Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving. I'm still hoping for a Dec date. I have to get cardiac clearance and an EGD before I can proceed.

I've been on this journey for quite a while and began the approval process in March. After my PCP retired and my dietician left the practice, I had to scramble right at the end to keep things on track. Did I mention I changed WLS surgeons as well? LOL. Well now I've found a great surgeon and received insurance approval Wednesday afternoon!!! Happy Thanksgiving to me. I have my scheduling approintment Dec. 2 and believe my surgery date will be Dec. 15. I'm extra, extra excited!

It was really strange not buying out the mall today for Black Friday. My hubby keeps reminding me to stop buying clothes, which is a nasty habit of mine. My sister-in-law actually went shopping in my closet last night. I was a bit embarrassed at the number of clothes that still have tags on them. Let's just stay I probably have more clothes than Lane Bryant, Macy's and Ashley Stewart have...scattered throughout my house across four bedrooms. Guess I'll have to start over! :smilingface (52):

Anyway, my highest weight was 338. Current weight is 308. 5'3". Size 22/20 bottoms and 2/3x tops. My goal weight is 165.

BTW...I just joined the site today and already feel so welcomed! You all are awesome and really have taught me a lot in the past 2 1/2 hours. Congratulations to you all...not only for your approvals and weight loss, but also for taking steps to make your life the best it can be. I'm so excited to be a December Sleever!!!!

DOS 12/6/11 - unfortunately dr. didn't require pre-op liquid diet, i figured i would get it out of my system and eat while the eating is good :wacko: I gained 17 lbs.!!! I'm so upset. I can't really blame the dr., but since no pre-op required I ate and ate. I'm so very upset :hurt: I am putting myself on a Liquid Protein diet til my 12/6/11 WLS. If I can lose 5 lbs. i'll feel a little better.

Did anyone else mess up like i did? Gain weight before surgery by going off on the deep end? Am I the only one :noidea: Well whats done is done.... i wish i could turn the clock back. Tomorrow is a new day - and Protein Shake here i come.

kathy

Well this is my first post on this site! My surgery date has been set for awhile now.. drum roll please (sorry I'm a music teacher).....

December 19 at Yale New Haven Hospital with Dr. Robert Bell.

I am still waiting on pins and needles for my insurance approval with Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. I don't have to do a pre-op diet OR mandatory weigh-ins for six months according to my insurance and surgeon.

I think I'm more nervous NOT having to do the pre-op and the six month weigh-ins because I have this deep fear that things are way too easy and I'm just waiting for the ball to drop. I'm also praying that I'm wrong and that all will work out. I am not one to be patient so any words of wisdom to calm me down would be great!

I can't WAIT for this surgery. I've been overweight/obese my entire life with little spurts or extreme dieting and extreme exercise and there a huge weight loss, only to gain it all back again (and then some). Can't wait to go clothes shopping in my own closet!

Can't wait to be on the losers bench with all of you!

Tonya

Rainsong, be ye encourage Tonya and remain positive it will work out in your favor, just believe. It's been a eight month journey for me and it seem like Dec. 7th is taking forever, but I am staying focus and positive, preparing myself for that day to come and afterwards.

I am praying that you will have peace while waiting on your insurance approval.

God bless you!!!

Gina

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm having my VSG by Dr. Kelly in Tijuana on Decemeber 7th. My cousin is getting sleeved too!

I'm quite excited but the pre-op diet is driving me crazy. I'd sell my m,other for some crackers. Yesterday was decorate the office for Christmas and people brought in all kinds of goodies. I admit that I tasted a few things. Just enough for a taste though.

Today I did Christmas shopping and when we got home I was sleepy so I took a nap. I can't remember the last time I took a nap! I think my rationalization was if I am asleep I won't me thinking about all the things I can't eat.

