Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have Gained...@#$%&**!

Okay so here goes. I am dealing with something that I thought I'd never have to face again. I weighed this morning and the scale is reading 5 POUNDS more than it did before. I did have my TOM last week and maybe that is contributing? Not sure, but very upset, depressed, anxious and just plain sick about this. I had lost 43 lbs to date and now I am going in the wrong direction. I have been getting my Protein and fluids in but haven't been walking as much. The cold weather tends to aggravate my rheumatoid arthritis. :boxing_smiley: I have also had a lot of problems with Constipation. I bought some Miralax and started taking it yesterday, so hopefully it will help.

I eat a couple of sausage links for Breakfast, a Protein shake for snack, a chicken breast with veggies for lunch, Powerade zero and Water throughout the day and some kind of meat or Soup for dinner or Peanut Butter on toast. So, its not like I'm eating more than I should. But, maybe I grazed a bit more last week during TOM. Just trying to figure out where this gain came from.

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, words of encouragement. I am struggling today.

If that's what you've been eating try not to worry. I don't see how you can possibly gain 5 lbs with what you've listed in your post. It's probably just your body messing with you. Take a deep breath, keep eating the way you should and reweigh in a few days, I'll bet it's gone by then.

Every month I gain between 3-5 lbs and it started in December which was about 3 months after my sleeve. It's the way my body has done the entire journey almost but it always comes right back off. It's Water weight and not fat and I'm okay with that.

Thank you so much for your posts.. I really appreciate it. Last week was difficult for me between dealing with the TOM and my lingering depression over the loss of my brother in October. I have always eaten to deal with my feelings and I may have grazed a bit last week in response. I am committed to getting back to my exercise this week. If my arthritis won't let me walk, I will do my stationary bike instead. Thanks again. I am back on track and looking to see that scale go back down.

This happened to me last month and this month. I think it is definately related to your TOM. I gained 5 lbs a week before my TOM last month. Then, when my cycle started, I lost the 5 lbs and an additional 2 lbs. Last week, I gained 7 lbs! I started to get upset, but I remembered what happened last month and decided to ride it out. Sure enough, Sunday morning, I was back down. Give it a week before you drive yourself crazy. If it hasn't fallen off by the end of the week, then you can look into other possibilities. Good luck to you.

Okay so here goes. I am dealing with something that I thought I'd never have to face again. I weighed this morning and the scale is reading 5 POUNDS more than it did before. I did have my TOM last week and maybe that is contributing? Not sure, but very upset, depressed, anxious and just plain sick about this. I had lost 43 lbs to date and now I am going in the wrong direction. I have been getting my Protein and fluids in but haven't been walking as much. The cold weather tends to aggravate my rheumatoid arthritis. :boxing_smiley: I have also had a lot of problems with Constipation. I bought some miralax and started taking it yesterday, so hopefully it will help.

I eat a couple of sausage links for breakfast, a Protein shake for snack, a chicken breast with veggies for lunch, Powerade zero and Water throughout the day and some kind of meat or Soup for dinner or Peanut Butter on toast. So, its not like I'm eating more than I should. But, maybe I grazed a bit more last week during TOM. Just trying to figure out where this gain came from.

Anyone have any thoughts, ideas, words of encouragement. I am struggling today.

Its possible you might have taken in more sodium than you think and for me, that always leads to the scale being naughty. Idk... I wouldn't really worry too much to be honest. I've just come to realize that's a natural part of the process. I go up and down all the time. If it goes up, I just flush with more Water and it's usually gone in a day or two.

HTH

I am 3 pounds up and down all the time. Its probably Water weight. Keep the long view... if your not eating off plan, things will adjust down soon. Drink lots of water, and watch the salt for a few days. Deep breath... you will be fine!

I agree with Feedyoureye... it has to be Water weight. I too bounce up 1-3lb on any given day! I believe that this is natural for us ladies... try not to stress over it, easier said than done I know, but it will go back down.

I promise you the sleeve is the ONLY way that I have ever lost more than 7lbs!

Good luck

If I don't drink 90-100 oz of Water a day I retain water badly. Last week I didn't drink enough due to hectic schedule. Then drank my head off over the weekend and lost 5 pounds today. Crazy.

I'm so sorry you lost your brother :( Hugs!

Haha, you and I are totally on the same wave length. I had my period last week also and gained 3 lbs today too! We know it is just Water. It will come off. Keep up the great work!

This happened to me in month 4. It is a little weird, but once the week passed and I weighed myself again I was back down and lower than before. It happened again in month 5 so I didn't stress. I might have had more fluids, but it certainly wasn't the fact that I ate more than before. I am still eating barely anything. Now I am working towards month 6, and I have decided to weigh myself every other week. I would like to go the whole month without weighing myself...but we will see about that :) :not_ripe:

I always bounce up around TOM - usually about three pounds or so. In fact, I have this weird pattern every month, no matter what I do (provided I'm not eating total crap and not logging my food!) where I lose a bunch of weight the first two weeks of the month, bounce up two or three pounds around TOM, stall out for about ten days, then I do a fast drop back down almost to where I was before TOM, just in time to start the cycle again the next month.

I'm incredibly sensitive to hormones, even the ones my body just naturally produces each month.

So calm down! I'm sure it will fall off shortly. Do log your food if you aren't, and include a sodium count if you don't already. If I bounce up a pound or so and it's not my TOM it's nearly always tied to sodium intake. Sometimes I'm amazed at how easy it is to have sky high amounts of sodium in your diet!

Drink lots of Water, get through the week and enjoy the swift drop once your TOM is over. :)

~Cheri