Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dill Pickles For A Snack Wth?

I went to my 4 week post op appt and my Dr told me I can go straight to solids but to only eat meats and leafy veggies and if I get hungry betweens meals then eat a cucumber or a dill pickle WTHeck? I haven't eaten a dill pickle since I was pregnant with my last child 9 years ago. After the initial shock I pulled my big girl panties up and headed right on over to the grocery store and bought a big jar of pickles lol. If it helps me lose the weight I want, then why not. Has anyone else been told to snack on dill pickles? confused1.gif

I have never heard of that but I can't wait to eat them again...

I have always loved Dill pickles!! And although my Doctor didn't say hey eat this if you get hungry in between meals I do any ways!! I love really spicy food and I get the Texas Pete Baby Dills and I usually able to eat two of them....Also I love pickled Okra!!

When I was on ideal Protein, that was one of the"go to" Snacks. It was a freebie. I could eat as many as I wanted. Most veggies were freebies and that included pickles. Sort of like on WW with most veggies being zero points.... Enjoy your pickles! I think I'm gonna go buy some today. Thanks for the idea! My food choices feel very blah at the moment.

I don't prefer dill pickles; I like sweet gherkins. The sweet pickles have sugar in them, but it's not overwhelming. I like to eat one with a slice of roast beef or turkey. Usually I roll up the meat with a slice of cheese and a pickle in the center. Delicious, quick and easy.

I was given a bento box with it's own freezer pack and sometimes I'll pack the above for my lunch when I'm out and about. It's pretty cool to have something I know I can eat without having to find a restaurant and worry about what they are adding to the food.

I also like olives (Queen stuffed olives are YUMMY), but I can only eat 1 or 2 before Rex complains about the vinegar. Sometimes, though, I just want a little salty snack in my belly! :)

I eat some pickles, but keep in mind they are full of sodium.

I liked dill pickles before surgery. Now I'm a freaking addict. Every time my family orders out or we go out to dinner I'll order wraps or something with EXTRA PICKLES and then only eat the pickles and save everything else for later. It's kinda sad.

Mmmmmmmm....piiiiickles...... :lol:

Pickles are a low calories, no carb snack. But- as it was mentioned they are full of sodium. However- I'm so busy counting calories and carbs and fats- I don't really care so much about sodium myself.

Mmmm....pickles. I try to get in a little Protein with them by taking a thin slice of ham, spreading some cream cheese on it & rolling my pickle up in it. I slice it up & eat. I'm supposed to do 6 small meals a day & use this as a meal... though I don't eat it often because of the sodium, but it is a nice, easy treat.

I have been craving dill pickles. I am 4 weeks out Wed. I was told I could go to any reg food at 5 weeks out. However, they said to try and limit carbs and do just lean Protein and either cooked veggies or a salad......i can't wait to have a crispy dill pickle.....heck, i can't even wait to have a salad....i just want to crunch, crunch crunch......

The Vlasic Snack'mm's are really good and crunchy. There are three in a serving cuz they are small, but even if you only eat one, it is very tasty and crunchy. No calories or carbs. tastes good with turkey slice and string cheese.< /p>

My doctor didn't advise me to eat dill pickles, but they've always been a go-to snack for me when I'm trying to lose weight because they're only about 10 calories, they're crunchy, and they're salty. Perfect for me.

Hells YES!! I hope DR. Baggs get ME on the pickle train! I would be all over that! Medically prescribed pickles- I freakin love it!

SF

weight.png