Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

January 2012 Sleevers!

Anyone else Jan. 16 (Monday)?

I go to the hospital at 6 am, I am crazy with nerves excitement and anticipation. I met with the anesthesiologist and handed over the money to the hospital yesterday. After a huge setback last year I can hardly believe it it nearly time, seemed like I'd never get here---and I've gotten weird about food, doing ok with the diet but I am fixated on my family having delicious meals, where a week ago I told them they'd be on their own I wasn't going into the kitchen _eveyone is very capable and over 16 i know its just my anxiety coming out but very strange to experience this change in outlook suddenly. folks, its all happening, we're on our way best of luck to all!

Well, I am on day ten of my pre-op diet. I am getting used to it. I have cheated a couple times. I took a bite of food here and there. I am just wanting to chew on something. :blush5: My surgeon has me on all liquid. But the nurse said if I get super hungry I can have a little vegetable Soup or some Protein in the evenings. I just did a freezer meal workshop last night so my husband can have ten meals that will be easy for him to make quick for the kids during the first two weeks after my surgery. I know I will feel fine enough to cook. But, I haven't wanted to because I want to taste test while I am cooking. That is a nasty habit that I need to break. I got a bunch of good ideas for meals a the workshop though. My family can have the carbs that go along with it (pretty minimal anyway). But when I get to the point that I can have real food again, the meals I made last night will be on the menu again for sure! I feel a little nervous about the surgery. I am imagining all of the bad things that could happen. But I am also SO excited. Does that make any sense?? I am excited about losing weight. I am excited about being healthy. The next three days need to fly by so I can just get it over with!

Hi Everyone!! I am on my 10th day out of14 days of my pre op diet. Monday is my surgery date. I really have been doing very good so far. The highlight of my day is SF pudding with Protein in it. Today, I had SF white chocolate pudding with simply vanilla Matrix. I can have unlimited non starchy veggies. I love frying up mushroom and red onions. I dread Sunday the day before surgery, I can only have a Breakfast and the rest of the day clear liquids; the I have to drink that horrible stuff citrate of magnesium at 3:00pm and stay near a bathroom at all times. Yikes! I have to be at the hospital at 5:00am (an hour away) and surgery time is 7:15am.

How is everyone who already been sleeved this month??

Good luck...I am almoste 2 weeks after surgery and doing great...been working all last week, and been doing light cleaning, laundry and all that...the only thing I can say is that I am exhausted in the afternoon and have been sleeping A LOT...no pain medicine, not even Tylenol...good luck and start walking as soon as you can after the surgery and as much as you can!

Ela

anyone getting sleeved tues jan 24???

Day 3 of liquids for me... chicken broth has become the highlight of my day... lol. I may actually start licking bullion cubes pretty soon, the salt cravings are almost uncontrollable. tongue.png

be careful with the sodium intake...you might retain water...are you using the low sodium broth?

My dr. also said that egg drop Soup is allowed and I had some when I felt I needed something more "solid"

good luck,

Ela

Congrats to those sleeved, prayers and good wishes for those of us still waiting. I'm so excited to start this journey. Being sleeved in NC on the 25th.

anyone getting sleeved tues jan 24???

Yes! I'm getting sleeved on the 24th. How exciting, we can follow each others progress. :)

its getting so close i have 1 more week of pre op diet..... then its Clear Liquids then the big day!!! but 1st lets get through medical clearance appt and pre op class!!!! 9 more days ahhhh!!! I have so many emotions but mostly I just want to have it done with!

Well, I am packing for the hospital today. I am nervous!! I am excited! (but more and more nervous the closer it gets!) I have to call today at 2:30 to check to see what time I need to be at the hospital in the morning. I hope I am the first one in the OR.

I'm done!!! I'm sleeved!! It was almost totally painless! Tomorrow I will probably be a little sore. Not taking any pain medications and I've been out of surgery for 4 hours now. Good luck everyone else! I try clear liquids tomorrow!

Awesome! glad your feeling well, how's it going now? Update ??? :)

Well, I am packing for the hospital today. I am nervous!! I am excited! (but more and more nervous the closer it gets!) I have to call today at 2:30 to check to see what time I need to be at the hospital in the morning. I hope I am the first one in the OR.

Em,

I need to call today after 3 to find out what time I'm going to be scheduled for tomorrow! I've already packed some of my stuff, but i'm trying to figure out if i'm missing something!!

Congrats to everyone who got sleeved this month and prayers the ones that are on their way!!

TOMORROW IS MY DAY!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!

Can anyone give me any ideas on what i might have to pack that i have missed?

So far i have some Gas-X, Vitamins, Calcium, tooth brush/paste,slippers, clothes, pillow and blanket. is that too much?

I don't know that I'd take a blanket - they'll have them at the hospital.

How about something to do? A book to read or something???

I have Gas-x strips, slipper socks, toothbrush/toothpaste, dry Shampoo, brush, comfy clothes and my pillow. I hate to use the hospital pillows. I am taking my laptop and phone and a Christian romance novel lol.

Oh, and I have to be there at 5:30 am. Yikes! My kids have to get up at 4:30 in order to get everyone to the daycare and me to the hospital.

circa,

it's a small blanket! sorry if i made it seem like it was a huge one. lol i usually get extremely cold in hospitals and the blankets there suck! lol

Em,

i forgot about the shampoo!!! lol thanks!!

And yes, i have my Kindle ready with a few books i haven't read yet. And i got a romance novel in there somewhere, too! don't know if i'm going to be up to reading anything romantic though! lol