Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Lady Shoes... Comfortable Shoes... Diabetic Shoes

Comfy shoes are almost an obsession with me. I almost always wear sandals and I like cushioning. Clarks Springers are very good for that. I have some that I've worn for many years and many miles and even with my weight the soles haven't broken down and they've retained their cushion. I've just recently bought a pair of Crocs thongs and they're like walking on pillows. The same with Italian Flyflot sandals. Anyone with heel spur problems, though should avoid these soft type shoes, they could really aggravate things.

Right now I'm wearing Ana-Tech sandals. I have my custom orthotics in them. They're not as initially comfortable as the more cushiony shoes but I can make it through a long day better with them.

I have flat, wide feet with big toes that curl up - like elves, not under like hammer toes. I am so happy to be living somewhere I can wear sandals most days.

I have had good luck with Wolky sandals and clarks. I hate it when my feet hurt. Good luck. Celeste

I was a dedicated berkie wearer, until I started having problems with plantar fascitis (sp?). Went to a foot doctor, and was told that berkies are the worst thing for your feet.

You think you are getting great foot support and doing great things for your feet when you are not. Berkies do not actually offer good foot/arch support. I now have flat feet due to 25 years of wearing berkies.

I HATE those things!!

If ever there was a butt ugly shoe, it is Crocs!! I'd rather wear old lady shoes then look like a duck with webbed feet.

I love my Clark Shoes for dress, and my New Balance for walking or everyday wear. Clark has an awsome insole. I like them lots better than birkies.

If ever there was a butt ugly shoe, it is Crocs!! I'd rather wear old lady shoes then look like a duck with webbed feet.

:funnypost: :)

The only shoes I have worn for years is the Easy Spirit brand. I was a 6.5 W and had to move up to the 7 W.....small feet but fat feet. I wear their sandals in the summer and clogs in the winter. I hate shoes and prefer barefoot over anything.

I was a dedicated berkie wearer, until I started having problems with plantar fascitis (sp?).

Me, too. I still wear my Berkie sandals, but not all the time.

OK,so far we have votes for:

Aerosoles

Birkenstocks

Born (Bjorn?)

Clark's

Crocs

Dansko

Naturalizer

Propet

Rockport

SAS

And I'll add:

Lands End

Mephisto

Quarks

I'm glad Poodles started this thread. I've been wearing Lands End clogs for years but need to find something cuter to go along with my body-to-be.

Born and Birks are both great great great. I had a pair of born clogs that look great with Jeans and khakis that I wore almost every day for two years....except in summer then I'm in birks, tevas or barefoot.

I broke down and went to the Foot Solutions store this weekend. Wound up with some Naot(?) slingback clogs. It's SO frustrating. I went there for Danskos and they run TOO BIG for my little flintsone feet.:faint: :jaw: Regular stores only cater to narrows, problem feet stores only cater to larger feet. ????? See, I knew GOD meant for me to be barefoot.. really.... Now, how to make a living being barefoot....:) :nervous

See, I knew GOD meant for me to be barefoot.. really.... :) :nervous

You and me both!! I hate shoes period!!

I really love New balance shoes, i have wide feet and they fit great! If your on your feet all day maybe you could look into shoes designed for nurses.

No shoe advice but notice some of you are local to my area. Any comments about surgery in Richardson?

No shoe advice but notice some of you are local to my area. Any comments about surgery in Richardson?

Wished I had that option, but I work for a very large Outsourcing Corporation who requires 'business casual' to 'business professional' attire. ie, ever hear of Ross Perot's dress codes?? Well, he's not AS bad as he used to be, but somehow, athletic shoes and business attire just don't work. :) I do work in the hospital environment, but as a vendor/contractor doing training. I WISHED I could get back into my 'nursing' shoes. Yes, I do..