Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Almost 11 Months Out From Gastric Sleeve Surgery

Hi All,

I know I have been out of pocket for a little while. I needed to get away for a few months and refocus myself on why I did the surgery. I was becoming a very bitter person by comparing myself to others. Along the way on this weightloss journey become more about vanity and less about health. And that is so not me. I must say, I fall in love with myself a little more each day. I am embracing my newly found curves. Coming to an understaning with my stretch marks, and learning to love how much I can eat.

I am almost 11 months out and as I read back over my old post, I can't help but to smile. How scared I was about never reaching ONEderland. My mourning over food. My worries that my husband would leave me if I got too small. And my fear about eating around others. Somethings that I have can now report on:

1- My goal was to get to 199 by Thanksgiving (I know I am a slow loser and paced my goals as such). I am happy to report I am 194.

2. I can eat a lot more around people. I don't know how my tummy knows, but I just can.

3. Food and calories are not the enemy. I honesty lose more when I anm not counting every calorie my mouth or keeping myself from slices of heaven. Its all about balance.

3. Still don't LOVE working out, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

4. I still don't take my Vitamins like I should (I am working on this). I take them 3-4 times a week and its mainly a multi (a good multi)

5. Carbs are not a sin. There are some good ones.

6. shakes are still NOT my friend. Every now and then in a pinch I will have one and I struggle to get them down every time.

7. My goal weight is just a number. I am actually looking to even out in about 20 more pounds. I am moving past the number and embracing how I feel.

8. Inches lost are just as important as weightloss.

9. But inches lost in the waist (pants size) don't correlate with weight. (I am a size 16 still after almost 90 pounds of fat being gone).

10. I still have a very hard time going to the bathroom (TMI?). I don't know what it is. I know if I went more, my weightloss would be better. But its a plus if I can go twice a week.

Well that's it for me. I would love to hear from you all who have been with me for almost a year now. I am still hoping to reach my goal of 100 pounds lost by 1 year out. Its a goal, not the end all be all. Love ya lots!

How wonderful you have done. Don't feel badly about not being on here, I really think we all get to that point someway or another. Your bathroom moments sound just like mine. 2xper week and i'm happy. . . no prune juice or anything here please. . it's the way my body likes it. . . You have done so well this past 11 months! Keep up the fabulous job and keep on lovin yourself! Glad your back on the forum!

I found that I can live with my wrinkly thighs and stomach. I love that my craving for sweet things is gone and I can indulge in shrimp and beef to my heart's content because I can only eat about six bites until I am full. I struggle to get in all the Water, I never liked it before surgery and I'm not crazy about it now. I also spend less time in the bathroom (2 or 3 times a week) because the volume of food is so much less than the massive quantities I used to shovel in.

Keep at it until you are happy with where you are--and thanks for updating us on your progress.

Thanks for checking in, its nice to hear how others are doing after so many months, and congrats on your loss. I know, the bathroom is still a chalange. I find drinking a little Water first thing in the AM helps...