I'm more than ready to be post-op and no longer have the hungry feeling.

hi all - went out of state to be with family for the holiday - tried to curb my eating. Decided to tell one of my sisters about the WLS. I was shocked - she is so excited for me :hurray: She didn't understand why i was so apprehensive to tell her (or others) Well, all people react differently to this matter. Really glad I told her, she's so happy I know she will be supportive. I really haven't told others except my mom and daughter (both out of state) My pre-op is monday, sleeve one week from tuesday, 12/6/11. I'm getting so very nervous. Within the past 2 months I have flown :plane: to CA. to be with 81 yr old mom who fell and broke her pelvis - went to GA. to visit my daughter, son-in-law, but more importantly my 3 grandkids :rolleyes: Now I just came back from MA. (for thanksgiving) to be with 4 siblings, in-laws, nieces & nephews, phew I have not flown this much since... actually i have never flown this much - man oh man are my arms tired :tongue2: But.... do to all this busy stuff, time really has gone by quickly which makes me so excited. BTW I live in NY. Can't believe my big day is finally around the corner.

like so many other december sleevers - i'm a little scared, anxious, just wanting to get it over with and start my new healthy life to go through the end of the year - then out with the old - to start a new great year tomorrow and forever., starting and continuing with success til the end of the year, and through 2012 and then forever more being healthy

thanx for listening :wave: kathy

My surgery date is Dec 12th, Dr. Avara, Ocean Springs, MS

I went through 3 months of dietician consults for insurance requirements (Blue Cross Blue Shield) not expecting to get approved. I was told they were not approving the sleeve but once submitted within 1 week I was approved. I am the first patient at this clinic to be approved by insurance for the sleeve. :purplebananna: I'm thankful to God that he has me on this track. I would love to be considered "normal" weight for once in my life. I start my 10 day pre op diet on Dec 2nd and not looking forward to it. Once my mind hears "can't eat that" then I'm starving. :confused5:

Best wishes to everyone!

DOS 12/6/11 - unfortunately dr. didn't require pre-op liquid diet, i figured i would get it out of my system and eat while the eating is good I gained 17 lbs.!!! I'm so upset. I can't really blame the dr., but since no pre-op required I ate and ate. I'm so very upset. I am putting myself on a liquid Protein diet til my 12/6/11 WLS. If I can lose 5 lbs. i'll feel a little better.

Did anyone else mess up like i did? Gain weight before surgery by going off on the deep end? Am I the only one. Well whats done is done.... i wish i could turn the clock back. Tomorrow is a new day - and Protein shake here i come.

kathy

Kathy, please dont get down on yourself, we all have setbacks on this journey. I too gained 7 pounds in the months waiting for surgery. I am doing the 2 week pre-op diet and am having a hard time, but i have good support, and have been doing my best. Congrats on being approved, and just take it one day at a time! You'll do better tomorrow!

Sara

Hi, I'm new here.

I'm having my VSG by Dr. Kelly in Tijuana on Decemeber 7th. My cousin is getting sleeved too!

I'm quite excited but the pre-op diet is driving me crazy. I'd sell my m,other for some crackers. Yesterday was decorate the office for Christmas and people brought in all kinds of goodies. I admit that I tasted a few things. Just enough for a taste though.

Today I did Christmas shopping and when we got home I was sleepy so I took a nap. I can't remember the last time I took a nap! I think my rationalization was if I am asleep I won't me thinking about all the things I can't eat.

I'm more than ready to be post-op and no longer have the hungry feeling.

I laughed so hard when you said you'd sell your mother for some crackers, cuz i totally would sell mine too, lol! I've been trying to sleep in late so i dont have to think about food either.

I've been on this journey for quite a while and began the approval process in March. After my PCP retired and my dietician left the practice, I had to scramble right at the end to keep things on track. Did I mention I changed WLS surgeons as well? LOL. Well now I've found a great surgeon and received insurance approval Wednesday afternoon!!! Happy Thanksgiving to me. I have my scheduling approintment Dec. 2 and believe my surgery date will be Dec. 15. I'm extra, extra excited!

