Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

If You've Had The Vsg Surgery Please Please Reply

I'm a month post op and I'm still having signicant pain in the upper left side of my stomach when I lay on my side or bend over. The pain seems to come from my stomach touching or rubbing up against anything inside of my body. Can you guys share at what point you remeber being pain free and sleeping in any position? I feel fine 90% of my day other than bending and sleeping. Thanks All..... just a round about time frame would help a lot.

i'm still pre-op..but one suggestion. call your doctor? Just from what i've been reading, having pain like that this far out isn't normal.

I will be 1 month post-op on the 15th, so 2 more days. I wonder if u are sleeping on your left or right side? I still favor sleeping on my right side. If I overdo my activities during the day, which I do almost every day, I will be tender on my left side where the large incision site is. I wouldn't really say it is super-painful, but then we all have different pain thresholds. If you are having "significant pain" don't hesitate to call your doctor. They have probably heard everything in the book, so that would be the best thing to do. Good luck & hope you heal quickly!

my pain was gone about 2 weeks out. I would talk to your doctor about it, not saying anything is wrong as we all heal differently. just saying you should double check with him. good luck to you.....and I hope you feel better soon!

I know it took me 6 weeks before I could sleep on my side again. It about drove me crazy! I agree it's always best to check with your surgeon though. Hope you're feeling better soon. The worst part is behind you - it gets WAY better, I promise!

I remember that I had one site that really bothered me and remember mentioning it at my 6 week check up and was told it was most likely the inner stitch still healing. With the little scars on the outside it sometimes escaped us how much went on, on the inside. As always, your best bet is to check with your doctor, always better safe than sorry. Hope you feel better soon!

I had a hernia at the top of my stomach that they fixed while they were in there. And I had HORRIBLE gas pain....left heart area up to left shoulder. It lasted until my three week visit. Jacuzzi tub helped alot. Motrin helped alot (check with your doctor first!) Gas X did help too. Even got my hubby to chop massage my back and that seemed to help. Try these things and see if it helps. Sorry.....sorry....I bet it will get better soon! First couple of weeks are the worst.

I am 3 weeks post op today. I had some pain in my right ribcage area a few days ago... Italked to my surgeon and it was gallbladder spasms. But... other than that...I have had no pain!

I don't recall significant pain after a few weeks, especially a pain like what you mention. My sister is prone to adhesions after surgery, she describes her pain as much like you do.

I have to agree with the above poster - see your doctor, better safe than sorry..

I used to sleep on my tummy prior to surgery since I could not fall asleep on my back or side. Now I sleep on my back or I will feel pain. I don't wake up with zits anymore since my face is not rubbing against the pillow all night. I bought a Sobakawa Cloud Pillow, which has REALLY helped. It hugs your head and neck and it is more comfortable to sleep so you wake up with no back pain.

This is OT: MoonSiren - I've heard of people having the issue you mention of acne when sleeping on a pillow, sleeping on your back is certainly one way to alleviate this. Just in case you ever go back to stomach sleeping, I've heard of folks pinning a towel around their pillow as a pillow case and changing it DAILY works wonders.

thank you all guys, I just joined yesterday but its great to have people to bounce things off of. I have spoken to my Dr. about the pain but its always great to talk to people that had the same surgery as you had. Thanks again for the feed back

]Hi DC, I been having almost the same pain but is my lower right side and it's more when I do a sudden move or i sleep, i tried calling my doctor but the nurse is the only one that tells me what to do, take gas x or take beneful .

What did your doctor said??