Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Mo. Gastric Sleeve Surgiversary Today - Before/after Pics - Nsv's

Today is my 3 month surgiversary and with Thanksgiving in two days I thought I'd post all the NSV's I'm thankful for at this point. I lost 30 lbs. last year before deciding to have VSG so I'm actually down a total of 74 pounds since this last Thanksgiving. I have been too embarrassed to post pics but in honor of my surgiversary, I've decided to finally post a "before" pic at my highest weight and also an "in progress" pic of me (10 lbs ago). Sorry, I don't have a more current one.

• I'm 3 mo. post op and I know I'll be to goal before another 3 mo. has passed
  • I KNOW I'll lose the weight AND keep it off, instead of just hoping I will
  • When I said goodbye to the 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, and now 160's - I knew I was never going see those numbers again
  • I'm wearing a size 8/10 pants, and medium tops
  • I enjoy clothes shopping again
  • I get to donate all my big clothes that I hid behind
  • I buy things that are form fitting now
  • sleep apnea is much better
  • My knees/ankles/feet don't hurt at night
  • My BP is great
  • I'm not constantly out of breath
  • it's easier to roll over in bed
  • I can cross my legs and keep them crossed easily
  • sex isn't filled with my wondering if he's noticing my fat rolls
  • I no longer am resolved to the idea that I'll live a short life - I can imagine I'll grow old some day
  • When I look in the mirror I no longer hear negative self talk, I like what I see, I feel pretty
  • My fiance is always checking me out
  • I'm not terrified that the holidays are coming and someone will post a pic of me on FB - posting my own pics now all the time
  • when I meet someone I don't wonder if they are thinking about how fat I am
  • I don't hide in my home anymore, I attend social functions or outings and enjoy myself
  • I'm no longer embarrassed all the time, or feel like the fattest person in a room, or worry that I'll run into someone I know
  • Eating is getting easier - haven't thrown up in several weeks (this was an issue the first 10 weeks)
  • food doesn't have the power it used to
  • I'm rarely hungry
  • a restaurant meal can last me two/three days
  • I look forward to getting on the scale
  • I'm no longer invisible, I'm treated differently
  • People are nicer to me

I'm sure I could list another dozen if I thought about it some more. This really is a life changing experience. I knew it would be because I've lost all the weight three times before in my life but it's always come back on, plus more. The best NSV is just knowing that this is it. I never have to go through being obese again!

Thank you for the wonderful support I have received along the way. This is truly and warm, caring, educational group of people and I'm so thankful for this forum because you've answered questions, lifted me up, and shared unselfishly your own journeys in order to help others.

post-13739-13813657886829_thumb.jpg

post-13739-13813657886991_thumb.jpg

post-13739-13813657887765_thumb.jpg

That is an awesome list! I am only a month out and cannot wait to experience some of those NSV's for myself.

Congrats on your success so far. You look great by the way!

Shae

Awesome, you look absolutely beautiful! I'm right there with ya sweetie, it feels so amazing to go shopping and find clothes that make you feel pretty/sexy and "dare I say, thin"? To actually seek out the camera at family gatherings instead of hiding until all the picture taking is over. What a blessing we have been given! God bless you! Keep up the good work and enjoy each amazing day of your transformation.

Wow, this is a great post. The NSVs are sometimes what really make things worth while! You look awesome!

AWESOME! Wow you look great! Congrats!

I LOVE this post!

You look fantastic....

What a great job you have done! I especially like the note about someone posting Facebook photos of you. I have upset a friend or two by removing their tag of me on a photo so I understand that fear very well. How awesome and freeing it is to post pictures of the new you!

Today is my 3 month surgiversary and with Thanksgiving in two days I thought I'd post all the NSV's I'm thankful for at this point. I lost 30 lbs. last year before deciding to have VSG so I'm actually down a total of 74 pounds since this last Thanksgiving. I have been too embarrassed to post pics but in honor of my surgiversary, I've decided to finally post a "before" pic at my highest weight and also an "in progress" pic of me (10 lbs ago). Sorry, I don't have a more current one.

• I'm 3 mo. post op and I know I'll be to goal before another 3 mo. has passed
  • I KNOW I'll lose the weight AND keep it off, instead of just hoping I will
  • When I said goodbye to the 200's, 190's, 180's, 170's, and now 160's - I knew I was never going see those numbers again
  • I'm wearing a size 8/10 pants, and medium tops
  • I enjoy clothes shopping again
  • I get to donate all my big clothes that I hid behind
  • I buy things that are form fitting now
  • sleep apnea is much better
  • My knees/ankles/feet don't hurt at night
  • My BP is great
  • I'm not constantly out of breath
  • it's easier to roll over in bed
  • I can cross my legs and keep them crossed easily
  • sex isn't filled with my wondering if he's noticing my fat rolls
  • I no longer am resolved to the idea that I'll live a short life - I can imagine I'll grow old some day
  • When I look in the mirror I no longer hear negative self talk, I like what I see, I feel pretty
  • My fiance is always checking me out
  • I'm not terrified that the holidays are coming and someone will post a pic of me on FB - posting my own pics now all the time
  • when I meet someone I don't wonder if they are thinking about how fat I am
  • I don't hide in my home anymore, I attend social functions or outings and enjoy myself
  • I'm no longer embarrassed all the time, or feel like the fattest person in a room, or worry that I'll run into someone I know
  • Eating is getting easier - haven't thrown up in several weeks (this was an issue the first 10 weeks)
  • food doesn't have the power it used to
  • I'm rarely hungry
  • a restaurant meal can last me two/three days
  • I look forward to getting on the scale
  • I'm no longer invisible, I'm treated differently
  • People are nicer to me

I'm sure I could list another dozen if I thought about it some more. This really is a life changing experience. I knew it would be because I've lost all the weight three times before in my life but it's always come back on, plus more. The best NSV is just knowing that this is it. I never have to go through being obese again!

Thank you for the wonderful support I have received along the way. This is truly and warm, caring, educational group of people and I'm so thankful for this forum because you've answered questions, lifted me up, and shared unselfishly your own journeys in order to help others.

It's posts like this that keep me coming back here. I love to see how everyone is doing, it's so amazing this thing they call the "vertical sleeve". Quite possibly the BEST invention for weight loss known to man (and woman!) right now.

Blessings to you. Look look totally amazing - and yes, very pretty!!

Such kind comments. It was fun to sit down yesterday morning and think about how my life has changed. Thanks so much for celebrating my 3 mo. surgiversary and NSV's with me!

Congrats on your successes so far. Posts like this are very inspirational to me as I prepare for my surgery. Thanks for sharing.

You look awesome, CONGRATS, you look as young as your daughter. I've been waiting on a youtube video from you!!!

Awww - Shea, thank you! My daughter is such a skinny minny that it was hard to stand next to her in pictures and not feel like a giant sloth... not anymore. Now I love having pictures taken to remember our times together. Did you see that I posted a youtube video two weeks ago? I was 10 weeks postop at the time. I haven't done them as often as I planned but I'm going to do another one in two weeks (one month from my last one).