Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December sleevers!

I'm required to do a two-week pre-op diet, and i start the day after thanksgiving too. I've purchased Protein Powder and have been trying to do 2 shakes a day, and have been doing that, but im not doing so good on curbing my eating. But i guess thats why i need surgery, to give me the tool to help me learn to eat better, while it helps me control my eating.

My surgery is scheduled for December 5th...

There is a chance my insurance is going to change their criteria on December 1st and then I wouldn't qualify for at least 6 months, so I've been pretty anxious and nervous. I am trying to get excited and ready but I don't want to set myself up for too big of a letdown.

Since there is a good chance I'm still on for the 5th, I will be starting my pre-op diet on the 21st.

I am scheduled for Dec. 8 with Dr. Ramos-Kelly. My kids are grown and live out of state, so they won't be home for the holidays this year, so I will start my pre-op diet the day after Thanksgiving...I think this will be the most wonderful Christmas present I have ever received :)

I start my pre-op diet the day before Thanksgiving so i will not be cooking this year. I get a break, my family and i will be going out to dinner and i will be drinking my shake while they eat.

So this is my first post!! I have been reading and lurking for the last 6 months!

I have my Last Nutrition APPT. Tomorrow NOV 14th. She is starting me on the 2 week liquid diet that same day.. SO tomorrow...

My friend at work is having the same thing and our ins only took 1 week to reply so my dietician wants me ready as soon as possible. The earlist i can have my surgery is Nov 28th but I suspect the first week in December actually.

I have alot of Nay sayers in my life but thats cause they think I am going to do more damage then anything.. ( I told them to do their research before they speak as they are very ill informed) 9 they think its the same as the bypass) anyhoo

im scared but the funny thing is that ever sense last week I dont mind looking in the mirror and seeing pictures of myself.. I almost want to engrave this image of myself in my mind cause I know my reality is about to change.......

DOnt forget to take lots of pictures.. im going to take 1-2 pictures a week wearing the same thing so that I can make quick slideshows to see the difference as motivation to keep going....

Good luck you all ..

im from San Antonio , TX and my dr is DR Seger from BMI of TEXAS

BTW I am 265 and wear 2xl shirt and 20/22 pant

my lowest ever was 135 lbs ( 8 yrs ago) at age 19/20

my haviest is now.. Pregancy does not do well with me for sure!!

Babigirl111, glad to hear that you like the hospital. Ironically, I had surgery on my knee 2 years ago at Tri City. How ironic, my surgery was in and out the same day so I can't say much for the hospital. I work for the court system and noticed your profession. Made me laugh.

I have told everybody that I am having weight loss surgery. I am pretty much an open book about most things in my life and thought that maybe my going public with my decision to have surgery may help someone else. You know, a co-worker goes home and says to his cousin, gee, a girl at work at wls and gee it is really working for her. I have to make this surgery work. I have coronary heat disease now and really bad knees and I want to live. So far I haven't had anyone be negative about it. Of course, they see how hard things are for me, so, perhaps they are on my side.

megannadine, I had my hubby take my first picture today! I have always had trouble "seeing" any weight loss that I've had, so this should help my mental picture of myself as I start shrinking.

Im taking a pic today.. My appoinment went well and they actually gave me a DATE!! Nov 28th! I started the diet today and NOT loving it at all. I have to drink the protien drinks then for dinner I can have small peice of protien and lots of veggies ( nonstarchy kind). So far I have failed once and its been only 5 hrs.

Its lunch time and instead of just the shake I have a grilled piece of chicken ( less then 3 oz) with lemon pepper seasoning... I ate it slowly and chewed alot.. I guess its not cheating it for dinner all I have is protien shake and maybe some veggies. I just need to work at it but I was soooo shaky and needed something and it felt good..:-) OYE this is going to be a long 2 weeks!

Dec 5!! Dr. Stephen Patching Sacramento, CA . I see Dr. Patching on Nov 22, I am pretty sure he will start me on pre-op diet day after Thanksgiving. I am soo excited and ANXIOUS! I just want it DONE ALREADY! Patience is not my strong suit. :ballchain:

Mine is Dec 20th with Dr Stephen Boyce in Knoxville, TN. I'm not scared, yet...lol. But it's taken me over 10-years to finally do this.

@ aet; Since I'm being sleeved on 12/21 (and only my parents know) I'm going to be under the weather and won't be attending Christmas Eve dinner. I'm sad to miss it, mostly the time with my extended family, but for me it's easier to skip this year and not have to deal with questions about why I'm not eating, since I'll be on Clear Liquids. I decided I needed to put myself, and my needs first and that's not to have to deal with any questions.

I am soo excited and ANXIOUS! I just want it DONE ALREADY! Patience is not my strong suit.

Patience is NOT my strong suit either, never has been (with the exception of shopping, i could look through those racks for hours). I CANT WAIT either, Ive been counting down the days (24 left) and want it here NOW too. The only thing getting me through the waiting is that I have carpal tunnel surgery on my left wrist on Nov 21st, and have the week off, and any time off work goes SUPER FAST, so wls will be here before i know it.

I'm really glad to see all these DECEMBER SLEEVERS, I cant wait till we're all on the losers bench! I definitely want to follow everyone's stories and experiences through this journey. I am so thankful for this site, I feel like I have made some life-long friends already, and cant wait to talk to more of you!

Is anyone doing a Youtube video?

My date is set for December 12th with Dr Kelly!!!

Both of my parents will accompany me, although they're not all to happy about traveling to Mexico. I know it will be great! The flights are scheduled and my passport has been arranged for. My parents will have to get theirs done before the week is over. :banghead: They better hurry up because I'm going with or without them.