Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Need Motivation Or Have Qs I'm Happy To Help :)

What I'm doing today to kick fat's ass: Get up early and get my workout on; Getting my daily Protein in; Getting my daily Water in; Getting my complex carbohydrates in; Keeping positive; Staying in touch with my supportive friends; Staying strong both physically and mentally!!! Get it!!!

What I'm doing today to kick fat's ass: Get up early and get my workout on; Getting my daily Protein in; Getting my daily Water in; Getting my complex carbohydrates in; Keeping positive; Staying in touch with my supportive friends; Staying strong both physically and mentally!!! Get it!!!

Hello LilMissDiva,

such a great motivation for a Friday morning :)!

I still feel tired by mid afternoon and I have been sleeping A LOT this week...I am trying to get in my shakes...most I was able to so far was 2 of them :))...but I am learning to sip sip sip that Water throughout the day. I am loosing weight and that makes me happy and as you suggested I start walking in my lunch break for about 30 minutes and my plan was to do another 30 minutes in the evening, but I have been sleeping my afternoons :))

I am so happy to have find ya'll and make new friends!!!

Have a great weekend,

Ela

Hello LilMissDiva,

such a great motivation for a Friday morning :smile1:!

I still feel tired by mid afternoon and I have been sleeping A LOT this week...I am trying to get in my shakes...most I was able to so far was 2 of them :smile1:)...but I am learning to sip sip sip that Water throughout the day. I am loosing weight and that makes me happy and as you suggested I start walking in my lunch break for about 30 minutes and my plan was to do another 30 minutes in the evening, but I have been sleeping my afternoons :smile1:)

I am so happy to have find ya'll and make new friends!!!

Have a great weekend,

Ela

Good morning Ela! To me it sounds like you are doing fabulous. The beginning is very tough, and it sounds like you are going through what I did. Do what you can, which is what you are doing. Walking will help you every single day to pick back up with your energy. I don't know what it is about the sleeve but fatigue seems to be an immediate side effect for the first few months.

Be encouraged that it WILL go away!! Now I have more energy than I know what to do with .... haha!! :)

Be well!!

Finally the first day when I didn't sleep in the afternoon...I just had to lay down and rest a little bit. I took my daughter to see the Russian Ballet, they danced "Romeo and Juliette" and it was beautiful...managed to drink one more shake during the show, so I am officially up to 3 shakes per day.

I woke up feeling my little wounds very itchy and it looks like the glus is coming off...anyone went thru this faze? I am going to try to wash it off :)))

I hope everyone has a great weekend, lots to do...my husband is going out of town for a week :banghead: and I just start another quarter in my MBA, I work now full time and we will have dance, ballet and karate this week...keep me in your prayers!!!

Planning to cook dinner for the kids for the whole week, between tomorrow and Monday, that way I am set.

Ela

Hi there Ela! I hope you have a very nice weekend yourself. It sounds like you are doing GREAT! Keep up the awesome progress!

In answer to your question, yes the little butterfly tapes will start to slowly come off your skin. Try not to pull on them though, they will make their way off in no time at all.

Again have a great weekend!! Xoxo

i would like to sign up as well i have been in a rut - i weigh the same as i did six months ago - i know i am loosing inches cause my clothes are smaller then six months ago but i really think at this point i am totally stopped. My dr. never gave me a goal weight...is that normal???? In my adult life i have never weighed less then 170 and was a size 14/16 - i am currently 225 and size 18 comfortably 16 if i want to only get so much oxygen lol.

so what do you suggest??? i have been sick with a cold for a few weeks so the gym has not been an option but I am expected to head back soon. I am going to start walking right away tho maybe the fresh air will help.

so suggestions???? any/?? please????

Thanks for your help.

Carmy

Hey Carmy, this question is hard to answer, because I have a hard time answering it for myself! I weight 170 Lbs myself, yet I wear some pretty tiny sizes. I'm getting told all the time that I don't need to lose anymore weight. I've even been called "anorexic" and all kinds of rude comments. I'm NOT anorexic, but I would still like to get a little off the belly. But like someone else told me today... am I guaranteed to lose it on my belly? That was a great question, because I SURE don't want to lose it in my upper half anymore, and my booty cannot leave the building.

;)

Thanks for all the information, ideas and support. I'm very excited for my journey but have that fear of failing once again. I love to work out and have already signed up for my first 5k three months post op and will walk run if necessary but I'm doing it!

The result is not near as important as the journey. That is because the result will never come to be. All this hard work will never cease. Obesity will be a life long battle, and though we may get to a point where we are comfortable where we are - that can change in an instant... in only a few weeks of eating bad and not working out. Take care of yourselves!! Eat Right, Workout... forever.

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! Never NEVER let anyone tell you that you have "reached your ceiling". Don't ever put limitations on yourself, because the second you do, then it becomes true. This is NOT easy, but if you want to keep going then you have have to put the work in. The sleeve is not a magic cure all - the only thing it does is keep you from eating too much. Everything else is up to you.

I have trouble asking for help. Afraid I am just doing it all wrong and I will have to live with it. I had surgery on 11/9/11. I started at 229, surgery day, and currently 191.4. I see the numbers going down but honestly I don't know how. For some reason since surgery my sense of everything has been changed. Where I was loving every minute of Protein drinks pre surgery, now I can't stomach them at all, I used to take my chewable Vitamins like jelly Beans and now I can't stand to open the container much less eat one so I switched to pills and capsules. If I take them, no matter when or how, I am full and nauseated for hours. I haven't been able to find anything to drink that doesn't make me cringe with distaste and honestly most days I only get in about 300-400 calories. I am frustrated beyond belief.

I have tried to explain this to the dietician but she just says I'm not following the rules close enough. I want to....any suggestions?

Hi losin, first of all your dietician will never understand you completely unless she is actually sleeved herself. This is a very common issue with us, and I'm actually surprised she has not picked up on this. ??? Does she work with other WLS patients or are you the only one?

Don't feel discouraged. Just know that what you are experiencing will not last forever. Our newly sleeved stomachs are extremely sensitive, especially with foods or supplements that are otherwise hard on our stomachs. Most don't realize this but Vitamins ARE very hard on our regular stomachs, so of course it will be a lot worse otherwise. I caution anyone taking them on an empty stomach. Try to take it in with a few sips of Protein shake.

Even though you are cringing, you must push through it. You need your nourishment.

Hugs and hang in there, it will pass. :)

HTH

hello losin,

try some warm drinks...like warm tea or warm milk...Propel works great for me and Water at the room temperature or tea...anything with artificial flavor like Crystal does the same to me.

For the Protein shakes try the EAS they are not thick at all and I found them as being the easiest to drink. I just met with my dietician and complained to her about me not being able to drink 60-70 oz of fluids and eat all my food and she told me it's normal and as long as I try to sip sip sip and I get at least 40 oz is not bad...so do the best you can and best support person you can have is LilMissDiva :)...she's already been to what we are going thru :)

Keep a positive attitude,

Ela

This status is for all of those who are going through a "stall". FYI a true stall is being at the same weight for 3 weeks or more. You will have to change up your routine to break it. That said... it took me ***6.5 YEARS*** to get from point A to point B. So if you're feeling at this moment that you will never get to your goal, YOU ABSOLUTELY WILL!!! You just have to keep fighting. Forever!!!