Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When You Need Motivation Or Have Qs I'm Happy To Help :)

Can I be on the LilMissDiva team, too??? I get sleeved Dec 27 :biggrin5:

Thank you so much for starting this thread! I am 5 weeks away from surgery and your do's and don'ts cam just at the right time. And like the others already stated...I too look at your words of support and wisdom to all of us that are at different stages in our journey. Thanks so much!!!

I'm always glad to know the Do's and Don'ts help, I've often had to remind myself of many of them. In fact I thought of them along my journey! They were little things I had to tell myself to get me through the rough Patches. The hardest one is NOT comparing your journey to others. :) Cheers as you plug along!

Can I be on the LilMissDiva team, too??? I get sleeved Dec 27 :biggrin5:

All are welcomed here! Even the other "experienced" sleevers - I'd love for more to chime in. Like I said, I don't know everything. LOL :) Yayyyy for Dec. 27th - BEST ON YOUR UPCOMING SURGERY!!

Thanks Diva and everyone else who keep this forum open, honest and supportive!! I'm excited to start this journey towards a healthier life...

Thanks Diva and everyone else who keep this forum open, honest and supportive!! I'm excited to start this journey towards a healthier life...

I'm excited to watch your transormation! :)

I'll be here to whisper in your ear what you need to hear. I'm going to use this thread to spread my inner peace, my knowledge and joy I have since I've come my weight loss journey's end of the trail!!! I'm always feeling something and writing it down. I'm a writer and I want to share all my sayings with you in one space on the interwebs.

Something just pops in my head and I write it down. This will be my diary of all of them. I'll see how many I can seem to find. ;)

When you have nothing left or no more motivation push your self just a little hard and watch the result you get.

When you want to give up on life place your hand over your heart it's the reason you are living

excellence is not a act, but a habit

stay ready so you don't have to get ready

Today will not be the same as yesterday

God Bless :)

1. Redeem yourself FROM yourself. No one's holding you back except that person staring back at you in the mirror every single day!! - 12.16.11

2. Keep it positive... Keep it real tho too. ;) - 12.14.11

3. I love to eat. Sleevie does not. Guess who always wins that argument? - 12.11.12

4. GOD provides the vessel and compass. Where I go is up to me. - 12.8.11

5. You've got to believe in YOURSELF... because at the end of the day, that's no one else's responsibility but YOURS!!! 12.8.11

6. And at the end of my journey, I did good. - 12.6.11

7. How I got here: Faith, Blood, Sweat, Tears, Perseverance, Hard work, Dedication, Support from others, and Acceptance of myself. - 12.4.11

8. Numbers on the scale or in my pants do NOT define me. Self acceptance does, and I am here. - 12.3.11

9. Up early and getting my workout on. :) Crazy yes, outta shape.. Never again. - 11.30.11

10. An important lesson I've learned in my journey: I can only control what I do or how I act or react. I cannot control what others do or how they act or react. I just learned this not too long ago. I have been so much better for it since then. In this I've learned a sub-lesson. I am a slow learner. LMAO!! :-P - 11.21.11

11. 10 years ago at the start of what is now my career my first mentor told me "Everything is Fixable". Those three words have really stuck with me and I use this mantra in all aspects of my life. Since that day I have been working toward fixing my lifes problems. - 11.6.11

12. NO EXCUSES!!! Just do it. - 11.1.11

13. The problem with saying you'll do that tomorrow is just that... tomorrow. Tomorrow will never be today. - 10.27.11

14. For true happiness there is NO compromise! It is all or nothing. - 10.26.11

15. Always do YOU! It is OKAY to be proud of all your accomplishments - if anyone doesn't like it... don't let them intimidate you into thinking you shouldn't. Be happy, Be proud and BE YOURSELF!! - 10.5.11

16. Guess what? It is OK to feel good about yourself!! It is OK to pat yourself of the back for your HARD WORK and ACCOMPLISHMENTS!! It is OK to feel SEXY and Celebrate your inner DIVA!! It is OK to share your story without feeling like someone will try to blow your house down!! Go out there and be yourself, enjoy living and loving the new life you have. To all BE BLESSED!! - 8.12.11

17. Motivational guilt... oh how you bug the crap out of me until I do right. Thank you for being you!! - 8.4.11

18. If you think you can't, I'm here to tell you, YOU CAN!!! - 7.31.11

19. The one person I can truly count on... that I want in the front of my cheering section... that I must love above all others... that I know is going to pick me up when I'm down... that is going to be with me until I die... is me. - 7.30.11

20. Don't EVER GIVE UP!! This is going to be a bumpy road, a very long journey and it only ends when you let it. If you fall down, you must ALWAYS get back up. Keep your chin up and move along - you are a winner if you do that no matter what!!! - 7.12.11

21. Special Request: Remove the word "only" from your vocabulary. Celebrate each and every pound lost as a victory and remember that is a pound lost FOREVER!! Stop the insanity folks! - 6.27.11

When you have nothing left or no more motivation push your self just a little hard and watch the result you get.

When you want to give up on life place your hand over your heart it's the reason you are living

excellence is not a act, but a habit

stay ready so you don't have to get ready

Today will not be the same as yesterday

God Bless smile.png

I love these!!! Great additions :)

I love urs as well :)

Stay committed or RE commit... but NEVER quit!!!!

If you have made your goal, then you have won the battle. If you maintain your goal, then you have won the war.

To reach for the stars, sometimes you will need family and friends to lift you up.

Positivity, smiles and true kindness are infectious. Having those and negativity, frowns and being mean spirited are not contagious, rather immune.

Diva your an awesome motivator..sometimes I need motivation..sometimes I need a good swift kick. Thanks for always being there

Thanks Billy! I've been thinking a lot on my calling. Someone was messaging me a while back and after helping out and giving motivation he said something that really struck with me. He told me I should be a weight loss instructor. It made me feel good, and it also made me wonder if I'm at a crossroads right now. I also heard a message by Pastor Joel Osteen on Sunday. He said, when God tells us its time to move on to HIS greater purpose, then we must heed that call. :)

Losing weight doesn't automatically get rid of the negative self talk and bad self image. Only YOU can do that. You have to believe you are a beautiful person inside and out, no matter what your size. True success doesn't only equal hitting your target weight. It will also include learning to love and accept yourself exactly for who you are.