Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Am Sleeved By Dr Aceves

Well surgery was yesterday in the am. I was out of it all day fading in and out. i did get up and walked twice but that was it. i feel a little crampy and sore more so than pain. The cramping is in my chest. IS THAT NORMAL?I was told that its probably the drain. I can't explain its like a funny sensation I have been tolerating my liquids very well no vomiting or nausea.No purple in the bag. I lust feel tired sleepy with this weird sensation I am hoping is the drain. Dr A and Dr C are great they are checking on me around the clock. The nurses are so sweet and compassionate.I feel like a celebrity

So I just wanted say hello and thanks to all of you who have prayed and sent out positive vibes.

Luv u guys

Hi MsLady! It's nice to see you're doing well!

Yes, I felt that chest pain too - it's quite normal. Mine lasted a few weeks even after they removed the drain. Make sure you take a deep breath when they remove it. It feels weird... LOL :)

You're doing great! You are in excellent hands too!

I'm so glad to hear you're OK. I've been checking to see when you would post. I hope that yucky, crampy chest thing goes away soon. And K, you *are* a celebrity. You have your own show and everything!

P.S. How are the drugs? ;)

Your funny seraphina....yes my own channel. lol. The cramping is a lil better not much though. but i can manage. As for the drugs welll...not as strong as the ones in the states. I opted not to have the spinal block so they had to dope me up a little more. I was out of it a bit. Now that they disconnected my IV im not getting as much pain. but, i still have the cramping. Ive been walking and using my IS. I now it will get better. Your gonna do fine when u come mama!! Youll be fine

I'm glad you're feeling a little better. I do hate to hear about the drugs. I was hoping to just disappear for a few days and wake up in San Diego, if you know what I mean.

I'm not getting the spinal either. No way. I'd rather have my stomach ripped out than...well...uh...nevermind...

You're so sweet to reassure ME while you're recovering yourself. I'm sending you a cyber hand squeeze. Hugs are for later when you feel better, haha.

Healing vibes...

Hey Ya'll feeling better on the third day. Not much pain just some gas but, i have been able to go to bathroom. I had my xray of my stomach and everything looked great no leaks or nothing. I was given a Soup today and it taste pretty good. I only took a couple sips but i will finish it up. I am walking around more and feeling stronger. After I met the Doctors all my fears went away. You will be in great hands Seraphina and I promise you are doing the best thing for you. I can't believe i did it. It all seemed to happened so fast once I got here. Thanks for all the love and great vibes they are working. I'll be uploading my pre surgery video today on you tube so check it out.

Glad to hear you're ok, Ms. Lady!

My experience with Dr Aceves and his team has been awesome. Everyone has been so attentive and kind. The nurses don't speak much english but they do the best they can in getting u what u need. I have some cramping but for the most part that's it. I have been treated with such respect and the hospital is very clean. I must say this has been a very good experience. I have nothing but good things to say about my time here. I do feel hungry which I thought I wouldn't but i hope this is just a mind thing. Anyway I leave Friday and will be heading home. If u want to check out my journey i am on youtube MsLadyKanKan. Thxs

Congrats on your new journey! I'm 10 days out and I love the sleeve family. Again congrats and I will visit your channel on youtube.

Kandy,

I'm so glad your experience was as wonderful as we all promised! The first month is hard.....no doubt about it.....but once you get through it, you're on your way!

I think I'm 8 weeks out now, and I'm so happy with my decision. In the beginning, I was worried because I was hungry all the time and my energy was low. My weight loss was s-l-o-w for the first two weeks.

Then, somewhere around week 3, my body got with the program. By the time I could eat solid food, the weight began to drop, my energy was 100% and I finally stopped obsessing about my next meal.

This is my long-winded way of saying "try" to be patient. I think a lot of us experience that moment of "What if I'm the one this surgery doesn't work for?" But it will. Allow your body time to heal. Sip, walk, sip, walk......oh, and nap!

Hi,

You have made the best choice of your life, by having Dr. Aceves. I went there 3 years ago and had sleeve surgery. If you ever have any questions or need help with anything, just let me know.

Hugs,

Suzanne

So glad you are doing better! I am leaving in about 4 hours for San Diego! I love your you tube stuff!