Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4-5 Days Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery And Already Down 16 Pounds.

I am very happy to see the weightloss but it seems a bit quick , NO?! can some of you post your weightloss during your first month or so I can compare?

I started out at 268

weighed 265 after pre op diet

weighed 268 after discharge

now 252.6 now 4/5 days later

16 pounds in 5 days is way to quick. I started at 235, at two week I was at 218 and at four week at 205 and that was considered fast but manageable by the doctor. I was starting back to gym at week three and the rapid loss of 20 pounds really fatigued me during workout.

If you are not feeling tired great but you may not be getting in enough calories. Do make sure to get in your 50-70 grams of Protein. The fast weight loss will take away Protein and hurt your muscles. Rapid loss is not necessarily good loss.

I am on day 5/6 and have lost a total of twenty! I think it is kind of fast too but I'm not going to complain about it. I'm starting to get in more Water and I feel better each day.

Congrats!

Well here is the thing... my MD said for the first week until I see him... I can only drink the Clear liquids,jello, and broth. No Protein drinks arent on the list until stage 2.

I thought it was weird too as i'm doing pretty good.. but Honestly I feel great, Im not tired, not dizzy, nothing.... yesterday was the first day I got in a good amount of liquids.. not clearly enough but way better then before..

I'm lucky in that my surgeon has me on full liquids until the two week mark when I can start soft foods. Let me tell you I can't wait!

I'm lucky in that my surgeon has me on full liquids until the two week mark when I can start soft foods. Let me tell you I can't wait!

Man I am jealous...lol Im not going to lie.. I was having some serious Head hunger issues that I took a piece of my husbands chicken yesterday chewed it up savored the taste then spit it out and washed my mouth out....

let me tell you I was sooo embarrassed for myself even if no one knew.. BUT after that i ate some broth and finally had my first FULL feeling. It took me a couple days to understand what it was I was feeling.

Is it possible that a different scale would give you a different weight? I know I don't weigh the same on every scale I step on. Unless, ofcourse all those numbers come from the same scale.

Day of surgery 11/28/2011 - 227lbs

One week Post Op - 215lbs

Today - 212.8 lbs

Im not stepping back on the scale until my next appt on the 20th... I haven't been able to get much Protein if any down but I know it will get better.

Is it possible that a different scale would give you a different weight? I know I don't weigh the same on every scale I step on. Unless, ofcourse all those numbers come from the same scale.

Its been one scale I have used so far.. and I have my husband and 8 yr old son step on it daily with me to make sure its calibrated..

Man I am jealous...lol Im not going to lie.. I was having some serious Head hunger issues that I took a piece of my husbands chicken yesterday chewed it up savored the taste then spit it out and washed my mouth out....

let me tell you I was sooo embarrassed for myself even if no one knew.. BUT after that i ate some broth and finally had my first FULL feeling. It took me a couple days to understand what it was I was feeling.

Don't be embarrassed by that!! My cousin had RNY the same day I had my VSG and she and I have both chewed some things and spit them out. Fighting head hunger is really hard. I wouldn't do it 10x a day, but honestly once that little flavor hits my tongue I couldn't care about it anymore and I'm done with it. I'm also switching to a Calcium chew which will probably help as well.