Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Forum disagreements

I have to get this off my chest and then I will move on..lol

When someone makes a post and another member disagrees and it continues on for a bit I find it incredibly annoying when a third party jumps in to comment that.. We are ALL adults here and shouldn't be arguing... Or someone will say... "Wow.. DRAMA!" First of all, adults argue.. that's what people do. We don't spend our lives agreeing with everyone. Last I checked no one is full of sunshine and rainbows all the time. Disagreements and differences of opinion are fabulous and necessary. If you don't want in on a specific thread that you think is an argument then just don't read it. Secondly.. commenting by saying.. Oooohh Drama! makes you part of the drama. Enough said. I don't require another person to tell me not to argue. As an adult I am able to disagree. And to be honest with you I always learn something from an opposite point of view!

There.. now I feel much better... feel free to argue with me at any time..lol

lol, that is good. . . i've run into that problem several times myself. . especially in certain threads (christian) You can't ask a question in there without getting slammed. . . but it all worked out in the end. . . i totally agree with you about that we are all adults and that is what we do . . . it's human nature. . . just like someone told me "I like your no nonscense attitude" It's true, I say it how it is and that makes some people really upset, but you know what? I don't like being a hypocrite and the best friends are those who say it how it is. . . the truth hurts but at least everyone knows where they stand with that person. . .

I've been to A LOT of different online forums ranging all over the place. I made my first discussion post around 10 years ago on a sports website. You wouldn't think so but that place would get heated quite a bit. People can be really defensive over things like that. I've seen some other discussion boards and really bad ones where at least every other thread is someone blowing their stack on others that don't share their same point of view.

FWIW, this website is one of the least argumentative I've ever seen. It's quite tranquil as a matter of fact.

A little friendly yet heated discussion never bothers me. It's only when one will personally attack another and frankly that's usually because the author of said personal attack really has nothing else to use.

I must be in the wrong threads. I've never seen any arguments other than the one in one of the doctors threads. There is always a lot of controversy surrounding that surgeon.

I have always thought this was one of the nicer forums.

Well.. it is entirely possible that I am the one who I am really irritated at...LOL! Luckily I've moved on from my crankiness because I lost 3 pounds this week! YAY!

Yayyyyy! congrats on your 3 lb. loss :)

I always breathe in sunshine and breathe out rainbows :coolgleamA:

LOL cute!

I ran into a few negative nancy's. It is okay I just let it go. Move forward. Not worth the energy to feed into the negativity of ones misery. I'm too damn happy now to let some petty, trivial response ruin my journey to a healthier lifestyle.

Deb

Lets just act like adults for a moment... LMAO ok ok.. my bad. You know, the disagreements dont bother me either - it is the Sleeve Know-it-alls that bug the crap out of me. They comment on your post about YOU CANT DO THAT... or YOU SHOULD NEVER... The thing is, you are not a DR and even most of the Drs are still learning about VSG and life there after. We have to learn and grow together. Maybe sharing your experience would be better than bashing them for drinking coffee etc.

We can all learn from each other. Disagreements are ok... but sometimes you have to agree to disagree ... back to the fighting HAHAH

Lil Miss Diva is SOOOO right. Weight Watcher's forum is awful!!

That's cuz they are hungry and we are (generally) not! biggrin5.gif

I think this is true for other weight loss forums too. ;)

LOL!!! that's so mean biggrin5.gif ... Must admit- I was much meaner and hungrier on Weight Watcher and lost very little weight ... I love my sleeve... I've lost lots of weight and i'm not hungry or mean anymore!!! biggrin5.gif