Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

19 days till my wedding!!!

Ok ladies...how stupid can one human being be??? my wedding is 19 days away and i have even worn heels every day to work and such to "practice" for the wedding shoes that are adorable but higher then i'm used to. peep toes!!! and last night i decided there was 5 steps in my home and not 7, in the dark and in new hard soled slippers. the left slipper fell off on the step and i fell down the steps landing on my left ball of my foot near my big toe. Thankfully it's not broken but the ER doc said i managed to really "jack up" the one area that's pretty hard to jack up. So today i sit on the couch with an ugly little blue shoe and if extended walking, the crutches near by and in 19 days it's my WEDDING!!! How incredibly frustrating and what a stupid move on my part! thankfully my fiancee just went out on his lunch break from work ( he works from home) and go tme my pain meds.

the part that stinks...i tend to get nauseated with pain meds so the docs have to order anti nausea meds at the same time...(although thankful for them...wish i didn't need either)

Sorry to vent but i'm feeling frustrated here!

Gayle

Hi,

I am sorry for your pain. Your post really made me laugh though. I do not know if you noticed but I wonder what is really on your mind....lol. I noticed you said the balll of your left "food" and not your "foot", I sure it was just a finger off but I thought it was cute. Hope you do not mind me pointing it out. I laughed out loud.

Get well soon!!!

maybe i was hungry when i posted...changed it now to be correct! LOL

thanks Deb....and i'm not one to every say i'm graceful! and now I can prove it too! LOL at least the pain meds are helping now and i don't have to go to work on a monday...:)

Is your wedding dress to the floor? If so, I say skip the adorable peep toes and go with ballet flats. You will be on your feet a lot on the day of your wedding, and your feet will thank you! Of course, I am not a "shoes" person, and I was more about comfort than looks on my wedding day (at least when it came to my feet). Plus, the only way I would have any grace is if my mom had named me Grace. She didn't.

I hope you recover very soon, and I wish you the loveliest of weddings and hope your footwear of choice works out despite this delay. :)

Look on the bright side, You have 19 days to recover, just relax and wear flats until then. You can take your shoes off if you need to at the reception and switch to flats there. Since the actual wedding isn't usually more than an hour you should be able to wear the shoes for just that little bit and then change :)

Awww so sorry to hear. Keep off of your foot as much as possible and keep it elevated when your sitting down. Your gonna be fine...Congrats to u!!!! Best wishes.

Well so far i have been wearing the ugly blue shoe thingy since it's kind of protecting my foot for now. I can walk on bare foot at home and it's doing better. I had my final dress fitting last night and the wedding shoes on for the first time since the fall. The left foot is still bigger and the shoe was still tight but it went on. My thinking is the wedding is 30 min and the reception is 4 hours or so...so we decided to hem the dress to flat shoes anyway since i had planned to wear slippers at the reception. so overall this worked out ok for me. 1 week and 6 days till the wedding!!! Can't wait, I'm about 1/2 way to my weight loss goal at 3 months (next week) and i'd have loved to be at goal but very happy to be at a much smaller size for the wedding. I'll post pic's after the honeymoon in Vegas!