Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Clothes Shopping Without Drama And Trauma

I am one who has always hated shopping. Trying clothes on usually gave me heart palpitations and broke me out into a cold sweat. I seriously have had store clerks ask me if I was okay because I was sweating profusely (dripping wet hair and wet clothes kind of sweating) and it was cold outside. The whole shopping event was dramatic and traumatic to say the least but since I have lost weight the sweating has stopped completely. For that alone I would have this surgery again.

I recently went shopping for a couple of things because I am almost out of clothes. For years I held onto smaller sizes with the hope I would lose weight so until recently I have been able to wear what I already had in the closet. First I went and bought a blazer in a size 16 which for me being a more should I say top heavy gal with broad shoulders I need a bigger size on top. Boy was I surprised when I got home and it was too big. I thought about moving the button over a bit but it was more than a couple of inches too big. Shocked. It took awhile for it to register with me.

Then I went jeans shopping and took two pair of size 14s in to try on because last time I was at this weight I could just squeeze into 14s. I was shocked to discover they were too big and ended up buying size 12 jeans. It made me feel so incredibly skinny!

I am finding that I am smaller at my current weight than I was previously when I was this weight. Part of me thinks it is just the distribution of the weight but my mind also wants to rationalize it by saying sizes are probably bigger than they were or adding stretch into jeans makes it easier to go down a size or two. I don't know why it is but I am choosing to celebrate! Shopping without drama and trauma! Yeah!!

Heya Jen! I really enjoyed reading this, thanks!! Caught a chuckle here and there too. :biggrin5:

Congrats on all the good that's going on with you right now. It IS much more fun to shop now than pre-sleeve. Just be careful! I've found a compulsion to shop now... LOL

Whoop, whoop! It is a BIG DEAL to be able to buy whatever you want/need without all that stress! Congratulations!

Lol, that is awesome!! Congrats! I can't wait for a NSV like that.

Congrats! On your new shopping experience. I myself have become a "Shop-A-Holic". I keep trying to clothes to see if I am getting smaller, and smaller and smaller. It truly can put a :biggrin5: on your face and boost your self esteem!

Shopping without drama...I LOVE IT! Congrats and here's to HAPPY SHOPPING WHOOO HOOOO!

Great post! Sounds like you are doing amazing :)

That is an amazing feeling.... Good for you!!!! I too find I am in a smaller size then what I was at this same weight 7 years ago. I do the samething maybe the sizes just run bigger now lol...But I think some of the weight I have is alot of lose skin... If you take all that away then I would most likly lose another 20 pounds and the sizing would be about right.