Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry Girl 5 Days Post Gastric Sleeve Op!

I am five days post-op and on on stage three of my diet. I feel hungry and I miss eating actual food! Did anyone have this? help!

I'm 2&1/2 weeks post op and am starting pureed foods tomorrow! Can't wait!!!!! My blender is going to be busy!

Beth,

I'm two weeks post op. You're at the stage that was the hardest for me. The only thing that helped me was when it was bad, I went for something salty. broth or Soup. I also started to experiment with broth and Soup, putting in different spices, taking sips....it just gives you something to do when all you want to do is attack whatever divine thing staring at you from the fridge.

I am 5 Post-Op and finding it incredibly difficult to to stick with the liquid phase.

I'm craving soft foods and every Liquid Protein drink I have tastes like chalk.

Does anyone have any advice for someone who still has 9 days left to go of liquid phase?

HELP PLEASE!

Sure did! I'm 2 years out now and am still hungry. . I never was lucky enough to have the hunger disappear. But I dealt with it and thank god for the restriction was able to lose my weight. i'm really proud of my accomplishment up until today. my body is in relax mode right now and that is ok with me! I love me for once in my life . . .good luck

broth. I swear by broth for the liquids stage. Heat it up, add some spices if you want, whatever works. I had less of a hungry feeling with broth than anything else. And, I couldn't STAND the Protein shakes, crystal light, or Protein Water. They were all too sweet for me. Warm broth was my lifesaver.

Once you're up to mushies, any kind of Soup blended up was good, including wendy's chili. Instant mashed potatos, blended chicken noodle soup, and egg drop soup all tasted great, too.

Someone here suggested ice chips if the urge to chew was overwhelming. I can't do it because of sensitive teeth, but it might help that urge for you.

Good luck! This stage WILL pass and you'll soon be looking back and thinking "that wasn't so bad". It does take awhile to get through it, though. :)

I don't "miss" eating food persay... but I am envious a little when sipping my Soup while hubby is eating.... But having said that- I am so happy I did what I did... I agree with Lissa that the warm things seem to "curb' the hunger better and are more satisfying..

i have been having soup, broth, Protein Water and drinks. Tried some sugar free pudding and it was way too much- I also tried a go-gurt and it was good but a bit too sweet-

It is all trial and error at this point- Having been through this with the lap band- I pretty much knew what to expect- my problem is changing my mind set from it may get stuck to it only takes a few tsp to fill up now...

i dont understand. if your stomach is smaller why are you so hungry. wouldnt the liquid and 64oz of Water keep you full

A few days after surgery, some do experience hunger, or, some do experience the need to eat something more solid, like puree. There comes a point after surgery when your energy returns and so does a bit of an appetite.

Your stomach IS smaller, and yes, you will feel satisfaction by drinking liquids, but the only way to describe it that it's short lived. I guess you couldn't really call it a craving, it's more like wanting (or maybe it's craving) something more solid. There is not a time you'll appreciate refried Beans more than when you graduate to puree. Even if you can only take three bites.

I was also hungry the first few weeks but I sipped all day long and that helped. I mean ALL DAY LONG! lol The best though, as others have said, was definitely broth. I couldn't stand canned broth, but homemade (very well seasoned broth) was heaven. I was allowed sugar free popsicles during full liquids and that helped too. Sip, sip, sip and you should be fine.

Beth-You say you are on stage 3. Stage 3 is usually mushies so you should be able to eat some things that are "real" food. Like refried Beans, puddings, pureed Soups and chili's, eggs, cottage cheese, tuna, Peanut Butter etc.

I can't believe you are getting to eat mushies at 5 days! I thought my doctor was liberal and he made us wait 2 weeks for mushies and 4 weeks for stage 4 full regular diet.

i've been eating the "Mrs. Grass" chicken broth l(seasoning in on small pkg. noodles in the other) don't put noodles in broth of course, but i know this is high in sodium. Told my NUT, she says its ok at this early stage DOS 12/15/11. But if i could learn to make broth with out that much sodium (salt) i'm sure it would be better for me. i luvvvvv my broth.

simple directions for broth

icc (i can't cook) lololol

kathy

my doctor said basically anything through a straw is ok after day 3. i could liquify Soups in blender and jamba juice was great....

i miss kfc </3