Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Stomach Gurgling Post Gastric Sleeve Operation ?

Is this something that will go away eventually. Since surgery my stomach is gurgling non stop. I think it is mad at me for doing this surgery!

Laura

Hi Laura, I had surgery the same day as you...and yes.....my stomach gurgles alot. So I'm assuming this is part of the healing process.

Keep us updated on how you are doing. I'm feeling great.....just a little tired.

Mine gurgled a lot at first too. My friends and family used to think it was funny, that it was fussing at me. After about three months, it did quit though.

Britgal-

Are you having trouble with diarrhea? What kind of diet are you doing and how much are you getting in, in a day?

Laura

@Lauraann

Hi there, i also had surgery on Monday the 28th and my stomach only does that when i drink something, other then that, its content... it must be mad LOL

Also i have had no diarrhea at all, i had one bowel movement and it was ok. Im on a full liquid diet - im currently drinking Water, crystal light, sugar free pudding, low fat Soup strainned, Naked juice Protein. Its been good, dont feel hungry. I do drink water all day so im not sure how much im getting in but its enough, i feel great... Went shopping on Friday drove and everything...

I think a lot of sleevers experience this after sugery. Are any of you on a prescription strength PPI? This really helped me although my stomach did not just gurgle but screamed loudly enough to be embarassing. Really one mad tummy after surgery.

Hope you recover quickly. I love my sleeve, no regrets.

I was going to ask about the PPI also. I've noticed, if I take my PPI and then wait about 30-45 mins before I eat, the gurgling isn't nearly as bad/loud. It can get really lound can't it?? lol

Is this something that will go away eventually. Since surgery my stomach is gurgling non stop. I think it is mad at me for doing this surgery! Laura

Umm... It is different for everyone but I had my surgery on 6/6/11 and my tummy still does it. Now it is much louder!! It really freaks people out. My DH constantly ask if I am hungry. Sigh. it is what it is.