Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Gastric Sleeve Surgery Tomorrow At 10 Am!

grrr.. im mad... i just wrote out this whole story and then accidently turned of my internet and it deleted the whole thing.....

ok take two.. so i am deathly afraid of needles so im getting a little nervous about the surgery.. even tho i should be used to it by now since ive had 4 knee surgeries.. lol but anyways.. im going in tomorrow at 8:15 am and then my surgery is at 10 am.. im excited to get my journey underway... but i have been hearing people talk about having a drainage tube... i was wondering what it is and how long its gonna be there.. cuz im very quezy if i see blood.. any ways.. i have kaiser and no one has mentioned anything like this so im wondering is it something that everybody gets? some one please explain!

congrats! dont worry about the needles! they sound scarier than they really are! as far as the drain, not all surgeons use drains but i think its more of fluids rather than blood. youtube or google it.

Don't get worked up over the drainage tube. I think it's a preference thing for the surgeon. Mine does give you one and I had it for 8 days. No blood, just some Fluid that was easy to drain and did NOT smell bad.

As for needles, getting my iv started wasn't tough for the surgery. Just look the other way and take a few deep breaths. It will be over in a minute. :)

Good luck!! :)

I am getting my surgery at 8:30am tomorrow!! Good Luck with yours!

thank you for your responses.. hopefully i don't have to get the tube. just sounds kinda gross.. lol.. and skinny good luck on your surgery as well.. lemme know how you do.

grrr.. im mad... i just wrote out this whole story and then accidently turned of my internet and it deleted the whole thing.....

ok take two.. so i am deathly afraid of needles so im getting a little nervous about the surgery.. even tho i should be used to it by now since ive had 4 knee surgeries.. lol but anyways.. im going in tomorrow at 8:15 am and then my surgery is at 10 am.. im excited to get my journey underway... but i have been hearing people talk about having a drainage tube... i was wondering what it is and how long its gonna be there.. cuz im very quezy if i see blood.. any ways.. i have kaiser and no one has mentioned anything like this so im wondering is it something that everybody gets? some one please explain!

I'm getting sleeved in the morning at 10:45! Please don't get yourself worked up over the IV and needles. It only takes a min and shouldn't be a bother. I had a drainage tube for a previous surgery and it really wasn't a big deal. You will be just fine and good luck tomorrow!

My surgery is Wednesday at 10:00AM.. My nerves are starting to creep out also.. We are going to be fine !! I will be thinking about you and will be checking back to see how well you've done.. This is just a small chapter in our success story!

My surgery is tomorrow also. Very nervous tho.

GOOD LUCK TO YOU SLEEVERS TOMORROW!!! ill be speaking to you all very soon!

im getting sleeved on dec 20th :)

Good luck to you all!

Congratulations and good luck!!

Congrats and wishing you a speedy recovery.

hey all just had my sleeve done last tues 12-6. That day was a blur, i remember getting my iv, taking a small pill, meeting the anesthelogist and then out, next thing is i am waking up in my room with my family. It wasn't a bad deal at all! No drain and spent one night in the hospital. All is well after one week!

Been walking and drinking and haven't eaten a thing for one whole week wow! thats a weird one.

The surgery and hospital all were a very positive experience!

Good luck to you all

im glad u had such a great experience! im 7 days away from being sleeved! youre in my prayers!

hey all just had my sleeve done last tues 12-6. That day was a blur, i remember getting my iv, taking a small pill, meeting the anesthelogist and then out, next thing is i am waking up in my room with my family. It wasn't a bad deal at all! No drain and spent one night in the hospital. All is well after one week!

Been walking and drinking and haven't eaten a thing for one whole week wow! thats a weird one.

The surgery and hospital all were a very positive experience!

Good luck to you all