Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Question for those who have made it through a stall

Well I have been in a stall for about a month. I am about 3 1/2 months out. My carbs are 30 or under and I am drinking lots of fluids. i am getting some fat calories.... maybe those need to go really low? like under 20 a day? Trying to exercise but the stamina I used to have just isn't there. When you finally make it through the stall, do you go back to losing about 2 lbs a week? In the last month I have lost maybe 2 lbs. I have tried cutting carbs even more but it doesn't seem to help. Am hoping my weight loss will start again soon.

Khy

I've had a few stalls and have found that if I eat more the stall ends. We all try to be on low carb, low fat, low calorie, low amount of food plans and they seem to cause stalls instead of weight loss. Weird. The past two weeks I have eaten more carbs and just a bit more overall and I have started to lose weight again. You want to pull your hair out(or someone elses..lol) when you feel like you are doing everything right yet the scale just stagnates. I think our bodies go into shock and hold onto weight because the amount we eat changes so drastically.

Just my thoughts :)

Good luck.. the stall will pass

How about changing up the exercise? I've had two stalls both lasting 3 weeks and 2 weeks respectively. I notice when I change it up I drop on the scale or add carbs.... I agree something has to change. Your body might be adjusting to what is already going on.

I agree to eating more. The other day I ate like a pig and even posted something about emotional eating and thinking I would ruin my sleeve....I'm five pounds down :wink1: I didn't eat more at a setting or feel full I was just munching and munching and munching and when I hopped on the scale I was five pounds lighter... also, alot of people get caught up in the whole low carb thing and measure this and measure that but I stopped doing it after the 2nd month and when I did I started really losing GO figure!

I have been told that the body goes into starvation mode when it doesn't get enough to sustain it. Then it holds on to everything. The trick is to find the point at which your body is getting what it thinks is enough. Find this point and then it will get rid of any excess. If someone knows how to figure out where the tipping point is, I would love to know...

Shae

Today is officially 4 mos for me, I was in a terrible stall for the entire month of october ..no weight loss. This month I decided to change some things such as working out, in which I didn't do before and upped my Water intake and carbs for energy...the finally result ...I lost 10 lbs so far from nov 1 - today. July12 was my surgery day and I weighed 227 now I'm 165 lbs. You need to change up to get your body losing again. My trainer helped me to understand this...you need more carbs while working out or else your body will think you are starving it.

Chanel

I went into a month and a half stall when I was about 3 months out. I was doing everything I was supposed to be doing, but I was so frustrated. One day at work, we were celebrating somebody's birthday with cake and ice cream. I had a scoop of ice cream and later that day a small piece of cake. The next day I had lost 3 pounds and I haven't been back in a stall. I think when I limit my carbs too much my body just stops losing completely. I have to allow myself a little--although usually it is healthier carbs than cake and ice cream. :) Plus, now I am doing Zumba and working out with weights so I can't get by with too few carbs.

This really helps explain stalls and why they happen. Make sure you measure! YOu will find you are still losing inches.

http://www.dsfacts.com/weight-loss-stall-or-plateau.html