Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

To Everyone 4-6 Weeks Out Gastric Sleeve Surgery- Wanna Compare?

255 surgery day on 10/28

222 today (4.5 wks out)

Total loss 33lbs

Ok, I am just curious how my weight loss compares since surgery on 10/25

I think my weight the day before surgery was 254. (I need to confirm this with my surgeon!)

My weight now is 236

18 lbs.

What are your stats if you had surgery about the same time?

OR if you have a log book that you wrote what you were at 4 weeks -post op, refer to it and tell me :)

Highest weight was 294 (3/17/11), date of surgery on 10/14/11 277, today 245! I hit a stall at 3 wks, but I'm back on track to losing 2-3 lbs a week. I am 1 lb away from an even 50 lbs since I began this journey and so excited! My favorite meal is buying a rotisserie chicken at the store and eating part of it as a meal first, then cleaning the chicken off and putting it into little containers for an easy quick Protein snack throughout the week, and it's so yumm!

Good luck to all! Loving my sleeve!

Yeah! Congrats everyone on your weight loss! Okay... I was sleeved 11/4 and I am down 41lbs!

In the first month I lost 20 lbs. Of course that was the hardest time because my intake was restricted. Life is utterly normal now that I can eat anything. I have to make an effort to not keep losing! So far, so easy.

I had surgery 11/10 weighed 259 day of surgery today I weigh 242= -17

Julie

This thread has been so comforting to me. I was sleeved 10/31 and have been wonderng how I compare to everyone else who was sleeved around the same time. I have been feeling like my results were not that good and was feeling disappointed, but now that I have read this I feel like I am right on track. I started my 10 day pre op liquid diet at 277lbs. I was able to lose 12lbs by my operation day of 10/31. On my 2 week check up I lost a total of 27lbs and 29% of the total weight I want to lose. My Dr. Said that is some of the best results he has seen (had to brag a little). Since my 2 week my weight loss has drastically slowed down, but with keeping a close eye on my calorie intake I am back to losing more consistantly. As of this morning I have lost 35lbs and am down to 232lbs.

As I already said this thread has made me feel much better about my loss and wish all of you the best of luck.

I started out at 272 a month before surgery, and was at 258 on the day of surgery on October 14th. So I lost 14 lbs with the 2 week pre-op diet (which I will admit I wasn't very faithful with) and now I'm at 227 this morning! That's 31 lbs since surgery and 45 lbs total in about 7 weeks. I'm 2 lbs away from my first goal that I set for myself, which was my pre-quitting smoking weight. I can't believe that I have gotten this far this fast...it's amazing!!

And I just realized that I'm 8.5 lbs away from being halfway to my surgeon's goal weight for me!! HECK YA!!

Hi, everyone...

I was sleeved on 11/17-- my highest weight was 288, and on the day of surgery, I was 272. Now, a little over a month later, I'm at 245, total weight loss of 43 pounds.

I struggle sometimes with getting all of my Protein in, but I'm pretty good at getting my 5 meals per day and fluids in, and since I loved exercise before the sleeve, I've continued that afterwards-- and that's why I think the weight has come off so quickly. I've been walking for 30 min/day and getting on the elliptical for 30 min/day since about week 3, and I plan to get back to running and rollerderby in about two weeks. No more joint pain, no more shortness of breath, and no more tight clothes!

Good luck to everyone.. the sleeve has really changed my life for the better, and I hope it does for you, too!

weight.png

I'm a little over 6 weeks out (sleeved Nov 3rd). I weighed 292 at pre-op appt and within those 2+ weeks on the liquid diet I lost down to 276. In the 6 1/2 weeks since surgery I've lost down to 259 (another 17 pounds). I had surgery on a Thursday and was back to work that next Monday for a half day, then full days starting that next day. I felt great, so I went for it. I started working out a little less than 4 weeks after surgery and in full exercise mode now. I do feel hungry fairly often the past 2 weeks or so. I can eat at least a half cup of food and often able to eat 3/4 cup depending on what I'm eating. It's a little more than I thought I would be able to eat 6 weeks after surgery, but still a lot less than I could eat before surgery. Other than that, I really don't have any complaints.

I love this thread. Thank you for it.

Sleeved 11/29 (tomorrow will be 3 wks)- started 233 and now down to 222. So 11 lbs in 3 wks.

161lbs today, minus 27lbs. start weight was 188. have not seen 150ish in years. will be there by xmas. what a great present!!!

goal weight 128lbs.

wow - all you guys are doing so great! congrats! I guess I'm going at a slower rate, I was sleeved on 9/24 and was 265 prior to surgery, 269 after surfer, and at present, 218. I guess I'm averaging about 2-3 lbs a week .... I'm not working out yet, but keep telling myself I have to start (I hate hate hate exercise). And I sometimes struggle to get more than 50g of Protein in a day ... but I'm working at it ... can you guys tell me, is 50-60 g of protein a day sufficient? I just cannot seem to get it above that marker .. I get full so easily, I really am having a hard time getting more than that in on a good day???? let me know your thoughts, thanks.