It was really strange not buying out the mall today for Black Friday. My hubby keeps reminding me to stop buying clothes, which is a nasty habit of mine. My sister-in-law actually went shopping in my closet last night. I was a bit embarrassed at the number of clothes that still have tags on them. Let's just stay I probably have more clothes than Lane Bryant, Macy's and Ashley Stewart have...scattered throughout my house across four bedrooms. Guess I'll have to start over! :smilingface (52):

Anyway, my highest weight was 338. Current weight is 308. 5'3". Size 22/20 bottoms and 2/3x tops. My goal weight is 165.

BTW...I just joined the site today and already feel so welcomed! You all are awesome and really have taught me a lot in the past 2 1/2 hours. Congratulations to you all...not only for your approvals and weight loss, but also for taking steps to make your life the best it can be. I'm so excited to be a December Sleever!!!!

I also have a nasty shopping habit, i havent bought any new clothes for a few months and it is driving me crazy!!! I did go BF shopping though, i bought some Levi in a size 16, 14 12 i figure if they dont fit me for long then those are the sizes my Sister in law, mother in law, and mom wear so i will give them to them or try to consign them. I dont want to sound stingy but i havent let anyone shop in my closet yet, i am going to need "skinny" clothes and most of my clothes are all good brands so i am going to try to consign first then donate\share what is left. Thank GOD for Gabriel Brothers and Marshalls!!

I also have a nasty shopping habit, i havent bought any new clothes for a few months and it is driving me crazy!!! I did go BF shopping though, i bought some Levi in a size 16, 14 12 i figure if they dont fit me for long then those are the sizes my Sister in law, mother in law, and mom wear so i will give them to them or try to consign them. I dont want to sound stingy but i havent let anyone shop in my closet yet, i am going to need "skinny" clothes and most of my clothes are all good brands so i am going to try to consign first then donate\share what is left. Thank GOD for Gabriel Brothers and Marshalls!!

I hear ya! Trust me when I say you couldn't tell she got anything. I'm always looking at clothes and styles and different trends and really just want to buy something. LOL. I've even resulted to trying to figure out what sizes I'll be in certain months to justify buying now. Unfortunately those calculations weren't making sense and I scratched that idea. I hadn't thought about consigning, but that would be a great idea. I just keeping taking bags of clothes to the thrift store for our local rescue mission to be sold. I have been holding back the. Ore expensive items though. Funny how I'm getting rid of clothes and haven't had the surgery yet. I just know everything will be just fine and want to make space for all the new things I'll bye.

Don't feel selfish for holding onto your things. I had to approve everything she took and made her put back several things. Wish I could say I haven't bought for a few months. It's more like I bought until I received insurance approval on the day before Thanksgiving. I actually received packages yesterday for clothes bought online last weekend....oops.

hi all you fellow shoppers :party4: I used to love to shop. Not so much though for quite awhile. park close to the store car so I only walk a pretty short distance to the store entrance. (this will change after i start losing weight) But I just get more and more pooped while walking, many probably have the same feeling :sad0: Thats why i especially hate to shop, look around, walk some more, i'm just so pooped. I always use one of those shopping carts to hold me up better making it easier to walk. When I'm with my DH he gives me his arm and things work much better. I think people just think i'm walking w/hubby, how sweet) they don't know I'm kindof huffing and puffing. I need to lose just about 100 lbs. Its never been that, its always been 50 lbs, then somehow it got to 65 etc., now 100 OMG. :focus:

anyways - i kept some of my beautiful smaller clothes to maybe wear after I lost weight. But I decided to get rid of them so i would buy new to reward myself. The other day I went shopping cuz i needed to buy something for a gathering, but i didn't want to spend much since i hoped i wouldn't wear a big size later. Well i passed these lovely clothes from sweaters, blouses, pants etc. - of course they were way too small - at first I was so sad :nonod: But then i looked again at the clothes saying ahhhhh, I will be able to fit into these clothes sooner than later, or at least gradually smaller sizes. So once again i looked at the clothes and smiled. :biggrin2: What an attitude huh?

So shopping will happen soon, I won't be as out of breath and things will continue to go better :hurray:

Fellow December Diva

kathy