Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

ok.... im back. I think i started this either Monday or Tuesday...and i cheated the first day ( bad moment of weakness!!) But have stayed true and kept to Protein Protein, Water water...and i am down 3 lbs!!!! So i can staying with this until goal lol. its not that hard, as i love protein. Now that im finally over the carb monster, i think , i mean i know i can do this. I also found a 5 calorie iced tea mix that i LOVE LOVE LOVE. Even ordered 8 boxes online. Think that is helping lots too. So just wanted to check and say thank you to Irene!! Im motivated again and on fire. Hopefully this fire keeps burning and i keep losing! Thanks again Diva!!

Good luck to everyone!

Yayyyy!!!! EXCELLENT NEWS!!!! You got this!!! Xoxo

I cut the carb craving enough to get back to a realistic level of carbs and not the "Party like there is no tomorrow and I want MORE chocolate" levels. Moderation! Who would have thunk?!

I'm sorry, I'm just not following this statement. Is there really a woman (or man) that can avoid wanting/eating MORE chocolate? :blush5:

I'm sorry, I'm just not following this statement. Is there really a woman (or man) that can avoid wanting/eating MORE chocolate? :blush5:

Hahaha! I love my chocolate too, I was just getting into an over the top consumption habit..probably caused by sugar more than chocolate... I still eat it every day... just happy again with a T of chocolate chips (with a T of almond/flax seed butter) and a chocolate Protein bar as my fix. Chocolate is almost the only thing that can give me reflux... I can tell when I am eating too much... Keeping it at my 1T or so a day has been OK'd by my tummy.

feedyoureye: what is Kim diet? You have done really good in your weight loss also. Thanks

feedyoureye: what is Kim diet? You have done really good in your weight loss also. Thanks

Honestly, its just Protein first, write everything down, stay around 1200 cals and eat a lot of veggies and some fresh fruit. I keep my carbs under 100. Im a vegetarian, so its pretty hard to keep the carbs much lower day after day. When being more "strict" I try and keep the carbs below my Protein numbers. I am also working on getting more Omega 3s (and less omega6s)in my diet by eating kale, flax, walnuts, canola oil, spinach, and other leafy veggies. "Spring fats"

http://www.prevention.com/food/smart-shopping/vanishing-youth-nutrient?page=2

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/138981.php

How many calories daily do you consume while you're doing the 5 day boot camp?

I would usually get around 800-1000 a day.

Feedyoureye what are your favorite Protein sources as a vegetarian?

greek yogurt, cottage cheese, seitan (gluten/wheat Protein products) tofu and soy products like TVP, nuts and nut butters... mostly almond butter and walnuts, flax, Beans, hummus, cheese, I also eat some eggs ( I get the ones high in omega3s) 4everfit Protein drinks (lacto vegetarian) balance bars....I make my own Tofurky style roast from scratch, buy morning star farms products, bean, pea or lentil Soups.....tempeh.....soy nuts.....

When you talk about "greens" are there any specifically that you enjoy? I'm assuming you mean power greens like kale, spinach, arugula, etc. Are there any other veggies that you allow yourself?

Yes all of those but I do also like broccoli a lot and aspargus... :) Bok Choi is a good one too.

I am really enjoying Kale right now, raw or cooked. I also chop brussels sprouts and put in Soup or pan fry. Sooo good and good for you! Lots of Omega3s.