Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Size Goal! Post Gastric Sleeve Surgery Almost 14 Months

Guess who just bought her first pair of size 6 jeans? THIS GIRL! I'm so excited! I went to Marshalls last night to find some shoes but I had to try on at least 16 outfits first and a few bras (more on that later). I was specifically looking for a pair of skinny jeans so I could wear my boots with them. I grabbed 1 pair of 6s and 4 pairs of 8s. One pair of the 6s from the Limited was so tight but dangit I sucked in and buttoned those suckers. The 8s were all too big except for one pair so I tried them on again. They fit everywhere but had a little stretch to them. I was thinking maybe they were a 9-10 and I was going to see if I could find the same cut in a smaller size but NOPE upon reading the tag in the pants, instead of the little plastic piece on the hanger I find they are a 6! ME? A 6! Hells yeah! This is the size I always said I didn't want to be. You know...that crap that spills out of your mouth when you deny wanting to be skinny? "I'm going trying all the deserts. I never wanted to be a size 6 anyway!" Size 6 was me saying that the person was probably anorexic and way too thin. It was a word to describe a size I couldn't ever fathom myself being. Here I am though!

I'm at 158.6lbs down from 282 (highest) or 271 (surgery weight). I'm 3.6 lbs from being "normal" and 8.6 lbs from goal weight. I'm so excited! I'm now looking for plastics. #1 Tummy Tuck panni removal #2 Boob job! Speaking of boobs...had to find a new bra last night. Preop bra was 44/42 E/F depending on bra and now I'm 36 C/D depending on bra again. The thing is, there's no filler just skin. I could fill in for National Geographic photos for real. I need to find a bra with a little push up at the bottom but still doesn't have me spilling/puckering out the top or sides.

Getting my hair dyed on Saturday and going to an "ugly christmas sweater" part that night. I'll be sure to post lots of pics as my avatar was 16lbs heavier than I am now.

BTW got out of Marshalls with 1 bra, 2 sweaters, a pair of jeans, 2 sexy undies (you're welcome hubby), and a godiva dark chocolate bar for under 70 bucks. SCREW YOU LANE BRYANT! ;)

OMG Congratulations. I actually teared up for you.

BTW got out of Marshalls with 1 bra, 2 sweaters, a pair of jeans, 2 sexy undies (you're welcome hubby), and a godiva dark chocolate bar for under 70 bucks. SCREW YOU LANE BRYANT! :wink1:

That Last sentence is EXACTLY how I feel and what I am excited about. Actually having options of where to shop where I can get good deals for not having to buy YARDS of fabric to fit me. I am still meeting requirements so I have a journey ahead, but I KNOW this feeling.

Yeee Hawww!!! Since you're Southern like me you'll know what that means! :) I'm thrilled for you and I agree that LB's prices are out of this world! 68 bucks for a freaking shirt! You did great!!

Oh, and enjoy that chocolate bar! :)

OH YOU!!!

This is bloody fantastic news SS... I am soooo happy for you! And yes, get some recent pics on here! Can't wait to see them as in your previous ones you looked amazing... Congrats on those size 6 skinnys...x

Whoop whoop! Isn't it awesome? I get all these "fattie" catalogs in the mail and sometimes forget that I CANT WEAR ANYTHING IN THEM ANYMORE! Awesome!

Yep, now TJ MAXX is my best friend! You go, girl! My size 8 skirts (one six!) are simply divine!!!!!

You know...that crap that spills out of your mouth when you deny wanting to be skinny?

Amen!!!

Okay you've really kicked some serious butt here. CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm seriously sooo happy for you!! It's been so amazing and a pleasure watching your transformation. And now you are but a few pounds away from your ultimate goals. THE SLEEVE and Dr. Aceves is such a blessing!!

Now, take your skinny butt on girl and WORK IT!!

Way to go!! I'm seriously impressed. I'm definitely in the category of 'I'll never wear a size 6' -- and I might not (I think I was bigger than that at birth). But I love that you are!!

OMG Congratulations. I actually teared up for you.

That Last sentence is EXACTLY how I feel and what I am excited about. Actually having options of where to shop where I can get good deals for not having to buy YARDS of fabric to fit me. I am still meeting requirements so I have a journey ahead, but I KNOW this feeling.

Funny thing about Lane Bryant...i went into one tonight to find a top (sweater/shirt/whatever) to wear Saturday and just walked out. I'm 2 weeks away from surgery and just refused to buy anything else from that store. I really didn't need anything anyway, just wanted something new. Just wanted to share because I am seriously over LB!

Love it, love it, love it!!!!! You just keep right on rocking that sleeve!!!!

I also have walked into Lane Bryant just to "see" what's available and walked out without anything because I just can't do it any more.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! I'M SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! By the way, I LOVE MARSHALLS LOL!

hell to the yea giiiiirl!!!!!!!!!!! this is one of many inspirational stories i would be screaming to the world!!! size 6??!!!! u are the bomb! :biggrinjester:

I am about the same size you were, so I am elated that this is really possible, can we add

Catherines, Woman Within,Ashley Stewart,Cato..etc etc...to the screw you list?