so far down 34.6 lbs. I was stuck at 25 lbs. for a couple of weeks and was frustrated, even tho everything I've read here told me to chill. I went on a business trip last week (the eating experiences alone are another story for another day) and my calorie intake was as high as its ever been. I struggle getting 500-600 calories most days, but on this trip eating every meal in restaurants, I averaged 750ish and one day almost 1000! As crazy as that would have sounded a couple months ago, I just knew I would have gained weight. But no! My "stall" was broken and I lost almost 6 lbs in the 6 days I was gone. So I think I will try to relax when things slow down and just trust that this is going to work. I'm finally starting to believe this will not be another failure - and will be the answer I so hoped it would be. And I'm starting to feel great! Energy level is way up. As far as exercise, I'm walking as much as I can, at least 30 minutes a day. I want to do way more, and have the energy to go much faster and further. Unfortunately, I have a knee injury that forces me to quit before I'm ready. However, I will be having surgery to fix that on the 22nd, so hopefully can start the new year off better than ever. As soon as my orthopedic surgeon gives the thumbs up, I'm going to start the C25K program. So excited about that! Over all, considering my lack of much exercise, I'm pretty happy with my results so far. One more thing- I feel so blessed to have found this forum. Y'all have been my saving grace on more than one occasion! Best wishes to everyone on their journey. Even at this early stage, I already know this was definitely the right decision and I know if you don't already, most of you will feel the same way.

Hi everyone-I was sleeved 11/4 and have lost 30#. My recovery has been textbook, thank god. I am eating a full regular diet of Proteins and produce. Protein Shakes are so so, Im trying to be good about them but sometimes they just taste gross. I can drink liquids no problem and about 4 oz of yogurt, Soup, etc. But only a couple of bites at a meal of cheese, chicken or salmon. It will come with time. I hit a slight stall for 5 days when I traveled, but have dropped 4 in the week since I got home. My intake is 600-800 cal a day and 65g Protein ideally. I feel like I'm doing fairly well, no exercise yet to speak of. I'm buying myself a new treadmill for Christmas, I hate the cold and in my small town or within 30 miles-no gym :(. So waiting for day after Christmas sale for my new machine, I can't wait!! I wish everyone best of luck and a healthier 2012.

I had my surgery Nov. 10th and I am down 30 total.

On Regular foods. I eat 3-4 oz. of meat and if room some veggies.

I really miss veggies and fruit. I am slowly going to add some back in.

No complications at all. Feel great Dr. just gave me the go ahead to go tothe gym.

So happy I made this desicion!!

Julie

Hi everyone I was sleevedon 11/22 and so far I lost 38 pounds,everything has been fine except a pain I have around the belly button are which comes and goes and is more when I move to a certain side...Feels muscular...

besides that I feel great and I am still on liquid diet and a few pieces of cheese, i dont think I am eating more that 500 calories I dont know how to add more food to my diet and shakes I can digest any more.

Congrats to all and best of luck in the New Year

I was sleeved on Nov 28th and I am done 12 pounds from the day of surgery. I have been sitting on this 12 pounds for about a week and a half and its annoying, but as i have heard its just a stall.... I have not been drinking Protein Shakes cause it makes me want to gag but i am eating salmon and chicken and chewing really good. I feel great. I just went to my PCP and got blood drawn and they called me today and said its all good.... So far I feel amazing, im off work til Jan 3rd and i have been walking and been active every day, all my shopping, meeting my friends, running errands, etc. I just wish I wasnt so bummed about only losing 12 pounds since surgery....

I was sleeved Nov. 4. I had a great recovery, no pain at all. I've lost 37 pounds total. I just started working out at the gym this week and it felt great. I can eat just about anything, even salad. I still struggle with my brain not knowing Portion Control. I look at food and think, that's not enough when in fact it's too much. So I have to measure everything I eat. Soup I can eat about a 1/2 cup but tuna or other meat is 1/4 cup or less. I use myfitnesspal and log all my food. I stay at 700 calories and usually get between 50-65 grams of Protein. I need to work on the protein. Wondering if I should be increasing calories on work out day. Still the best decision I've ever made and I am loving life right now.

I was sleeved Nov 28 and have lost 25 pounds post-op, 65 total. I have been feeling really good the last week since moving on to pureed Protein. I am eating up to 1/4 cup pureed meats (mostly fish) 3x day. I really don't exercise, but I have 4 kids, so it's not like I am not busy. Santa is bringing me a Kinect with some dance games, so that will be my exercise soon. :)

I was sleeved 11-14...I'm down 33lbs right now, 53 since start of my pre-op diet, and 89 overall. I feel a mild hunger all the time which I suspect is acid. Started working out a week or so ago with racquetball/walking/bike riding/weights. Trying to mix it up. I don't seem to have any problems. I feel like maybe i can eat too much? I can get down 2 eggs pretty easily, drink 2-4 oz at a time with no problem either. I have been supplementing with Protein Shakes and have been over 90 grams of Protein just about every day. No fatigue and my stamina is good, but I have lost a lot of strength. I am looking forward to starting to eat normal food again. I have an appointment tomorrow with the DR, so hopefully I will be moving on from eggs and cottage cheese.lol