Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The slimes.... can anyone explain them?

Thank God for this post because I had a case of them yesterday. I think I ate a little too much in one sitting. I felt so sick and then after about 45 minutes it resolved. I never want to feel like that again!!!

Had them today. Always on chicken. Chicken is not my friend,

I know this is a super old post, but I'm looking for answers that my surgeon can't give me. I'm 3 mo's out from a sleeve and have always had the slimes, since surgery. I can eat something and walk into the bathroom, just open my mouth and regurgitated food covered in thick slime just shoots out. Never over eat....I don't wait too long to eat...and really doesn't matter what I eat, it's always there. meats of course, are the main culprit, so I do limit them or keep away from them. But I've found issues with lots of other things as well. I haven't taken antiacids cause I never have pain/burning/or belching acid. Is this common? do I need an anitacid although not having any symptoms but the slimes? I just can't imagine that this is the rest of my life! Making sure there is a bathroom near me at all times to go spit this stuff out!

I get them when I cram my tiny stomach full. My mouth starts watering uncontrollably and I know it's on!!! It's only been like 2 times, but I have to run to the bathroom and puke. It'd puked on a daily basis when I was banded, but I'm really enjoying the feeling of just having a smaller stomach. It's take some getting used to, but it's working for me and it will work for you, too! Weigh your food to keep from overfilling. After 3+ months I still weigh. It helps! Good luck to you!!!

I really don't have an issue with eating too much. If anything, I'm wondering if I'm not eating enough? Last night for supper I tried about 2oz grilled chicken in small bites and about 4 cooked baby carrots. Sure enough, I spent the next 30 min spitting up regurgitated chicken and small carrots and tons and tons of slime...and frothy phlegm. I've really tried paying attention to how fast I'm eating, cause I suspect that as being a culprit too...but 1-2 minutes between bites should be slow enough, shouldn't it? Again...i'm looking for whatever advice I can get to try! Thanks! :)

Edited by Graciesmom04

Week 4. Stomach feels nauseous most days. I have lost 5 pounds only. I slime vomit daily. Appointment with dietician tomorrow. Doctor sending me to ENT to check out my esophagus. I go back to work in 2 weeks. Hope this vomiting stops by then.

On 5/6/2015 at 2:28 PM, Graciesmom04 said:

I know this is a super old post, but I'm looking for answers that my surgeon can't give me. I'm 3 mo's out from a sleeve and have always had the slimes, since surgery. I can eat something and walk into the bathroom, just open my mouth and regurgitated food covered in thick slime just shoots out. Never over eat....I don't wait too long to eat...and really doesn't matter what I eat, it's always there. meats of course, are the main culprit, so I do limit them or keep away from them. But I've found issues with lots of other things as well. I haven't taken antiacids cause I never have pain/burning/or belching acid. Is this common? do I need an anitacid although not having any symptoms but the slimes? I just can't imagine that this is the rest of my life! Making sure there is a bathroom near me at all times to go spit this stuff out!

I have had this since day 10 of surgery (sleeved 10/2). Everything (sometines even water) causes clear mucus like slime to come up. Mine happens with stomach spasms. Having major intake problems.

How do we get this to go away?????

I've been having issues with this too. And since my incisions are still healing, it hurts when the slimes come up. Even broth has been causing it. I absolutely hate it.

Are any of you guys taking Prilosec? I had vsg on 10/11 and I been taking it ever since. I have to take it for three months. My doctor said this will decrease the acidity. I believe you can get it over the counter too. It really helps

Week 4. Stomach feels nauseous most days. I have lost 5 pounds only. I slime vomit daily. Appointment with dietician tomorrow. Doctor sending me to ENT to check out my esophagus. I go back to work in 2 weeks. Hope this vomiting stops by then.

I am now 10 weeks post sleeve surgery. Up until 2 weeks ago, I was nauseous every day! Never threw up, but it was always right there. My surgeon put me back on a total liquid diet. I was on that for almost 3 weeks. Then I called my NUT and she said, no, you have to get some food in your stomach! She said to eat 2 or 3 triscuts. Somehow, once I got back on a bit of solid food, I did much better. Now I have only had that awful feeling once or twice in the past 2 weeks. Most days now are pretty good! Hope you are feeling better soon. I know it seems like it will never end, but it will. [emoji1]

YES! I had my surgery on the 2nd. A few days after starting puree.. It started. DISGUSTING!!!!! :65_mask:

Omg [emoji50] I just experienced the slime. Is this the same as dumping. I ate too fast