Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You look so great!! I saw you were burning 1500 a day on workouts.. what are you doing? I am bored from the treadmill,and I think its not doing as much good as it was a while ago.. thanks!!

I've only been burning over 1,000 per day lately. The 1,500 was during my weight loss phase and before my plastic surgeries. :)

I mix them all up with running, walking, elliptical, stationary bike, many DVD workouts which right now I'm doing Kettlebells and Medicine Ball... I just keep doing a bunch of different things every day. I don't want my body getting complacent!

I didn't think that once having the sleeve done that fighting food adition would still be a problem. I had my surgery 4/27/11 and since December I've found myself eating things that I souldn't. Bad carbs, like cup cakes, chips, ice cream etc. I find myself eating at night when everyone is sleeping and every day I tell myself I'm not doing that again and night time comes and I'm eating again. I eat for the sake of eating. I know myself all to well. I don't even feel like my tummy is talking to me because its much smaller now but I kind of feel like I can eat more and my tummy allows for it. Ugh....I feel like I've confessed my deepest sin. Please don't judge me, please help me. I know what I've done is wrong. I just need someone to help me out of the darkness.

I didn't think that once having the sleeve done that fighting food adition would still be a problem. I had my surgery 4/27/11 and since December I've found myself eating things that I souldn't. Bad carbs, like cup cakes, chips, ice cream etc. I find myself eating at night when everyone is sleeping and every day I tell myself I'm not doing that again and night time comes and I'm eating again. I eat for the sake of eating. I know myself all to well. I don't even feel like my tummy is talking to me because its much smaller now but I kind of feel like I can eat more and my tummy allows for it. Ugh....I feel like I've confessed my deepest sin. Please don't judge me, please help me. I know what I've done is wrong. I just need someone to help me out of the darkness.

*hugs*

There will come a moment where one will realize that the sleeve is nothing more than a small stomach. Our brains will still operate the same way it did before. The whole not wanting to eat feeling only lasted for me for about 4 months. After that I still had to deal with all the same need to eat feelings I ever did before. I couldn't eat AS MUCH of it, and that was the only difference. Now there are even slider foods that I *can* eat as much as I could before. I have to really watch my portion sizes with those. Just something to look out for.

Don't beat yourself up! You are human!! We are living the same flaw, but please know as long as you really do the best you can, you can keep it muffled most of the time. I have to trick myself to keep me from eating bad foods. I now have myself on a eating schedule, much like a baby would be. Monday through Friday I'm still logging my foods, and I eat ONLY at certain times of the day. I just work really well like this. I'm a type person where I thrive under order and regimen. I cannot live life by the seat of my pants, because left to my own devices I will usually choose the wrong answer.

Here's my suggestions:

• Get yourself off the bad carbs/sugar.
  • Do really low carbs like mentioned in this diet. It will help ease the cravings for it.
  • Log everything! I use www.myfitnesspal.com - I am Lilmissdiva_Irene there, send me a FR! :)
  • Once those 5 days are up, get back to a healthy well balanced eating plan. Protein first, then veggies and a few bites of good complex carbohydrates for your solid meals. Keep logging!!
  • Do not eat past 7 PM!! It's just not good, and believe me, I have a hard time with this one too. I am really trying hard to stop that.
  • If you do not already, begin some type or workout routine. Even burning an additional 500 calories per day translates too an extra Lb of fat gone forever every week that you would not have lost otherwise!
  • Find a regimen that works for you. Here's mine, Monday through Friday I avoid the "C"s... that being:

Candy

Crackers

Cakes

Chocolate

Cookies

Chips

Cereal

Pop Corn

Ice Cream

I do not log on the weekends though but please note, I am not trying to lose weight. If you are still trying to lose, then maybe leave yourself only 1 free day per week.

It's NOT easy!! I stress this all the time, but never ever forget - YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

*hugs*

There will come a moment where one will realize that the sleeve is nothing more than a small stomach. Our brains will still operate the same way it did before. The whole not wanting to eat feeling only lasted for me for about 4 months. After that I still had to deal with all the same need to eat feelings I ever did before. I couldn't eat AS MUCH of it, and that was the only difference. Now there are even slider foods that I *can* eat as much as I could before. I have to really watch my portion sizes with those. Just something to look out for.

Don't beat yourself up! You are human!! We are living the same flaw, but please know as long as you really do the best you can, you can keep it muffled most of the time. I have to trick myself to keep me from eating bad foods. I now have myself on a eating schedule, much like a baby would be. Monday through Friday I'm still logging my foods, and I eat ONLY at certain times of the day. I just work really well like this. I'm a type person where I thrive under order and regimen. I cannot live life by the seat of my pants, because left to my own devices I will usually choose the wrong answer.

