Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Need Motivation Or Have Qs I'm Happy To Help :)

I have settled into 2 lbs a week with stalls sometimes but am happy with my progress. Sometimes I wish I could eat like everyone else.... but then I think look at how far I've come... and my attitude changes and all is good. Working towards goal maybe by Christmas keeping my fingers crossed.

I have settled into 2 lbs a week with stalls sometimes but am happy with my progress. Sometimes I wish I could eat like everyone else.... but then I think look at how far I've come... and my attitude changes and all is good. Working towards goal maybe by Christmas keeping my fingers crossed.

Keep staying strong! All the results, no matter when they are achieved will be worth it! :)

Ok i have a ?...is it normal for me to only really wanna loss 15-20lbs a month..I'm going on 2wks out i drink my Protein and my Water and walk..just wanna know if it is normal to be able to take my meds with problem swallowing.im not in much pain..if it did not see my scares i would forget i had it done..am i doing something wrong..

Ok i have a ?...is it normal for me to only really wanna loss 15-20lbs a month..I'm going on 2wks out i drink my Protein and my Water and walk..just wanna know if it is normal to be able to take my meds with problem swallowing.im not in much pain..if it did not see my scares i would forget i had it done..am i doing something wrong..

My average came out to about 10-12 Lbs lost per month over the span of my weight loss phase. It worked for me!

I really do need your help, I was sleeved May 7th & lost 9.5 kilos up till now..am from Egypt & down here u don't see the doctor after the surgery except for the stitches after that you are on your own!!! I just got a list for the first month & now I don't know what to eat am out of ideas!!! Don't know how many calories should I consume!!! Am traveling to LA in a week & so frightened of what I might do with the food & snacks! Month ago I was a chocoholic!!! Help me pls

I really do need your help, I was sleeved May 7th & lost 9.5 kilos up till now..am from Egypt & down here u don't see the doctor after the surgery except for the stitches after that you are on your own!!! I just got a list for the first month & now I don't know what to eat am out of ideas!!! Don't know how many calories should I consume!!! Am traveling to LA in a week & so frightened of what I might do with the food & snacks! Month ago I was a chocoholic!!! Help me pls

Hi bugsy :) Sorry I just now seen this post! I'm not around a whole lot on the weekends. Anyhow, I'll tell you I ate a lot of eggs for the first few months post op. I also ate a lot of Lower Sugar oatmeal from Quaker. I liked ground turkey for my meats. You can make that into a bunch of different recipes.

Here's a few websites I'm sure you will find helpful:

http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com/

That website has TONs of recipes for bariatric folks like you and I, especially if you are newly op'd. :)

I also liked:

http://www.weightwatchers.com/food/index.aspx

Fabulous dishes there!

Good luck!

LilMissDiva...

i just found this thread and am so glad i did. I have read it from beginning and you have answered SO many questions i had rolling around ... SO many positive quotes ... SO much support!

Thank you for the time and energy you have given to us all.

About me:

59 yrs old

5'3"

328 pre-op December 2011

294 day of surgery - May 2, 2012

256 today

Living life and love living!

LilMissDiva...

i just found this thread and am so glad i did. I have read it from beginning and you have answered SO many questions i had rolling around ... SO many positive quotes ... SO much support!

Thank you for the time and energy you have given to us all.

About me:

59 yrs old

5'3"

328 pre-op December 2011

294 day of surgery - May 2, 2012

256 today

Living life and love living!

Hi there! My pleasure, and I don't do anything without postivity. I fully believe whatever emotion we push out, we will get that back. If I push out negativity, I will get that back. If I surround myself in a positive manner and with positive people, I ALWAYS get that back. There's no other way for me to live my life. :)

YOU are doing fabulous, keep up the excellent work!!

I have been on my WLS Journey since the Summer of 2007. I have encountered and overcome many ups and downs, but I have come to realize it's the LESSONS I've learned along the way that have made me the woman I am today. Not losing all of the weight, not getting fit and not even becoming comfortable with who I am.

I have learned:

How I feel about myself on the inside will ALWAYS reflect how my body looks on the outside. This is why I always fight to look strong.

How my spirit is dressed on the inside will always match what I wear on the outside. This is why I always maintain a respectful and nice wardrobe.

How my Soul is fed will always be a testimony to how I treat my loved ones and my friends. This is why I will always keep it real, regardless of how the outcome might befall.

How my inner world is organized and kept will always be spilled to my outside world. This is why I always make sure my house & home, and where ever I spend a significant amount of time is clean, in all ways possible.

Weight Loss Center - Your Online Weight Loss Support Group

57002e122fd507a.gif

Waiting for approval....

Thank you lilMissDiva .... Wonderful insightful words!

Weight loss should not be about a number on a scale nor a number inside a pair of pants. It SHOULD be about life changing moments, and coming to terms with what brought us here. If we do not do that, we will always run the risk of putting those pounds back on. Something brought us to the point where we realized it was out of control, work out those issues, and make your goal about fixing that. The rest of your life and keeping the weight off depends on it.

Sexy is how you feel on the inside... not what you wear on the outside.

Wants and Needs are two very different things. Do you really need that? Or do you just WANT it? It is also the very difference between feeling full and being satisfied... or even head hunger and REAL hunger. Good luck figuring all this out! ;o))

Hi LilMissDiva please give me your input or anyone else tonight I ate 2 boiled eggs & the thing is th second egg never made it past my chest & then I threw up. I wanted to see if anyone else has these issues please help me I abhor throughout up