Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Was Your 1st Months Loss After Gastric Sleeve Surgery...especially Those Who Lost Alot

What was your 1st months loss...especially those who lost alot.

I posted before about losing alot my first 4 days.... well its still going strong and on post op day 8th im at 23lbs lost!!! Im not complaining I just think this is crazy how fast its coming off. I mean even if I have a stall of some sort the rest of the month I will still probably hit 40lbs lost the first month.

I did this surgery to loss weight but i'm afraid of it coming off sooo quickly like something is wrong with me. Im still on liquids although i try to add mushys now but cant do too much before I feel blah.... I know I might be slightly dehydrated but i have been working on that the last 2 days......

I just want to see if others out there lost in the 30-40-50 the first month or if that is unheard of?

BTW

I am 5'4'' was 268lbs

now I weigh 245.4

and I have 3 boys at home 2 of which are babies so I do move around a bunch

I dont know the anwser cause i am still pre op. but WOW congrats ont he weight loss. I will be happy to lose half that the first month! i would say as long as you are staying hydrated dont stress it to much.

10 days out at 24 pounds lost. I am a higher BMI person though.

I lost 30 pounds the first month. I lost 25 the first 2 weeks and then I had a stall that lasted about 9 days and then I lost the other 5 pounds.

I lost 9 pounds on the pro-op liquid diet, gained 8 in the hostal and now I am down 27.7 pounds. Yesterday was exactly one month.

38 lbs post-surgery. But I lost 22 the 2 weeks prior to surgery, so I probably lost a little bit of that "launch" you get.

I lost 24 in the 2 weeks pre-op and then another 22 in the month post-op. yesterday was exactly one month-So a total of 46 in 6 weeks. I have a much higher starting BMI than you-so that makes your loss even more amazing.

Geeewhy- You've lost 122.6 lbs in 3 months? That's the fastest I've ever heard of!! What's your secret?

No, not quite! The first 23 was lost from my initial consult (May) to the beginning of my pre-op diet. So I lost a total of 45 prior to surgery. Since starting the pre-op on Sept 7, I've lost right at 100 lbs. My secret is pretty simple... you have to be REALLY fat before you start, hahaha. My BMI was very high, so I had an unfair advantage in the early stages. Still, moving at a pretty good clip!

Having a high BMI would help-Mine started well into the 60's so hopefully I will have as much success as you! I hope to hit the -100# by 5 months. That will put me at less than I have weighed in over 20 years!!!

Just don't get discouraged if you don't, because stalls do happen. I haven't had a one yet (knock on wood!), but I have had a couple weeks where I only lost 3 lbs... but then the next week I'll lose 9. And the inches are obvious. I love losing it fast, but honestly, as long as the trend is downward, I'm happy.

I am 17 days post op and i have hit a stall. I started mushy food on Sunday and have only lost 1 pound in 5 days !!! Since surgery I have lost 13 pounds. I thought it would be more and im getting a little frustrated. I keep hearing people tell me about the 3 week stall but i dont get it. I am not eating fatting food, i am only eating 3 meals and its low calories... Im hoping this is just a phase and that i start losing more soon.....

Thanx guys!! Im expecting the stall actually, so im OK with that. I didnt lose much at all pre- op ( honestly didnt really try) maybe 3 pounds. So this is all post op lost. Im ok I figured it was a combo of Water weight and massive loss fat and "crap" built up from the large amounts of fast food I was eating before.

I consider it my DETOX stage...lol

I am 17 days post op and i have hit a stall. I started mushy food on Sunday and have only lost 1 pound in 5 days !!! Since surgery I have lost 13 pounds. I thought it would be more and im getting a little frustrated. I keep hearing people tell me about the 3 week stall but i dont get it. I am not eating fatting food, i am only eating 3 meals and its low calories... Im hoping this is just a phase and that i start losing more soon.....

I am right there with you. On Tuesday I will be 3 wks and have only lost 10. I am so disappointed but hoping and praying I won't stall. I also started at 233. So very very similar.

I was down about 32lb the first month, starting at 292 & BMI around 42. I'm now down about 100 at seven months and just about at goal (we'll see how the body comp settles out - that's the actual goal.) Whether you stall or not at the typical three week mark, your loss will slow markedly at that point. Initially you are burning mostly glycogen (some stored carb and protein) which burns at a rate of around 2000cal per pound. Once those stores are consumed, you actually start burning the fat that we are trying to lose, but it comes off slower, at around 3600cal per pound. I never had the dreaded three week stall, but the loss curve sure flattened out some right at that time.

I lost around 25 pounds my first month. I don't even remember for sure! EEK!

I'm at 67.6 pounds lost as of today, 3.5 months post-op, which I think is INCREDIBLE! I see my figure coming back and I know I'll get to goal. I had surgery at 337 (HW 352) and I'm hoping to be around 230 by March.

At 230, I'll look like a brick S____ house again, at least that's what My Virtual Model tells me. I want to get to 170, but I've always carried my weight pretty well because I'm tall. We will see when I get closer to goal, but I know I'll get there. We all will, because we're determined to do it!!!