Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Sleever Here’s A Prayer For You Too Pray If You Like.

I thought this would be a good prayer to pray, for you to bring comfort and peace doing this time, God bless you!!!

Father in the mighty name of Jesus, I ask you Lord to touch the mind and hands of each surgeon, nurse, anesthesiologist and caretaker who will come in contact with me during my hospital stay. Lord, I pray that my liver is small enough so that the surgeon could work around it. Lord I pray that there would be no complication during or after surgery. Father, Allow no hurt, harm or danger to come to me. I pray for minimal pain, minimal gas and no mishaps. I pray that I will return home as scheduled, and that my recovery will be an easy one. Lord, I know that I am in your hand and it’s You whom I put ALL my trust in and that You O’ Lord have control over everything and I am glad that You are my keeper and my safety place is in You Lord where I hide myself and find rest.

Thank You, Father for being the Creator of all things and creating me, NO ONE knows this body better than You.

Lord, I also ask in the name of Jesus that you would watch over my children, while I am in the hospital, place Your Holy Angels around them, for You, O’ Lord am their safety nest too. Thank You Father.

Amen.

That was beautiful and very complete, thank you.

I think this is an appropriate prayer for each of us. I'm sure the night before we have all said something similar, something that best fits our own lives. How nice of you to share yours! Good luck with your surgery and we will keep a spot open for you on the losers bench!

Thanks so much!!!!

Thank you! I'm new to the board - I just got my December surgery date & even though I know it is the right thing for me to do, suddenly a cloud of fear crept in : /

I'll be praying for everyone & appreciate your prayers.

Its an awesome prayer! Thank you.

hi all, i am crying through my tears. My DOS 12/6/11 has just been post-poned.

I'm so upset, and hoped it would be ok to turn to "my other family" The dr.'s office nurse just called to say the dr. wants me to come in to see him next week "to talk". My disappointment, to put it mildly, translated to the nurse who was telling me to please "calm down".

Apparently, luckiily, the dr. was there and came to the phone. He only wanted to see me to explain a couple of things, he can now talk as he said "phone to phone", no appt. necessary.

My preop had been done the other day and it was the end of everything seeming to be fine. But the dr. now told me he just wanted to make sure everything was ok, and he was just being a little concerned about my cardiac history that showed up. He said all was fine, but he would rather perform WLS at another hospital he preferred. Dr.'s office has been in a transition changing locations/hospitals, so my surgery would now done be at the hospital the dr. always worked at before.

The dr. is is all of a sudden a little concerned about my cardiac history, and also the fact that I have epilepsy. Both things have always been aware of, fine and approved with, He says he knows everything is going to be fine, but he would just rather due it at this hospital - which BTW is a hospital that is a little closer to me.

Both hospitals are "centers of excellence" but he just wants the change (he always uses this hospital, but theres being a transition with his office location and where he would i totally know he is just looking out for me - and i know he is showing concern, being rather safe than sorry, i just wish this had been done earlier. But as i said i know he is looking out for me - which of course is showing that he cares and maybe is a better dr. right? He said he was really sorry, this should have been done before. But he didn't want to scare me or anything - he just thinks this is the way to go.

i am finally calming down. I know all will happen just maybe a week later, but i am understandably sad. :o(

thanx for listening family o:) kathy

hi all - kathy again - i reread what i wrote before, realized i babbled a lot, repeating stuff :o( sorry, just wanted to tell you guys thats tears are drying and this 58 yr old cancer survivor has been through much worse than a little postponement. i just got pretty upset, but i'm better now - thanx for listening - kathy

kathy again, dr's office just called with new updated WLS date

instead of 12/6/11 - it is now 12/15/11.

They really did it quickly, and were really great.

looking on the good side, there always has to be a good side, i have an extra week for liquid self-imposed diet, dr. didn't require,

bye for now

kathy

til later - kathy