Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tummy Tuck...have You Had One?

You crack me up! Lets see if we can get a 2-4-1 deal when we are both ready (savings wise) those prices look alot better than anything I am seeing in Minnesota. And I imagine there are lot more Tummy tucks done in CA than MN!

OH MY LORD! I just got home and got a coupon card from Beverly Hills Physicians...coincidence or not??? LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had a lower body lift about 13 years ago. Give or take. I had pain yes I will admit. However The recovery was easy I was back at work in ten days. Since having VSG my curves are coming back. :biggrin5: I would do it again! Now this was not only a TT but a lift and fat removal. I paid $8000.00 back then for this procedure. I haven't priced anything lately. My insurance will pay for my breast augmentation, lift, reduction that I will be needing eventually. I was going to look into a medial thigh lift as well. With only needing to lose 18 more pounds maybe the thigh lift will get rid of that. :biggrin: Good luck with getting your TT. Deb

Really? Will pay for all that? What insurance do you have and how do you get an augmentation covered?

My surgeon is big on plastic surgery...I'm not sold...yet.

It is worth thinking about, but I haven't gotten any farther than that yet. My surgeon says to him having WLS and not finishing the job with plastics is like driving around an awesome car with no paint. He said I was "too pretty" not to finish the job...lol, bet he tells all the ladies that!

I definitely want to wait for at least one year at goal before considering anything...my mind still tricks me and thinks that I'm as fat as I used to be once in a while...need time to adjust to the mental shift.

My surgeon is big on plastic surgery...I'm not sold...yet.

It is worth thinking about, but I haven't gotten any farther than that yet. My surgeon says to him having WLS and not finishing the job with plastics is like driving around an awesome car with no paint. He said I was "too pretty" not to finish the job...lol, bet he tells all the ladies that!

I definitely want to wait for at least one year at goal before considering anything...my mind still tricks me and thinks that I'm as fat as I used to be once in a while...need time to adjust to the mental shift.

You are right! I agree about waiting at least a year. As I stated in another post, my skin is actually rebounding and maybe with more time it will even get better (fingers crossed). I made my normal BMI weight goal May 2011 so I have 6 more months to make 1 year out to see how everything looks. If I would only get my butt moving and shaking it would probably help as well ugh.

I had a Tummy Tuck and Lipo about 6 years ago after I had lost weight before.

Positives: great result, almost no scar, wonderful surgeon. Really tight lower ab muscles, brand new belly button! You can even have your "lady parts" lifted a bit. It's outpatient, and I only needed pain killers for 24 hours, just tylenol after that

It's going to sound like a lot of negatives, but the results outweighed:

1. cost about $8,000

2. minimum 2 weeks off work, 3 is better, but if you have lift anything at work, you;ll need to make arrangements

3. Have to sleep in a recliner for about a month

4. must wear a compression garment for about 3 months.

5. drains stayed in for about 3 weeks--

Overall I'm glad I did it. I got my sleeve last week, but don't think I'll need the surgery again, since I didn't regain any weight in my stomach. But my arms and thighs might be a different matter--but I'm going with weights and yoga.

Let me know if you have any other questions. c

Well I have had one but I got it done about 5 years ago and even though I was still over 200 pounds when I got it , after having a child it looked like my butt was in front.......I had VSG surgery in June and my stomach is flat looking in my clothes......I would absolutely do it over again...I will be honest with you though it was probably the worst surgery recovery wise I have ever done....the VSG surgery I had no pain , took no medication and felt great. I have a big pain tolerance but it was no match for this surgery.....make sure you have family available for the first week, all day and night.....you cant sit up by yourself or lift anything and you wont want to...you will also need someone you are comfortable with to use the restrooms........But after all said and done , yes I would do it again.......but I still remember what I had to go thru and it wasnt fun........Just my journey , others might have weathered better............Good luck on your journey smile.png

I had a Tummy Tuck and Lipo about 6 years ago after I had lost weight before.

Positives: great result, almost no scar, wonderful surgeon. Really tight lower ab muscles, brand new belly button! You can even have your "lady parts" lifted a bit. It's outpatient, and I only needed pain killers for 24 hours, just tylenol after that

It's going to sound like a lot of negatives, but the results outweighed:

1. cost about $8,000

2. minimum 2 weeks off work, 3 is better, but if you have lift anything at work, you;ll need to make arrangements

3. Have to sleep in a recliner for about a month

4. must wear a compression garment for about 3 months.

5. drains stayed in for about 3 weeks--

Overall I'm glad I did it. I got my sleeve last week, but don't think I'll need the surgery again, since I didn't regain any weight in my stomach. But my arms and thighs might be a different matter--but I'm going with weights and yoga.

Let me know if you have any other questions. c

Question, especially for those of you who have had a TT, then gained and lost again. I am still hoping to have kids someday and wanted to know if would be better to try to hold off on having a TT until I know that there isn't a chance of any(more?) kids or would it be ok to have it as soon as I'm ready. I guess it's something that I would want to go through one but i want to make sure I get the best bang for my buck.

My insurance will pay for my breast augmentation, lift, reduction that I will be needing eventually. I was going to look into a medial thigh lift as well. With only needing to lose 18 more pounds maybe the thigh lift will get rid of that. :biggrin:

Good luck with getting your TT.

Deb

I think I remember reading on one of these boards and I know I heard it from a friend who had the bypass that insurance will pay for some skin removal after weight loss surgery. I think that you will have to have your doctor document that the excess skin is causing physical problems like rashes in the folds or things like that. You may be able to find out what is covered by looking at your insurance's EOB. I think that you might to refer to it in a special king of way to make sure they cover it. Also I think it was also mentioned that you could "upgrade" what insurance will cover and just pay the difference

Shellyac....wait until you are done having kids. The skin will stretch and you will have to get the stretch marks and the loose skin removed again so if you get the Tummy Tuck first it will be a waste of money....wait until you are all done and it will look amazing :)

I used to think that it didn't matter to me, now, after losing weight and being so close to goal, when I look in the mirror I look like a deflated balloon. I have been obese since I was a little girl and my nick name was "Tubby" ... seriously, thats what my everyone called me until I was about 7 or 8 , can you imagine they all thought it was cute! But I digress hahaha, So after having a cyst removed from my ovarie, a c-section, my gallbladder removed and the VSG, along with he deflated balloon look it looks like a crazy road map between the scars and stretch marks. I don't have the cash to pay for it now, but I am seriously considering it next year. Whats one more scar? LOL

I am not so sure I really care about a Tummy Tuck yet. I know for a fact i want a thigh lift. Everything else we will just have to wait and see. I still have six more months before i will even know what I want, but a thigh lift is a MUST! I just want to wear a bathing suit! I don't even care if it is a one piece!

I cannot wait until I have the funds and vacation time available for a TT. I have consulted with a great surgeon in the area - he said I was a great candidate. I was quoted $6,800 cash price for an upper and lower TT. Thought that seemed reasonable.

With the adoption of our new baby, that will have to wait a bit. But, I will be rocking a bikini by the end of 2012 - somehow, someway!!!

6800 seriously!!!! Wow!!! That's an incredible price... you're going to have to give me his/her info... LOL ;) I think I can get away with just a TT in the next two years once my weight has stabilized long enough. Washington isn't far and I have lots of family up there.

You got it Diva! Maybe we can talk him into a lower price if we both do it together!

Well hey, that's not a bad idea. ;)