Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Has Anyone Cheated On The Week Or 2 Week Pre Gastric Sleeve Op Diet?

I have been on the liquid diet for like 4 days. Of course it feels like forever ago. I was fortunate to only have to do the liquid diet for one week before surgery. So, surgery is on Friday and it feels like a long way away. I have had many thoughts of cheating. Like just a piece of chicken something of substance. I am hating the Protein Shakes I cannot seem to find one that I like. I have tried to mix with everything and even tried the Isopure drinks. I am so weak and I know I am not getting enough Protein and all I can think about is wanting something of substance to eat. Has anyone cheated on the pre op diet? And if so what happened?

I did, i was supposed to do a two week diet, with Protein Shakes, 2 bars, and only carrots, celery, lettuce and calorie free dressing. The first week i was just like you, i needed something of substance, so i put 2 tablespoons of grilled chicken breast in my salad with calorie free dressing. I've been good this second week though, but its been so hard. I did lose 4 lbs already, so im happy about that. Good luck, it will get easier!

It really is best to follow your doctor's orders on the pre-op. However, if you really are hungry, feeling weak and feel like you must have something, I would recommend calling your doctor or nutritionist. He/she will usually be able to offer you some advice on what you may have that will better satisfy you, while not putting you at any risk for your upcoming surgery.

I did fall off the preop diet wagon yesterday. I had worked a 12-hour night shift from hell. I didn't get to eat half of what I needed to. I had to get my preop lab work done after work, which was a 45 minute drive each way. By the time I got home I was starving an just too exhausted to fix anything. I ate a bowl of my husband's chili. Hopefully, I didn't make too big of a divot in my diet plan. I learned a valuable lesson in taking the time to eat. I guess I need to pack more food I can eat on the fly while I'm working.

HD

Well my Dr has my pre op- diet consisting of liquids during the day and at dinner I can have up to 3 oz of lean meat and salad with very very little dressing if any at all. this has been going on for 2 weeks. Tomorrow is my surgery date so i ate the meat this morning and will do liquids the rest of the day........

Dont beat yourself up over it. :-)

Yepembaressed_smile.gif only because on the 9th day of pre-op they told me the hospital was not covered and I got emotional. Buttttttt I got back on track.

Even though my pre-op is 3 shakes and a light dinner, my doctor told me that if I was too hungry I could eat some low fat cheese. So I would ask your doctor and see what he says.

My preop diet was 10 days, and I could only have Slim Fast shakes and carnation instant Breakfast. I cried twice. I HATE SLIM FAST and carnation instant breakfast. I can not go near the stuff anymore, I have a major taste aversion. It was my birthday mid preop diet and I went out with friends and had 2 beers and buffalo wings! (bad idea yes, but I am being honest) other than that I followed the rules!

I'm in the second week of my pre-op diet, but on day 7 I ate a huge pork burrito. I hadn't eaten or drank the majority of the day. I mean, if I was gonna cheat, I was gonna do it big. Luckily, this week is the most part of my diet and I've been an angel.

hi babigirl111001_smile.gifDOS 12/9/11 - surgery on Friday - WOW i'm envious - yeah, yeah, yeah, i recognize you cuz you started December Sleeves - pretty great are you!! (don't worry i'm not stalking you!!!) LOLOLOL

I know you had gained 8 lbs-now losing 4 lbs is great.

cheated.gif I also have gained weight.(10 lbs) sob sob sob my WLS is 12/15/11 - i was bumped from 12/6 cuz the dr. wanted to change hospital's due to some cardiac problems he all of a sudden discovered. he said all would be fine, just would rather go to a hospital that was better equipped.

Anyways, here's to "all of us" to doing great on our journey. cheers2.gif

So, whatever we "gained" in weight, we'll "gain" in experience.

Can't wait to hear about your story, i'm sure you will do terrific, i'll be thinking of you - my turn one week from thursday 12/15/11 - can't wait. kathy

hi babigirl111001_smile.gifDOS 12/9/11 - surgery on Friday - WOW i'm envious - yeah, yeah, yeah, i recognize you cuz you started December Sleeves - pretty great are you!! (don't worry i'm not stalking you!!!) LOLOLOL

I know you had gained 8 lbs-now losing 4 lbs is great.

cheated.gif I also have gained weight.(10 lbs) sob sob sob my WLS is 12/15/11 - i was bumped from 12/6 cuz the dr. wanted to change hospital's due to some cardiac problems he all of a sudden discovered. he said all would be fine, just would rather go to a hospital that was better equipped.

Anyways, here's to "all of us" to doing great on our journey. cheers2.gif

So, whatever we "gained" in weight, we'll "gain" in experience.

Can't wait to hear about your story, i'm sure you will do terrific, i'll be thinking of you - my turn one week from thursday 12/15/11 - can't wait. kathy

Aww, thanks! I've been waiting since October 19th for this surgery to be here, and i cant believe its in 3 days! Dont worry, the 15th will be here before you know it! So I think we weigh less in the morning, cuz when i weighed myself this morning i've now lost 5.8 lbs, almost all the weight i gained. Unfortunately i went on an eating binge after i got my surgery date, and had way too many food funerals. I think it made it harder for me on the pre-op diet too, but live and learn!

I will definitely be posting my story (probably from the hospital), and updates on how i'm doing, you all have helped me through this waiting and i've made so many friends on here, i hope everyone else does the same too!

I am so happy for us all to have a great start to a new year. Yippee!

I have cheated......I boil eggs and ate them the first night of my liquid diet. That carnation instant breakfast is the devil.....I'm so done with that mess

I started my 10 day liquid diet Saturday. Haven't cheated, the first day wasn't so bad but the 2nd day way a little tough... Was hungry, pretty much all day but I was out most of the day and didn't have access to the things that I needed. These last couple days have been fine. I have been drinking EAS AdvantEDGE carb control Protein Drinks. The chocolate Fudge is awesome. I have had all of the flavors but the Chocolate fudge is the best(when they are cold) I am looking at the big picture and that is what has helped me, so far. My surgery is the 13th. So excited and nervous. Good luck and prayers to everyone. <3

lol I had pickup stix (Chinese) twice omg i was so scared when my last 3 days came! I literally went to Trader Joes grabbed a lot of low calorie food and worked my butt off and lost the last 7lbs needed. Now that Im thinking back i shouldnt have jeopardized myself like that but FOOD is a temptation and with the sleeve you will learn to have it under control!

My pre-op was 1100 calories 1 week before and Clear Liquids 48hrs before. My surgeon told me all I really have to do is the clear liquidsd 24hrs before and nothing after midnight. Had surgey on Monday Dec 5, everything went PERFECT!