Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

Dont worry everyone, you are doing great! I havent lost as much as i thought i would the first 4 months, but im okay with it coming off slow, so my skin can catch up, lol. I've lost 33 lbs, and stalled for a little over a month, but then all the sudden i lost 4 lbs again. So it will happen, I can see the loss, and I met my first goal which was to get to 235, yay! So keep up the good work December sleevers!

i just got in trouble from my NUT, i was doing 60 carbs a day and 800 calories 60-70 grams of Protein. When she heard i was doing 7 hours a week of cardio/strenghth training she told me to get myself to 90 carbs (HUMRPH) and 1000 calories. I have lost 60 pounds but i started at a higher weight than most of our December sleevers.

i can not stress this enough. If you are physically able, GET MOVING! yes the weight is going to come off even if your sitting on the couch, but we did this to be healthier not just to get skinny. 20 minutes of walking a day is good, if thats all you do, try to run for a minute, then walk 5, then run 2. The more active you are the better you are going to feel. I feel better at 230 than a lot of my skinny friends who are unactive. i go to the gym first thing in the morning when i drop my daughter off at school, cause i know if i talk myself into going back home ill be done for the day. I do boot camp style classes, Water aerobics, elliptical machine, and i lift weights. My arms have always been out of porportion with the rest of my body so i spend a lot of time on them, i have decided i would rather have muscely arms than big ole flabby ones, cause they look awful! Well congrats everyone we are doing awesome!

Dont worry everyone, you are doing great! I havent lost as much as i thought i would the first 4 months, but im okay with it coming off slow, so my skin can catch up, lol. I've lost 33 lbs, and stalled for a little over a month, but then all the sudden i lost 4 lbs again. So it will happen, I can see the loss, and I met my first goal which was to get to 235, yay! So keep up the good work December sleevers!

hey babigirl! Long time no see,,glad you are doing well..your avatar is adorable :)

I was sleeved a couple weeks after you and we're close to the same weight and loss.

Peacequeen didn't you have a TPN too? My doctor told me that the weight loss would definitley be slower since the fluids from the tpn could be in your system for up to 6 months sometimes.

You are doing great! You really want to lose slowly so as to not have alot of skin issues and you will keep the weight off. If you lose too fast, chances are higher that you gain some back. I was sleeved a couple weeks after you and we're close to the same weight and loss. Everyone loses at a different pace and I think with excercise, muscle mass weighs more than fat so that could be the reason for losing slower,,which is a good thing. I'm starting to track my calories/protein/fat/carbs..I know I'm not eating much..like today I ate 810 calories,,who wouldn't lose right?? But I went over in carbs..way over. I didn't realize this till I tracked today. I'm tracking at myfitnesspal.com I'm just learning how to use the site,,it does all the work. Good luck sweetie,,but you ARE doing great!

Glad to see you're doing the my fitness pal now - I have to warn you, though, it's kind of addicting! :)

So glad you've surfaced again! LOL We've missed you :)

Peacequeen didn't you have a TPN too? My doctor told me that the weight loss would definitley be slower since the fluids from the tpn could be in your system for up to 6 months sometimes.

Yes, but I didn't know it could take that long..that would explain some things.

I haven't been on this site for awhile. Good to be back. I needed some reminders. I'm losing - down 57 lbs. but could probably be further along if I was tracking my foods and staying consistent with exercise. Interesting though - I haven't gone down much in clothing sizes. I was an 18W (which were starting to get tight). I'm now a 16. I have an apple shape. My pants are big in the legs but because my waist is big and I have a nasty hernia - I still need a size 16. I wore a 1x in tops and now generally wear an XL. Sometimes a large. I would have thought I'd see a bigger change in clothing sizes. Oh well. It is nice to be able to fit into regular clothes and go to regular clothing stores.

Hey all, I was sleeved 12/12 and have lost 45 pounds since surgery. I feel like this is awful progress and have been really bummed lately about how slowly i'm losing considering how much I still weigh.

You can see in my sig my weight lost per month is going down and down, I only lost 7 pounds last month and only 8 the month before that. I just dont get how I can not be losing more so soon out after surgery, I understand that after a year weight loss slows but after 3 months and its already slowing this much?

I'm also not losing inches as i've been checking that. I get in more than enough Protein every day and really close to 64 if not 64 oz of Water ever day. I've tried switching from treadmill to elliptical to see if that would help but still nothing. Tried adding more veggies, nada.

Sooo frustrated. Glad to hear everyone else is having better success at least.

Amber Dawn,

I was sleeved the same day as you. I feel like I am losing really slowly as well. I have lost 42 pounds so far. Today is our 4 month surgiversary. I am glad to have lost that much, but I havn't seen the scale move in a month. It's kinda frustrating. You sound like you are getting in more liquid and protein than me. I just started walking/jogging... so hopefully that will help. I just thought I'd lose faster than this. Hopefully we'll both get back to moving soon!

Hello All,

I was sleeved on 12/22. I guess 77lbs is ok progress, but since two month the weight loss is stalled. becoming little liberal with the food choice i.e. too many Ice creams and not much exercise must have caused this.

so trying to get back on track i.e. jogging alternate days 25 mins and eating only Protein Powder, fruits and stir-fried vegitables.

post op i developed great appetite for stir fried vegetables i.e. good but hooked on ice creams too. Somehow drinking anything other than Water is most comfortable (not touched soda since op) very peculiar, may be others have also experienced the same.

trying to get back on track

VSG257

hey back at ya

you got the december board up again - big kuddos on that

sorry you've been in a stall - but 73 lbs loss is terrific. :)

don't give up hope - stick to your guns and start drinking that Water up again.

good luck to you, and all of us december newbies

Hey, it is great to hear from our "December" family - oh how far we have all come in the last 7 months! I cruised through a number of posts and those of you with signatures - I can see the updated progress. Wow, I wonder how much weight we as a group have lost???!!! it is just awesome. I hope you all are doing well.

I had a few bumps in the road but have made it through and doing well. Hope all is well with everyone!

I was sleeved on 12/19/11. I've lost 54 pounds in total since before the surgery. I started out at 238 and am now 184. My progess too has slowed way down. I've tried upping my exercise, upping my calories, taking fish oil, taking sea kelp-nothing seems to make a difference. I go between 184-186. It's been this was for about 1 1/2 months. I too prefer drinking anything but Water. I used to LOVE water. But it seems too harsh. My sleeve likes beef more than chicken. I still use Protein Drinks. So I guess I'll just wait and see how the next few weeks go.

Kathy - Many Thanks for the encouragement! You have made an amazing progress 85lb! is Inspiring, Congratulations!

I guess being active on the forum can play a big role to keep the weight loss under perspective, control deviations and get inspirations!

VST Addict – So we both have developed a dislike for Water, making slow progress too. Could be a coincidence or it could be just water. Somehow I recollect reading somewhere or I guess my Doc told that sustaining water intake is must for weight loss. of course easier said than done J

Sleeve Evangelist – 106 lbs! Wow

December sleevers – Is Sleeve Evangelist the biggest loser? Very curious to know if somebody has topped 106 lbs in our group!