Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When you are in your 5 day boot camp do you use any olive oil? Like to cook your veggies in?

Me personally I don't cook my veggies any way except steamed. But when I do cook with oils its always EVOO.

When I use oil I am using canola, flax or olive. As stated in other posts, I am shooting for more Omega 3s in my diet, and canola and flax have the most... olive, which I love the taste of, is neutral. I may do another post on this... I have started losing weight again at the speed I did about 5 months ago, getting more Omega 3 rich foods (often found in green veggies and walnuts) and oils. Its just been the last week and a half, so it may be something else, but thats when I started eating more omega 3 foods, and less omega 6 foods....

I'd love to read more about the oil differences. I tend to use local EVOO and a Canola with boosted Omega 3s. I don't cook with oil often - use it more for occasional meat cooking or for recipes. I am very curious about how Omega 3 effects the body. Diva - I've been doing your plan for the past 3 days and so far so good! Loving the greens. Eye - I'm curious how you cook with the flax, since it doesn't like heat that well. I've used it in smoothies, but not for cooking. Love to hear what ways you incorporate it. Thanks, ladies!

I'd love to read more about the oil differences. I tend to use local EVOO and a Canola with boosted Omega 3s. I don't cook with oil often - use it more for occasional meat cooking or for recipes. I am very curious about how Omega 3 effects the body. Diva - I've been doing your plan for the past 3 days and so far so good! Loving the greens. Eye - I'm curious how you cook with the flax, since it doesn't like heat that well. I've used it in smoothies, but not for cooking. Love to hear what ways you incorporate it. Thanks, ladies!

Hi Beach! Looks like you are doing fantastic! I use flax mostly towards the end product... ad to salad, or a 1/2 teaspoon in my Soup or even yogurt to finish. I cook with canola.

This is the story I found in Prevention and MSNBC about Omega3 and 6 studies:

http://www.msnbc.msn...s/#.TxxAP5hcqFU

There are also medical studies on this too...

This is the guy that has done some studies:

Dariush Mozaffarian, M.D., of the Harvard School of Public Health

I have been finding it much easier to lose weight sense following the advice on "spring fats and fall fats"

I am starting this tomorrow!

Let me know how it works for you... I hope i'm not just a fluke! I think this plan would probably be easier for people who are later in the process... I am eating lots of raw chopped kale salads, with lots of good things in them... but not for the faint of stomach.... avocado, blueberries, walnuts, stilton cheese(if you can find cheese from grass fed cows or sheep, it is higher in Omega 3s than corn or soy fed animals) , flax oil and liquid amino dressing (just a little splash is enough) I find I am really craving this stuff right now... and feeling great! I just got my labs done about a week into this diet change, so I will be interested in seeing if it changes my hdl/ldl ratios. There are Omega3 rich eggs out there, so i have one of those now and then, almond/flax seed butter at trader joes that is great with my chocolate chips, or on a piece of toast....ground flax on Cereal or in a Protein drink....

Whoohooo!!! I did see that, let me know how it goes! :)

Sorry Diva! I just realized I have totally hijacked your awesome thread! I'll start my own so I don't confuse things more than i already have......by the way your cute photo in your signature is SO cute... in the gray with the wide belt. ROCKIN it.

(embarrassed face....slinking away)

LOL FYE... No biggie. Perhaps you can start a thread for those who eat more vegetarian style eating. I do think it deserves its own thread, simply because there aren't enough of them. :) Hugs darlin' and aye... thank you for the awesome compliment!!!

Let me know where you place it so I can pin it for you.

Let me know how it works for you... I hope i'm not just a fluke! I think this plan would probably be easier for people who are later in the process... I am eating lots of raw chopped kale salads, with lots of good things in them... but not for the faint of stomach.... avocado, blueberries, walnuts, stilton cheese(if you can find cheese from grass fed cows or sheep, it is higher in Omega 3s than corn or soy fed animals) , flax oil and liquid amino dressing (just a little splash is enough) I find I am really craving this stuff right now... and feeling great! I just got my labs done about a week into this diet change, so I will be interested in seeing if it changes my hdl/ldl ratios. There are Omega3 rich eggs out there, so i have one of those now and then, almond/flax seed butter at trader joes that is great with my chocolate chips, or on a piece of toast....ground flax on Cereal or in a Protein drink....

All of this sounds good, I will have to go to Trader Joes! We also have a great place to shop called the "Whole Weatery" they have everything natural/healthy you could want. One of my Dr.s I went to when I was teenager,( I was going to her for weight loss) Her #1 rule was nothing man made. I did quite well on it, and of course once that stopped, the weight came back on.

Colors are usually higher in carbohydrates. It is only 5 days though, so I don't figure its much of a big deal.

Thanks. I'm gonna try and start tomorrow. Hopefully it will work as well for me as it did for the others. Of course alot of it has to do with will power and self control, of which I have trouble with both :)

Omg I was peeing all day! I think this is going to work.