Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Getting Sleeved in T-6 Hours!!!

So here I am guys and gals ready to begin my journey!!!

I am getting sleeved in six hours at University General Hospital in Houston, Texas by Dr. Felix Spiegel. To be honest, right now I am in deep prayer reflecting on my life and knowing that this is only the first step to the rest of my life. I have always been overweight and fought with it constantly and have never had the opportunity to feel comfortable in my own skin. I think that it is time that I create a new life for me in the upcoming 2012 year and look forward to sharing my stories and successes with the rest of you! I have been reading the site for months but to scared to register in the event that I wouldn't qualify and that by me discussing the process would only Jinx me. Well I'm happy to say that I never had any problems with Aetna and after three months of eval and providing two years of previous weight history Aetna approved me on November 1, 2012 and let this lil ole Louisiana Cajun Firecracker that the big day was scheduled for November 15th at 6am! I'm going to attempt to get some sleep but thought as a first step, I would register and introduce myself as I know I will be on here even more!!!

-S-

New Life, Good luck in the morning! You will have a rough couple of days, but it's not that bad...and the benefits are amazing!

I know it's a little early, but welcome to the loser's bench! :)

Good luck to you on your first step of the rest of your life. Keep us posted how you are doing and chime in whenever you feel like it! :banane58:

Best of luck b strong n kit!! Hugs!!!! :0))) yeahhhhh congrats!!!!!

I am also going in to have my VSG done at 7:30 tomorrow morning! Wishing you the best and remembering you in my prayers, sleeve sister!

Good luck!! Keep us posted on this thread u guys!!!

good luck and congrats!!! <3

Good luck and be well! Looking forward to hearing how you're doing when you're up to sharing.

Good luck with your surgery! I look forward to hearing all about it. I am with Aetna also and can relate to not wanting to jinx something. I have until 12/22 before we can submit the claim.

Take care!

So here's the update everyone. I'm doing well and finally feeling better. No pain right now and the nausea has calmed down. The day of the surgery I wasn't allowed to eat or drink anything so I was miserable, my mouth was so dry it felt like I was chewing cotton. The second day I was given Jello which I felt like heaving up so I survived off of Water alone yesterday. Today I tried Jello again with no problems. Enough of the food stuff. As for physical activity I was walking two hours after surgery and have been walking around with no problems since. I was discharged a day early after it appeared that I wouldn't have any problems. The only surgical complication that I had was that the night after surgery my blood pressure went through the roof, primarily because I was a smoker that was on the patch. Once the patch came off my pressure went sky high, after I put another one on, I was fine and my BP started going down. I haven't stepped on the scale just yet I'm waiting on my week one follow up. I look forward to keeping you guys posted with my week one results!

I just saw this post. I pray that all went well. Let us know how you are doing. Congrats on your new beginning!!

hope things are going great during this recovery period. I can wait to see your updates! :biggrin5: