Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

150 Today! - Gallbladder Issues

:Banane59:

Today I officially hit 150!!! 150.4 actually - never in my wildest dreams did I think I would succeed at this surgery! Praise be to God!

:nonod: On another note - I had an ultrasound today that confirms what I already suspected - I have gallstones. Several large ones in my gallbladder and a couple lodged in a bile duct leading to the liver. I have a surgical consult scheduled for Monday - my DR wants me to get it removed asap - My AST/ALT levels are sky high 330 and 570 - my bilirubin levels are high - all points to gallbladder. And the darn pain is unbelieveable! OMG these gotta go!

I knew going into this surgery that GB attacks and stones was pretty common in VSG and weightloss patients - of course I never considered it could happen to me - but I will take the good (150) with the bad! God does not give you more than you can handle! And I wonder what the gallbladder weights??? Perhaps I will dip into the 140's by having it removed - lol

It is hard to believe that I have gone from 239.8 last year at this time

gallery_4372_601_45667.jpg

To 150.4 today - don't mind the shirt it's an ongoing joke with some friends!

gallery_4372_618_27602.jpeg

Congrats!!! You look amazing....I am so close to losing 100 lbs since surgery and I feel absolutely amazing!!! But just like you I am suspecting gallbladder issues...after I eat I have been getting pains in my side. Not excruciating like you are describing but definitely uncomfortable. I go Tuesday for my ultrasound I knew that it could happen but I didn't realize at only 4 months out I would be having this problem =(

you look amazing!!!! Thanks for the post, very inspiring~

Sorry to hear about your gall bladder :-(

Hi Kimmies;

You look simply amazing...love the smile. Remember your start of this journey and liked watching your progress. Congratulations!

Yeah, about 33% of WLS patients have to have thier galbladder removed at some point. Small price to pay for such incredible results. Keep smiling. Wow!

Girl 140's are around the corner, maybe tomorrow YAYYYYY! I'm so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's a good thing you are taking care of the gallbladder issue. My hubby suffered with attacks for years and finally had his removed as well.

We are in the same boat! I had my gallbladder removed on Tuesday after an attack of pancreatitis due to a gallstone in the pancreatic duct, and wow was that painful. My surgeon also wanted my gallbladder out ASAP so it was done six days after the attack. I had a lap cholesystectomy so now I have nine scars on my tummy, four from the gallbladder and five from the gastrectomy. I am still walking bent over a bit as the incisions hurt but each day is a little better. I was pumped with more than 3 liters of Fluid during the hospital stay so I was up every 90 minutes the first night peeing. I haven't gotten on the scale yet but since I haven't eaten much since Nov. 30th I expect to be down 3 or 4 lbs. I rescheduled my facelift for 1/4/12 after realizing there was no way I could travel the day after gallbladder surgery!

Good luck and I'll be hoping you have an easy recovery! And you look fabulous!

Congrats!! You look Awesome!!!

I had my gall bladder out with my sleeve surgery as I had , had attacks before and really did not want surgery again.

Good luck !! It will go well..

Julie

You look wonderful. Hopefully your experience with gallbladder surgery is like mine (and many others). It is a breeze, as far as surgeries go and I have had breast reduction, open hysterectomy and now VSG. Congratulations on your weight loss.

@ Foxbins- Like you I had one VERY painful attack and had to have the surgery a few days after. That was after a loss of 50 pounds on Weight Watchers. Glad to hear you are feeling better every day.

KImmes,

Congrats on the 150 marker... bloody brilliant! Well done you, and boy, you look amazing too... your face says it all! And your hair! My God, what I would give for a head of hair like yours... it looks so thick and shiny!

Good luck with the gallstone surgery... here's hoping it will be a smooth op and a smoother recovery...x

Coops - You just made me laugh out loud - my deceiving hair! My hair is thin and fine - products make it look thick - I always get comments about how great my hair looks - hahaha. I use the "Instyler" hair tool for curling and volume. I use Rusk W8less Hairspray (I swear by this product)!

I lost quite a bit of hair early on - that drove me crazy - but most has come back now and it think it may be a bit thicker than before surgery, which is great because I always have had fine hair. My hair stylist has been with me for 20+ years and is brilliant! She always makes me walk out of her salon with a smile on my face - and who knows what color of hair! Right now I am toffee brown - but next week i have an appointment with her and we are changing it up!

Thank you for the compliments - I have to show that to my stylist because she will love to read that! :)

Kim