Here's my suggestions:

• Get yourself off the bad carbs/sugar.
  • Do really low carbs like mentioned in this diet. It will help ease the cravings for it.
  • Log everything! I use www.myfitnesspal.com - I am Lilmissdiva_Irene there, send me a FR! :smile1:
  • Once those 5 days are up, get back to a healthy well balanced eating plan. Protein first, then veggies and a few bites of good complex carbohydrates for your solid meals. Keep logging!!
  • Do not eat past 7 PM!! It's just not good, and believe me, I have a hard time with this one too. I am really trying hard to stop that.
  • If you do not already, begin some type or workout routine. Even burning an additional 500 calories per day translates too an extra Lb of fat gone forever every week that you would not have lost otherwise!
  • Find a regimen that works for you. Here's mine, Monday through Friday I avoid the "C"s... that being:

Candy

Crackers

Cakes

Chocolate

Cookies

Chips

Cereal

Pop Corn

Ice Cream

I do not log on the weekends though but please note, I am not trying to lose weight. If you are still trying to lose, then maybe leave yourself only 1 free day per week.

It's NOT easy!! I stress this all the time, but never ever forget - YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!

Thank you LilMissDiva for your encouragment and the time it took you to respond to my cry for help. It was so wholehearted. I haven't gotten on any support sites for about 6 months and stopped logging my food intake around the same time. I used fitnesspal when I did log.

Your encouragment has helped me get in the right frame of mind and I'm going to take my first step tomorrow by logging in my food intake. I agree that I need to do some kind of low carb diet to break my carb addition and give me the reset I need.

I still want to drop 20-30 pounds, any idea what my calorie intake should be? I don't excersise but I'm going to start doing something even if means just walking around the block with my 5 year old. I live in Florida so the weather is always good.

Thank you again for your help.

Logging everything has really helped me stay on track. Even when I eat something crapy, I write it down. It helps me stay conscious. If I don't write stuff down, the quality of my food declines as well. I probably only skip writing down what I eat a couple of times a month. I do eat less healthy foods some of the time, but I write it all down.

Thank you LilMissDiva for your encouragment and the time it took you to respond to my cry for help. It was so wholehearted. I haven't gotten on any support sites for about 6 months and stopped logging my food intake around the same time. I used fitnesspal when I did log.

Your encouragment has helped me get in the right frame of mind and I'm going to take my first step tomorrow by logging in my food intake. I agree that I need to do some kind of low carb diet to break my carb addition and give me the reset I need.

I still want to drop 20-30 pounds, any idea what my calorie intake should be? I don't excersise but I'm going to start doing something even if means just walking around the block with my 5 year old. I live in Florida so the weather is always good.

Thank you again for your help.

:) Great!!! I'm so glad I could help!! Send me a friend request there, I've actually grown to really love it there.

Since you're not working out as much I'd say 800-1,000 calories per day right now should be fine. Your body will let you know when your fitness level is ready for the next step. I always caution others to take it slow when beginning a workout routine. I find that when others start too far advanced they do risk injury as well as burnout. Burnout is the worst thing you can do because it will stop you from continuing on. Well I guess injury could do the same thing.

You're going to do great! Just keep mental toughness, you have to have that! *hugs*

I just wanted to share my personal experience , I did Diva's boot camp,and that is how break my 3 weeks stall :) So yeah if you stick with it,Works!!!! =) also exercise is way important :)

What is the "Kim" version of Lildiva's boot camp?

Can you give me an approximate menu of what you eat? I have a shellfish allergy. So it's just fish, turkey, eggs, etc.? All veggies or just green veggies? What about tomatoes, onions, peppers, etc.?

Would someone please post this 5 day boot camp diet? thanks!

Would someone please post this 5 day boot camp diet? thanks!

Never mind, I found it on another thread. Going to start it tomorrow. Do you still eat under 8 oz. per meal and just have three meals or Snacks too? Thanks.

I am really enjoying Kale right now, raw or cooked. I also chop brussels sprouts and put in Soup or pan fry. Sooo good and good for you! Lots of Omega3s.

Chopped brussels sprouts sound really good. What is kale? Do you eat it raw or cook it? What is the taste similiar to?

Thank you so much for that. I've been struggling for a long time now and have regained over 28lbs. I did start the 5 day pouch but was had problems with acid as I need something solid in my stomach even with my ppi. I will try your plan now as it looks more appropriate to me.

Helen

Chopped brussels sprouts sound really good. What is kale? Do you eat it raw or cook it? What is the taste similiar to?

Kale is a green leaf in the cabbage/broccoli/brussels sprouts family. It has a slightly leathery texture, with a mild flavor. I chop it up fine and eat it raw in a salad of blueberries, walnuts and white stilton cheese. I use a little flax oil and aminos or soysauce as a dressing(1/2 t of flax, and about the same of ginger-soy). I also use it in Soups, stir fry or however. Its very high in Omega3s.