Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Days Out Of Gastric Sleeve Surgery And I Would Kill For A Brownie, A Steak, Some Pasta...

I'm DYING!! I am soooo looking forward to monday so I can have yogurt, Soup, etc. I am at the point to where I just want to chew some food and spit it out just so I can have the flavor and texture in my mouth!! GOD HELP ME!!doh.gif

Ice cubes will satisfy your need to chew and give you some extra Water.< /p>

I felt the same way after getting home from the hospital. Hang in there...it'll pass :)

I COMPLETELY understand!! :) I was sleeved on Tuesday and I continue to experience hunger as if nothing was done to my stomach. To make matters worse, the smells/thoughts of Protein poweder, Jello, & broth make my stomach want to flipack2.gif Only a few more days......I've never been SO excited to have cream Soups and yogurt before (LOL).

You must feel great. The "guys" have been eating in front of me since Tuesday and nothing. I crave a LARGE, cold glass of Water that I do not have to sip, sip, sip.

The head hunger is hard. Last night I was craving garlic bread. I was rationilizing how I could soak it and make it able to be eaten. This from the person who can't drink more than 2 ounces of liquid.

This is perfectly normal and will go away. As soon as I started on food all my cravings went away. I can fix dinner for my husband and have no problem what ever it is. Even when you get to food you can have so little and feel satisfied that it is OK. At first with food for about a week it seemed I was always hungrey. So I would eat maybe 5 times a day, just a spoonful each time of maybe tuna and cottage cheese. I am 2 mos. out now and a lot of times I will just have my 2-3 spoonfuls of what ever I am fixing for dinner. You do have to watch the Protein once you start eating. You will still need to supliment with shakes. If you measure a couple times what you are actually eating, it is not that much, so watch that. Every am I fill my pitcher with 64oz of Water and know that I have to drink that during the day. Aseveryone says, hang in, it does get better.

I don't remember craving anything when I was first post-op, which may mean that my brain has wiped those memories. :) I do remember dreading how much Water I had to try to drink because I couldn't find anything I liked to flavor the Water with, and plain water doesn't have much taste. Now I use Mio drops in my water because I can put a tiny bit in there rather than having it super sweet.

I watched a ton of food Network in the early days, but now I just check out the couple of shows I like and stay away from it otherwise. Most of the food didn't really appeal to me, and I love to watch Guy Fieri, because he and I do NOT have the same tastes in food! I can watch him and not be tempted, which is good.

If you aren't already on an acid reducer, make sure you add one to your routine. I didn't think I needed one, but once my doc replaced my Calcium with Tums, I discovered that I wasn't hungry either. The head hunger takes a little longer, and completely goes away (for me) once you are on mushies and then solid foods again. I think it went away for me because I refuse to tell myself that I can't have what I want, but I concentrate on getting my Protein in first.

Good luck on your journeys!! This is the hardest part, but it's also where the fastest weight loss happens for most of us. :)

Oooooohhh me too! I just hit day 14...yea puree! I want everything I see. If a burger commercial is on...it's all I could ever want in life. I even crave veggies....what I wouldn't give for a salad right now! I know I could only handle a bite and I would be good!

I know someone that had gastric bypass and she used to chew it up and spit it out! It was the only way she made it through...I'm not advising this because....well....I'm not a doctor...just sharing!

Something about chewing up a food and spitting it out just strikes me as wrong! LOL Someone here posted a thread about developing an eating disorder after surgery and mentioned the chew/spit cycle as well.

I'm really worried about crossover addictions and my mental attachment to food, so chew/spit doesn't sound like something I'd want to get into doing. Also, I had this surgery so I could live a more normal life. Normal people eat what they want, but they have the ability to stop when they are satisfied. That is what/how I want to relate to food.

For me, I think it would be unwise to get into the habit of chewing and spitting out my food. I am working to retrain my appetite to want what my body needs.

I only did the "chew & spit" once and felt really guilty about it. :)

I didn't crave 'bad' foods during my first few months of purees/mushies, I craved salads, veggies and fresh fruits. Hang in there, it seems like it's going to be forever but you'll be surprised how quickly the time passes and you'll be eating "normal" again.

what about sugar free popcicles? you could chew them up?

sugar free Popsicles have been an awesome go to for me even now. Any time I want something for a snack I can reach for those and have no ill effects at all.

I am 19 days post op and can truly relate. I am craving everything over here and then some. I am on still on liquids, yogurt ,pudding Soups and applesauce. I can't have mu shies until day 21. I am having a hard time.

I just had my surgery on thursday and I am starving!!! I was told that the hunger enzyme grelin or whatever it is is removed or lessened during surgery, I dont know but everything I see I wanna eat, I am strictly on Clear Liquids boo nonod.gif