Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

3 Weeks Post Gastric Sleeve Op And Eating Real Food...

I'm so confused :confused5: I'm pre-op 12/6/11 very excited. I thought you could eat so very later at this early stage. I thought you had to measure and only eat 3 oz., and i hear people can not always get that down. You're eating small portions right?? And how about H20, are you able to drink 62 oz., thats something that will be hard for me. (above i meant to say little instead of later on 1rst line) Drinking all that Water sip by sip and still getting it down. I don't, i might not understand everything. Any info and help anyone can explain to me would be so nice. :help: kathy

Hi Kathy!

Sorry for taking so long to answer your questions......but now you are 3 days post op!!!!! Congratulations.

On your questions....every one is different and we all have different doctors with different guidelines. right now I am in my 2nd month and can eat most anything but I stay away from Pasta, bread, and rice because it just doesn't go down well. I'm quite happy with yogurt and Protein powder in the morning, Soup at lunch and who knows what at dinner (we are traveling in Europe so I'm a bit of an odd one).

And no, I don't get my Water or my Vitamins in, or enough Protein. But I'm doing the best I can.

Please follow my Sunday blog at queenofcrop.com and you'll get all the details how what to do and what NOT to do!!!!

Good luck and congratulations once again.

Sharene

I dont understand why you would not get any of those three in? Especially the liquids, dehydration is dangerous. Your body cannot run without liquids, even if you get just enough to make it, it is VERY hard on your kidneys. trust me, you do not want kidney damage. The lack of Vitamins can be very dangerous as well, not to nention the protein. Your body will essentially eat itself, not just the fat. I know you are traveling and that makes it tougher, but you must try to do better. these things can be more harmful than you think.

"sorry for taking so long to answer your questions but now you're 3 day post-op"

hi cropqueen, well.....i'm not 3 days out, unfortunately my 12/6/11 surgery was postponed until 12/15/11 - right around the corner.

I'm still very anxious about getting all my H20 in, and Protein - but i'm so excited i'll be fine.

hope this finds you well

kathy

I want real food so bad! I am sick of Soup. I can't get in Protein Powder so real food would be best. I am 4 days out. I know it's wrong but I tried to eat refried Beans on a tortilla yesterday. It went down fine. What's the real deal on when I can eat real food. Please don't lecture me on not cheating just looking for honest answers. Thanks

@@Michelle6 the honest answer is when your doctor says you can. I'm a little over two weeks out and on soft foods which includes fish, soft cheeses like mozzarella string cheese, ground meat, chili consistency food. My doctor said I could progress to regular food in 3 more weeks . You are way to early to be eating regular food and it would be very dangerous for you to do so, even life threatening. Don't do it. Follow your plan. That's the real deal. You had the surgery, now you have to make the responsible food choices for your health, this is not a magic fix, you have to do the work too. Stay safe with your eating and good luck

@@Michelle6

I woundn't consider it cheating, really. It's more like going against a post surgery prescription diet needed until healing can occur. Kind of like breaking your leg and not walking on it until it's fully healed. You can do life risking damage going against surgeons orders too soon, like a gastric leak.

I want real food so bad! I am sick of Soup. I can't get in Protein powder so real food would be best. I am 4 days out. I know it's wrong but I tried to eat refried Beans on a tortilla yesterday. It went down fine. What's the real deal on when I can eat real food. Please don't lecture me on not cheating just looking for honest answers. Thanks

No lecture but your sick of soup after a few days? Surgery wasn't the end, it was the start. So honestly. suck it up.

@@Michelle6 the honest answer is when your doctor says you can. I'm a little over two weeks out and on soft foods which includes fish, soft cheeses like mozzarella string cheese, ground meat, chili consistency food. My doctor said I could progress to regular food in 3 more weeks . You are way to early to be eating regular food and it would be very dangerous for you to do so, even life threatening. Don't do it. Follow your plan. That's the real deal. You had the surgery, now you have to make the responsible food choices for your health, this is not a magic fix, you have to do the work too. Stay safe with your eating and good luck

Thanks for the advice

@@Michelle6

I woundn't consider it cheating, really. It's more like going against a post surgery prescription diet needed until healing can occur. Kind of like breaking your leg and not walking on it until it's fully healed. You can do life risking damage going against surgeons orders too soon, like a gastric leak.

Edited by Michelle6

@@erp

Thanks for the honesty! Your so right it does suck completely! I will be the first to admit I was not prepared for the post op diet or requirements. Doing my best to make it through????

Keep on, keeping on, it does get better. I promise. [emoji4]