Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late Thanksgiving And Early Christmas.. Approved!

Its funny how one little word can change so much, so quickly. I went from being a crazy anxious grumpy b***h waiting to hear from my insurance, to screaming and dancing for joy in a parking lot when I read my one word email from my surgeon's administrative assistant, to trying to not to cry like a baby.

I just wanted to take the time to say the following...

~ I'm grateful and thankful for being given a tool that will not only change my life but quite possibly save it

~ I'm grateful that I'll be reaching several goals that I've always had but didn't have the courage to share with people.. (i.e. riding rollar coasters again, going kayaking with my frieinds, SHOPPING at any store I want, being able to look at myself in the mirror again, being a role model for my daughter, finding TONYA again under all my blubber) just to name a few

~I'm grateful and thankful for prefect strangers that I've never met. All of YOU who are reading this and totally understand just how much one little word means and who support not only me but everyone on here.

~I'm grateful and thankful for truly understanding the following and finally living up to it..

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Labor day weekend 2011 marked a change in me that I will never forget. I felt something snap in me. I knew I was sick and tired of being sick and tired. Tired of being fat and unhappy. So I started researching WLS. I went from wanting a band, to a bypass, and finally to the SLEEVE. Which I think is perfect for me!

Happy Holidays to everyone. People who are waiting, keep up advocating for yourself. People who have had it.. I'll see you on the losers bench Monday December 19th 2011. The date of my rebirth!!!

Tonya

Yeah! Congratulations to you....I look forward to sitting here with you on this side of the bench! Blessings to you!

God grant me the serenity

to accept the things I cannot change;

courage to change the things I can;

and wisdom to know the difference.

Thank you! I am having some trouble with waiting for the surgery and those are the words I needed to hear.

What a blessing that one little tiny email is for you!! I think it's great that you got your approval!! :)

Happy Dancing for YOU!!! :)

congrats!!!! :)

how long did you wait for your approval?

Hi there.. I'm actually planning to write a blog or something that details my journey. But I met one on one with my surgeon on Vet's Day November 11th. Officially picked the sleeve on that date but I already had a surgery date about two weeks prior to the appointment. My insurance company received my info on Monday November 23rd and I got the approval Monday November 28th. So essentially it took four business days due to the holiday!!

WOW

It felt like four YEARS, decades.. :Banane55:

congrats!!!! :smile1:

how long did you wait for your approval?

Awesome job!! I'm praying that my approval goes that smoothly!!.. Congrats!!!

thats GREAT!!! my 6th month appt is thursday! i hope i hear good news on monday! lol

Hi there.. I'm actually planning to write a blog or something that details my journey. But I met one on one with my surgeon on Vet's Day November 11th. Officially picked the sleeve on that date but I already had a surgery date about two weeks prior to the appointment. My insurance company received my info on Monday November 23rd and I got the approval Monday November 28th. So essentially it took four business days due to the holiday!!

WOW

It felt like four YEARS, decades.. :Banane55: