Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Gastric Sleeve Loves... My Gastric Sleeve Hates...

hi all - i'm pre-op wls12/15/11 - i'm afraid to ask what happens if you find a food that the sleeve hates?

do you puke, or just feel miserable, sick to your stomach, uncomfortable etc.

thanx - can't wait to be sleeved - 12/15/11 - so close yet so far away

kathy

If my sleeve doesn't like something I know it because I instantly feel nauseous and need to just sit still for awhile until it digests. With the carbonation, the immediate feel I had in my sleeve was quite unpleasant, it didn't leave me nauseous but I could feel it bubbling and it was just disgusting.

My sleeve loves skim milk---my sleeve HATES Protein Shakes.

My sleeve loves ground turkey----my sleeve hates ground beef.

My sleeve loves all kinds of nuts----my sleeve hates Pork rinds.

My sleeve loves pepperjack cheese---my sleeve hates any other kind of cold cheese.

My sleeve loves bacon---my sleeve hates eggs.< /p>

My sleeve loves: hamburger, steak, sunflower seeds (from three weeks out these have become my addiction), shrimp, salad, crackers (especially gold fish crackers which I now no longer buy), Soup, cheese, rice, sugar free koolaid, fish, chili, fat free fudgesicles, eggs, sugar free Jello, sugar free pudding...

My sleeve tolerates everything else but the above are my go to's

My sleeve loves loves loves tuna in water\with salad. That is my #1 meal.

It's liking caramel popcorn.< /p>

It hates - candy\dense sweets\yogurt\anything that will settle into my stomach before passing through.

2nd Love - Exercise and me biggrin5.gif

Oooh this is fun!

My sleeve loves chicken but hates hamburger.

My sleeve loves Jay Robb Protein shakes but hates lactose.

My sleeve loves scallops but hates shrimp. (Pre-sleeve I was opposite)

My sleeve hates bread but can tolerate tortillas.

my sleeve loves just about everything.

my sleeve hates plain Water. (nauseous)

my sleeve doesn't enjoy most ice cream (except skinny cow bars!)

My sleeve loves ice cold Water, popcorn, popsicles, korean bbq meat, peanutbutter, apples

My sleeve hates any dairy products at all, sweets (makes me gassy but I still partake!), lukewarm anything, some of my daily meds.

Living the dream,

Laura

My sleeve loves 1 egg omelets with ham, cheese and mushrooms.

My sleeve hates BBQ brisket. (it's almost of unheard of in Texas not to eat brisket).

I knew I liked you! Texas girl here, too (originally, now "exiled" one state to the east!). My sleeve hates brisket, too, and my brother-in-law runs a BBQ restaurant!!! Aack! Well, at least my sleeve really loves smoked turkey, and he does a mean smoked turkey breast.

So, my sleeve loves Beans, nuts, and dairy. My sleeve hates eggs and grilled chicken (and brisket).

He also loves shrimp and hates tuna. Go figure. Silly sleeve!!

3 wks out and so far my sleeve loves tuna and hates applesauce.

My sleeve HATES Protein shakes. She lets me know it as soon as I open the container with the powder.

My sleeve HATES broccoli. Sad thing because I LOVE broccoli.

My sleeve caught a serious attitude when I tried to give her some salad recently. She's so mean!

My sleeve is high maintenance - She let me eat an entire lobster tail for my birthday, and never b*****s when I give her shrimp or any kind of seafood for that matter. She loves sushi - I thought my grocery bill would go down a little since I wouldn't be eating as much food as I used to, but Ms. Sleeve is definitely keeping my food bill up there with her expensive taste. smh

Oh, and she makes me peel grapes for her before I eat them. If my sleeve were a person, she'd probably be like the chick from "the Devil Wears Prada". smh

My sleeve loves everything her full-size counterpart liked.

My sleeve hates only the same things her full-size counterpart hated.

I can eat anything and I never lost my hunger -- but I am still successful...because sleeves rock.

So funny how it is SO different for everyone! I don't really struggle with much (unfortunately) with the exception of taking that one bite too much of anything- then I suffer :-(

Sleevie LOVES candy, chips, popcorn, donuts aka slider foods...I can eat these with NO problems.

The only thing sleevie DOES NOT LIKE IS WHITE bread, like dinner rolls. I had one roll during Thanksgiving time and it seemed ok but then I tried eating some bread before dinner the other night (at Coco's) and OUCH! I felt so sick the rest of the night. I could literally feel it sitting in sleevie and causes pain. No more rolls for me sad.png